Notices

Class of March 2013 - Part 23

Old 01-14-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Toots, wonderful! congrats on 10 months
Old 01-14-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi MeSo, yes they close the roof when it reaches 45, which is is bout 120! I fell sorry for them playing in that heat. it's 4:15 am at the mo and it's 38 (106F)....not much sleep going on in the LP house tonight!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah, i was surprised to see your post! What's going on? Anything you're up to talking about?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
Hi MeSo, yes they close the roof when it reaches 45, which is is bout 120! I fell sorry for them playing in that heat. it's 4:15 am at the mo and it's 38 (106F)....not much sleep going on in the LP house tonight!!!
I started sweating just reading that. :-)

Is it humid? Summer on the east coast here in the States generally means HUMIDITY, which is awful. Less than five minutes outside and I feel like I need to shower again.

Way to go Toots on your ten months. Wow!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I hate trying to sleep when I'm too hot! Not that that is a likely scenario anytime soon! LP, if you don't feel up to talking here ( and I can understand how it's easy to get fed up of feeling like your always being down ) how about writing it down? It can also help to pinpoint exactly what is going on, and also to see repeating patterns that lead to drinking again. But please don't hold back here for any reason other than you just don't want to right now.

Wehav, great roundup honey, the jobs yours! I am mailing my biro and notebook as I type!

Gilmer, you have taken on a huge task, so whatever happens your are a mensch in my book! I hope that means what I think it means and I didn't just insult you!!!!! ( plus I think it's Yiddish rather than Hebrew, but meh, what do you expect from a heathen!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think you just called me a sh**head, Toots!

I'm in a good mood. I had to study some really hard concepts and it seemed overwhelming all week--but the quiz turned out to be super easy. i can relax for the night!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Gilmer, I like your style...

Toots good to see you dear. Glad your doggie is happy in England.

Lifet, I'm with everyone else. This is the fight of our lives. Your life. Say whatever you gotta say when you need to say it. We care for you and your well being!

I'm at work now so I better get back to it, but have a good day/night folks!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's not 45C here, it's only about 23C but 40 is predicted this week. Melbourne Centre Court like New York (can't think of the name) gets unbelievably hot not just because of the weather but also the arena and the surface.

LP no need to talk about yesterday if you don't want to, but remember that we are here for every sort of update from each other, because we care.

DD I love your eclectic taste in music, I was nodding along to almost all of your choices along with Sass's.

I haven't forgotten the recipe requests I'm just getting used to working again!

Have a good and sober day peeps.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yeah, I didn't mean to be pushy, LP. i was just concerned.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey Marchers:

Dude here.

No worries MeSo. I have mixed feelings about being congratulated on my marriage since my husband and I have been together for 24 years, but the legal recognition is a victory to celebrate, one I never thought I would see in my lifetime. Also, I say "husband" now since it is true, at least until I cross the border into the Dakotas or Wisconsin.

Australian friends, please accept some of our cold air. I can handle bitterly cold (but do miss the sun) but I'd lose my mind in the heat you've been having down there. Yikes.

Toots - 10 months! This is wonderful news. Congratulations.

Good luck with the studies, Gilmer.

Everyone is sounding fairly good but if you are going through a tough time, please feel free to post if you want to. I only rejoined the fold to help me with SAD and everyone has been terrific and no one has reprimanded me for coming back for support.

DD, your Springsteen comment =

Doing well. Had a good lunch with a friend and we commiserated about the possibility that our brilliant careers in the arts may be over since neither of us have "broken out". Happily I know how to teach and write grants and she has marketable job skills too, so neither of us will starve.

Big love to all Marchers except Springsteen-haters. Moderate-love to youse.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mensch (מענטש) a Yiddish word that means "a person of integrity."
Congrats on 10 months Toots
good to hear from you North...I hope one day, in my lifetime, a mature adult love and commitment will be recognised legally in all its forms

D
Old 01-14-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Toots congrats on 10 months!!!!

Double digits grrrrrllll that's awesome!!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Toots, to answer your earlier question, we're almost always yappy on this thread :-). I suspect you've just gotten too busy preparing for your move!

