Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 24

Old 01-15-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
I BLAME NUTELLA!

I have been eating a LOT of it in the past two weeks, straight out of the tub with a spoon (ain't nobody got time for bread!)!! No bueno.

I will pick myself up tomorrow.
I laughed out loud at this. I know a lot people say they LOL, and don't. But I did laugh out loud. My four dogs all sat up like a mailman just walked in the door or something...that's loud.

I ate peanut butter straight out of the tub today. So if it makes you feel any better....bread is overrated and unnecessary. Eliminate the middle man I say.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Can you all believe I have never had Nutella?

Maybe it would be the key to everlasting sobriety for me? Worth a try?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
Kane, we are watching the Australian Open right now. I am looking for you in the crowds. Looking for the zenned out guy sipping a lemonade.
Its 42 degrees Celsius (108 degrees Fahrenheit) right now !! And the Aussie sun really beats down. I am hiding inside, thank you very much !
Old 01-15-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
Me too Kane, me too.

-------------------

I BLAME NUTELLA!

I have been eating a LOT of it in the past two weeks, straight out of the tub with a spoon (ain't nobody got time for bread!)!! No bueno.

I will pick myself up tomorrow.
Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
I laughed out loud at this. I know a lot people say they LOL, and don't. But I did laugh out loud. My four dogs all sat up like a mailman just walked in the door or something...that's loud.

I ate peanut butter straight out of the tub today. So if it makes you feel any better....bread is overrated and unnecessary. Eliminate the middle man I say.

Seriously though, be careful not to isolate Br00ksie. AS an AA member, you may have heard that isolating can be a warning sign of potential relapse. Indeed, get off your backside and go to that meeting. I am sure you wont regret it ! I am sure you could wear a sack, be unwashed and STILL look better than most of the folks there !
Old 01-15-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Rochele, Nutella is good, but I absolutely love Biscoff spread. I can't even keep it in the house because I devour it before anyone gets a taste of it. And, for the record, I have never spread it on anything. I eat it with a spoon.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Can you all believe I have never had Nutella?

Maybe it would be the key to everlasting sobriety for me? Worth a try?
That is really difficult to believe (unless you have an allergy). Nutella, like chocolate, cannot be resisted. Its futile to try....
Old 01-15-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't like Nutella - do I have to stop posting?

D
Old 01-15-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
That is really difficult to believe (unless you have an allergy). Nutella, like chocolate, cannot be resisted. Its futile to try....
Bingo, Kaneda. My dd has a nut allergy and we keep most nutty things out of the house. Just so happens I had never tried it before that. But I should try it, as people always rave about it.

Brooksie, I am glad you got yourself out. Did it help?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't like Nutella - do I have to stop posting?

D
Well then, Dee, you answered my question about it being a key to everlasting sobriety, since you are on the right path without Nutella.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Bingo, Kaneda. My dd has a nut allergy and we keep most nutty things out of the house. Just so happens I had never tried it before that. But I should try it, as people always rave about it.

Brooksie, I am glad you got yourself out. Did it help?
Be thankful you have never had Nutella. It is sinfully good IMHO!!

I did make the meeting and the topic was exactly what I needed to hear. The speaker was awesome!

There was a passage that was read which spoke to me directly and I wish I could tattoo to my forehead (but maybe I'll just print it and tape it to my mirror instead )!!

"On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assurance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Our thought-life will be placed on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives."

I needed to be divorced from self-pity tonight. I am straightening my hair right now and I have made a plan for my day tomorrow.

Follow up on a job lead
Deal with some financial stuff
Run (depending on the weather)
Wash clothes
Clean fridge
Coffee with a sober woman
Women's meeting

Thanks for the support and encouragement!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
Rochele, Nutella is good, but I absolutely love Biscoff spread. I can't even keep it in the house because I devour it before anyone gets a taste of it. And, for the record, I have never spread it on anything. I eat it with a spoon.
Phew, I'm not alone!

