Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 5

Old 01-23-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 15 and I have wonderful news! Not only did I sleep good, but I got my test results back!
I had an appt. on the 17th with my doc, told her everything, all my concerns.
She did a normal physical, womens check, and a comprehensive metabolic panel blood test.
I am so happy to say they ALL CAME BACK NORMAL! I am absolutely healthy!
I also had an echocardiogram, my heart is great,blood pressure, cholesterol, liver, kidneys,blood sugar, etc. etc.
I'm the picture of health! Which is so far from what I thought, 2 weeks ago, I swore I was on the verge of death! Just shows what alcohol does, makes a 29 year old healthy woman think she is DYING.
Really time to get on with life now!
By the way, I will admit that my AV spoke up right away and said "well see, you're not that bad off, alcohol didnt do any damage..."
But nope, not gonna listen!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Heya all, here at work and realized I forgot to post. on day 2 and struggling a bit...not with drinking though. So much stress I have put on myself over my DUI and I still havent told the 1 person I need to...M dad. Hes the one who will be most hurt over my actions (besides me) I know he will cry...so I am having a hard time finding the courage to tell him and its wearing me down.. Drinking is not an option...I just feel so hopeless. A feeling of dread. I know it will get better, but it starts with telling my dad.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

WOW so many people with double digit days of sobriety! keep inspiring!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm back and back on day 1 I'm afraid.But I'm not feeling to bad if I'm honest,I'm learning things about alcoholism and learning new things about myself.Off to the sauna tonight just to sweat it all out so feel a bit more like hitting the gym properly tomorrow .well done everyone else and keep going :-)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good for you Django and Life4living, keep moving forward!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Adee - I'll stick to it but omg - I feel mentally unstable today - just struggling with the stress I cause when I drink. It's just all too much - I need to distance myself from this person and only time can do that - eugh!

Good luck irelander too - once it's out there you will feel so much better
Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Starting day 6. I'm feeling great today. I ended up with a migraine yesterday. But I seem to get those with or without alcohol. My husband was great yesterday. We are looking at a new house for the 2nd viewing tomorrow and seriously thinking about making an offer. I asked him last night if he thought he was ready to wear his wedding ring again and he very sweetly asked me to get it and put it on him. He thanked me for doing this for us. I am so thankful he is giving me my millionth chance. This is it. Drinking is not worth it. It is not worth how crappy I feel afterwards both physically and emotionally and it is not worth losing the man I love so much and has always stood by me. I know it has only been 6 days but I'm more determined than ever. I'm on my way!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Irelanders we are here for you.
One of the best things about sobriety for me was how good honesty felt. It was like a different life not keeping a secret anymore.
You can do it.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Leaving work soon and planning to treat myself and cook up some nice steak for myself tonight. I waste so much money on booze and spend hardly anything on proper nice healthy food so I'm planning to eat better and hopefully put some weight on. I'm also joining the gym as exercise has really helped in the past. Back to smart meetings too.

This is the time I do this
Old 01-23-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Starting new that is sooo great! I love your love story!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Haennie, that very kind of dinner (often with a cocktail hour first) was part of my life, too. (Also the more downscale variety with pitchers of beer.) Along with a lot of travel, and living in hotel rooms, part of my work.

Not for msny years now, though. Since I was basically an introverted personality in an extroverted work environment, I would have said - if I would have thought about it at the time - that that was the trigger. (By introvert, I don't mean that I don't like people, just that social contact costs me a lot of energy that I need to recoup with sufficient alone time - extroverts are just the opposite. )

But it turns out that, when I got out of that lifestyle, l progressively began to drink just as much - but every day. Turns ot the triggers for me are, so to speak, inwardly generated, e.g., when I start to dramatize my own thinking, scripting, directing and starring in my own soap opera.

I have 11 days in, and have no desire to drink. But I'm not sure how I would handle one of those dinners, not just yet anyway.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day 23 for me!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Welcome argent! Glad you've decided to join us!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

SoberMM congratulations on 23 days! Your one of the founders of January 2014 thanks for leading the way!RVD
Old 01-23-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

haennie congratulations on overcoming that challenge! Your post was a good example of the work (mental, physical and emotional) that we have to put in to protect and maintain the sobriety we all want and need. Thanks for taking the time to write about your current set of challenges! Respectfully, RVD.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 10 for me. Feeling really pleased and also caffeine free so far this week
Thanks to everyone for their continued support
Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Exerpt of Lyrics of a song of addiction/recovery

Exerpt of the song "Stop" by Ryan Adams & The Cardinals. It is a beautiful song of addiction and recovery...

I know a place where the future is denied
I know a hand that twitches inside
For some of us the glass is filled with lights
But if the honey makes you sick
Honey, there is a line that must be walked
If you wanna make it stop, then stop, stop

Slow down, you don't have to talk
Lie down, breathe, stop
Slow down, it's not your fault
Look around, there's so many of us
So many of us, you are not alone
Ever, ever, ever, stop

Call in the backup and the backup comes
But nobody can help you if you won't
Inside your chest, your heart is just heart
Behind your eyes, a need replaced, a want
Old 01-23-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Just checking in for accountability--all is well for me. I've been finding that it is really important for me to stick with a routine and a schedule, right down to the most mundane of tasks. It's best for me to keep it this way right now, even though sometimes it feels as if I'm just going through the motions. This is better than the "over-stimulation" of living without structure...that's when I wind up anxious and in trouble. This is new to me, as I have winged it for years. But I am finding that I am accomplishing the things that I want to get done, and looking forward to the next day knowing that I will feel well and have the energy to complete my tasks in a positive manner.

Have a good day classmates!! Wishing you all the very best!!

Much love,

MV
Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi all, still here and sober three weeks now, don't post much but read threads and try to keep up with how everyone is doing, stay strong everyone ! Peace X
Old 01-23-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm checking in too, day 21 here!
Arctic that's fantastic about your blood work and tests. I'm still too a scared to get tested. I think I will in a couple of months. I'm also worried if everything is normal that I'd also think oh see, I'm fine I can drink again! And of course worried about not so good results.