Dee, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments!

I heard "Mensch" used to describe someone who is an exceptionally good egg. A very close friend is a font of knowledge about Yiddish expressions :-)
Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey Life! If there one thing we are good at around here is yuking it up but stopping mid sentence the minute someone needs to share something tough. It's probably one of the best thing about this group.

We are like the mafia. Once you are in..there's no way out.

And just me but I'm not always happy. Sometimes I find life pretty tough. But staying on here helps me. I could blab on and on and if no one even acknowledged a word I said I still feel like I'm amongst friends who have accepted me in my darkest moments. And have always understood and always wanted the best for me. I feel the same about you and everyone else here.

There are no I'm sorrys here..unless you accidentally call someone a Yiddish sh*thead or confuse a gender. And even then I don't think any of us really mind all that much. I personally would take both as a compliment.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is its nice to have people who really know you. Even if the only way they know you is by what you tell them. It doesn't matter. Ain't a one of us that doesn't know how tough this can be sometimes. I don't want any of us to drink again but if any of us do, I wouldn't love anyone any less. I would just pray they never give up.

We may be the only people we will ever have in our life that get us like we do.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the 10 months Toots! Just think. No one in Boston will never have known you as a drinker. They will think you have always been as pure as the driven snow. Unless you tell them. Which knowing you, if it helped someone you probably would.

We will throw a party upon your arrival. Look for the Statue of Liberty. And get ready for St Patricks Day. It alone will make you glad you don't drink. But it is fun pretending we are all Irish and wearing stupid shirts saying kiss my Blarney Stone. I'm sure we embarrass the Irish but we get confused over here sometimes. We are so blended most of really haven't got a good handle on where any of our kinfolk really came from. I know in my family we just pick the stories that sound the best. I'm related to Pocahontas on my mothers side.

Oh, and we think things 200 years old are really old. We don't have Stonehenge but if you are interested and ever visit the state I live in you can come see Carhenge. Yep, we have a farmer who did Stonehenge with old cars. We got culture everywhere you look.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Yes, LP! How have you been coping with the justice issues you were dealing with last month (the death of the drunk driver rather than his being held responsible for your mother's death)? What else is going on?

I know your message was sent with the best of intentions Gilmer........but

where is the Justice???

That's how I feel................but I am also a drink driver, i've been caught and paid the fine, now doing the time.

Justice..........an interesting word, in syllables "i was only just"..........or "Ice".......there's nothing colder!

I'm struggling to forgive him, how could I, If I can't forgive myself?!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

sometimes there is no justice J - or sometimes the justice is only apparent at a distance.
If I continued to drink at the injustice, guilt, fear anger sorrow and regret in my life I'd be dead now.

I had to decide to put my issues away until I got myself well - then I took them out and looked at them again.
Many things were squared away - the rest I have to live with.
I don't think that's a story only applying to you or me J.

I have to ask tho - where's the justice in you drinking your life away?

D
Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Correct Dee! No justice!

But...we (not you, or this class), keep on going on going on. I don't believe I will welcome my 50th.............maybe that's my destination, to join Mum........a much nicer human being than me........she didn't deserve what was thrown at her, literally......ha ha, here I go again being forseious ( I have nod idea about that spelling)!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're a good kind and sensitive woman who has a wonderful life ahead of her - if you can stop beating yourself up.

I really believe all of us were put here to do something. I don't believe your purpose is to be forever grieving or hating yourself.

I know pain can get to be familiar - but that doesn't mean we should stay there.

Have you thought of some counselling - can you get some through work maybe?

D
Old 01-14-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

LP I agree with Dee, sometimes you need to get well before you have the strength to look back. Can I ask, were you drinking when you posted that last post? I know from my past experiences, that alcohol allowed me to wallow in my hurts, which in turn made me weaker and less able to move forward. I really wish you would have another go at that AA 80 meetings in 80 days or what ever it was. I feel you have too much opportunity to focus on your pain and not enough to focus on your recovery. You know that your mam would hate to see what you are allowing yourself to go through. You can win your battles, but you do need to fight them to do that.