Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 5

Old 02-01-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

welcome babs and abcowboy. Ace - I do hope you'll stick with us.

Sunny - I have 3 kids too - I get it. I take a LOT of hot showers and baths when I can get them in. I put on movies that will keep people occupied and I get on here, or watch a show, or just lay down and listen to music. If my husband is home, I take one of the dogs for a long walk.

It is really hard because when you are home, you are never truly away. Can you schedule some true away time? Sometimes just knowing I have that in the future gets me through the tough moments at home. Heaven for me is simply wandering around a book store, alone. 30 minutes of it and I feel back in my own skin. It doesn't take much time for me to feel better, but it does take some scheduling and coordination to find that time.

I don't know the ages of your kids - mine are getting a little old for my last tactics, but I used it all the time when they were younger - emergency dance party. Put on my favorite music, turn it up loud, and just dance. That almost always was a great mood changer and energy booster. I think now I'd get the 13 year old glare of "No mom. Just. No."

Hang in there. Look to the evening and the time you WILL have to yourself. You can get through the tough day.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Ace, it's a slip, 32 days is amazing so you can do this. You're still here, that's great,just keep posting. We're here for you.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Ace, We have faith in you, you might have stumbled but you will get back up. I hope you continue to post here.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread folks:
join us here -

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D