I'm inclined to believe that more people than not go spoon-to-mouth at some point between a full and empty jar of spread!!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

We did try biscoff. My daughter liked it, but it it is pure carbs and fat. No proteins or healthful qualities liked nut butters. We use sunflower seed butter daily here. It is very good and actually healthier than some nut butters.

Glad you got out Brooksie. I think my journey would be very different if I were at a different place in life.

I am giving serious thought to joining the local gym with my daughter. It is very expensive, but I think it would be good for her depression and get me out, and be good for me.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Br00ksie

Thanks for posting about the AA meeting. Just the tonic I needed ! Now it will be my turn to brave the heat for my meeting !!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Lillian Gish has been working at her computer for 14 hours now. Thank you for keeping me company while I worked today.

I'm off to bed ~ as I need to wake up at 5 am to go to work again.

I did not get sober to be worked to death. Hmm, food for thought there.

Sweet dreams everyone ~ and for those in daylight, keep the wind in your sails.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams Ms Gish !
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Wait. They have a spread that tastes like the biscoff cookies????

My mind is blown! On that note: goodnight!!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

~~~Thanx 2 U All~~~

Having a tough time sleeping this morning and now its 2:30 PM, had the mind racing from all the posts and baring of my soul in the previous thread to this one. Wasn't a productive @ work today because I was preoccupied with getting information on how to deal with the end of the relationship, and more importantly, how to go forward with my sobriety from here on in. Some "major changes" are in order and I'm processing and writing out how and when those are going to take place and the vision is not quite clear as of yet.

I want to thank all of you for your support right now and I'm sure over the next week or so my post count will increase exponentially lol lol and I will lean on your input and support even more. I did take some time and view a great podcast by my pastor on "Transformation" which is the theme of the first month of the year and he drove home some really prominent points that seemed to speak directly to me and my situation. currently. Remember folks that "nothing is as powerful as a changed mind, and as a man/women thinketh so is he/she" I truly believe that to the core. My road to my great destiny is to change my mindsets and beliefs and then the actions to follow...that is the great work at hand right now. It will be hard but necessary. I'm going to listen to some more of my pastors word right now and some personal development so my mind can quite and rest on the possibilities instead of anything negative before I encounter this new day. I can choose for this challenge to make me bitter or better and for damn sure I'm going to get better. I will post when I get the opportunity later on people...thanx again.thanks
Old 01-16-2014, 01:37 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Nuttella - the devil's spawn! But for something really divisive on the consumables front - Marmite is the thing! I go from loving every salty bitter black streak of it on my toast to loathing it like something brewed in hell's kitchen - all within the space of a day!

All the best to people here and their journeys to happy sobriety. It is a mild day here for January and the sun is out - a rare thing here on the Scottish borders this time of the year. Today life without alcohol feels just about perfect!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

~~~Food for thought ~ Thursday Edition~~~
~~~Keep Moving Forward~~~

(Note: Lost a little sleep tonight but have been very productive...no matter what happens to us, or through us, we must...must....keep moving forward..I'm on the move)

~The Meal~
Keep moving forward! Sometimes people may try to shut you down, but they have no idea who they're messing with!! KEEP MOVING! Life will test you to see how serious and determined you are. Don't take it personally ~ it comes with the territory. No test...no testimony. KEEP MOVING!!

Sometimes your funds are low and your bills are high. You have to fake a smile when you want to cry...but keep moving forward!! When your back is up against the wall..lean into it and stand tall. Keep moving...even if you fall. Crawl if you must ~ look up, but keep moving forward! Every dream comes with a test and demands of you to bring out your best. Believe in yourself, unleash your power and KEEP MOVING FORWARD!! You have GREATNESS within you!!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Its 42 degrees Celsius (108 degrees Fahrenheit) right now !! And the Aussie sun really beats down. I am hiding inside, thank you very much !
Hey Kaneda8888, i heard you guys having been getting roasted our there. I've been watching the Australian Open and the players have been complaining that its inhumane playing in that weather. Stay cool my friend.