Notices

Class of August 2013 - Part 9

Old 01-14-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ugh. Hate using my iphone to type on here! Realized I was making no sense in my last post...something about "totally but something or other" should have been "but I've sort of come to terms with it"

Else you are seriously wonderful!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel like I have been trying to show off of late to get you to like me and I am sorry for this.
I think you're too harsh on yourself, JD but I empathise.

It took me most of my life to realise that I didn't have to try to be anyone else - who I am is ok - I could stand a little improvement like anyone, but basically I'm happy

Some people like me, some people don't and I'm ok with that.

Being content with who I am is a sure path to peace

Thanks to all of you sharing about relationship difficulties. I have no experience to share but it's an illuminating read.

D
Old 01-14-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words, all. Adbvike, I remember you also were in an uncomfortable situation regarding holiday company. There is a difficult spot between wanting to be kind and welcoming to others and knowing the limitations of what we can bear without being pushed to the precipice.

SheKnits, I joined after September so don't know your specific situation, but you certainly have my empathy. And I sure know what you and OceanLady mean about the smell. The last time I smelled wine was on Christmas Eve. It made me want to hurl, too.

Elseware is seriously wonderful. Actually, we all are. We just need to remind each other of that.

(As for the other stuff, well ... ol' Sister Mary Venecia of the Order of the Perpetual Dry Spell cannot offer much but ... you know. Hope things are OK and get better for folks.)
Old 01-15-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Ugh. I am seriously not very productive. Bad allergies, sleeplessness, probably moderate depression. Not getting my work done very well. Not getting enough work done. Not expressing myself well. Dissatisfaction is creeping in. My world is very dull and gray. I feel like I'm in some kind of limbo existence. Some thoughts of taking a break in a pretty clear bottle.

Enough whining, time to get on the phone and call the allergy doctor.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey FG, hang in there man. I also have allergies and have to control my environment pretty closely or face the consequences (no pets, etc). I bought another home in the high desert last summer only to discover I had major allergies to all the sagebrush and juniper trees - ugh. And the dry air makes everything worse. Tried everything (duct cleaning, etc) but it is clear that if I want to retire or spend much time up there (the best season) that I will have to start on allergy shots again. And I haven't had to have 'em in 10 years. So I understand the hassle involved there, believe me. But it's better than taking constant medication which has all those side effects. Now I spend long weekends up there for fun but come back here for a good night's sleep.

Sorry about the depression and other symptoms. That's a harder one to solve, but I'm certain the lack of sleep is making it all worse. And if you're taking OTC meds for allergies that can create sleep issues. I notice when I'm tired that all of those things are exacerbated.

As for flying cars... now THAT is a reson to be pissed off! I also am really disappointed that all those promises made to us when we were kids haven't come true by now. So we have smart phones? BFD. I want a flying car, dammit!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

LOL for real Advbike - Epcot was a scam, eh?

The cedar\juniper is what is killing me now. I really think it is all tied in to the allergies and all the meds I throw at them, because when they take a break I almost have my act together.

I just got off the phone with a new allergy doctor, I have an appointment next week. I took shots for several years for not a lot of improvement, but I'm going to ask for more aggressive treatment this time. They use the oral drops that you can take yourself daily at this place.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sorry FG for what your going though. Maybe my story of my day subbing for the school nurse will bring a smile and a little pride that our children or grandchildren won't be saying this about us!! Cute little first grader comes to see me crying with an earache ! In conversation while waiting for his mother to pick him up, I ask...has anyone else been sick at home? He replays with great innocent ..."well my dad PUKED red wine all over shower curtain and bathroom floor, he wasn't really sick, he said he just drank to much wine!!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
LOL for real Advbike - Epcot was a scam, eh?

The cedar\juniper is what is killing me now. I really think it is all tied in to the allergies and all the meds I throw at them, because when they take a break I almost have my act together.

I just got off the phone with a new allergy doctor, I have an appointment next week. I took shots for several years for not a lot of improvement, but I'm going to ask for more aggressive treatment this time. They use the oral drops that you can take yourself daily at this place.
FG when we tore our our house down to build our current house, we found black mold throughout the kitchen ceiling. My wife had to take a Claritin daily. Now we have air filtration systems, although we also have dogs and cats, oh and a hamster too. But not Claritin so that is good.

Mold is pervasive in cold and warm climates - most finished cellars develop mold due to poor builders and lack of understanding of vapor barriers.

That is sort of all I have on the subject but I hope you feel better.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Advbike, I live here among the sage and juniper and pines and I do not have allergies to anything. You have just given me something more to be grateful for. I have seen many people suffer around here and I hope you can get this under control. Allergies can bring much misery. Get better soon.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks Else. They're not too bad in the winter but summer/fall was really bad for me and I'm sure something will attack me in the spring, lol. Funny thing is I LOVE the smell up there - it is so fragrant. I have ridden into Bend on my motorcycle after a thundershower in summer and it is just awesome!
Old 01-15-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Five months of sobriety. Can't think of better people with whom to celebrate!
Old 01-15-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Venecia

D
Old 01-15-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Venecia, congratulations! You've come a long way and have achieved much personal growth. Thank you for so generously sharing yourself and your journey with us here in the August group. It is so nice to be in touch with people who are right where I am. I sure do appreciate you!
Old 01-15-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Way to go V! Awesome job! I hope things continue to go well for you - it is such a pleasure to read your posts.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Venecia, congrats !! Great job! One must read posts that beginners are posting and realize how far we have come! Thanks for always being here!
8/26/13
Old 01-15-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

NIce job Venecia - much to be proud about. I enjoy being in the same class as you and sharing in this experience.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Woohoo, Venecia! Can you believe it's been five months?

Catching up on all the posts over the past couple days. School started back this week and so far so good.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Yay Venecia!

Ok, gonna try and sleep now, if not I may be back to post pictures of ducks until we overtake September.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
Yay Venecia!

Ok, gonna try and sleep now, if not I may be back to post pictures of ducks until we overtake September.
lol, fat chance of that... they are definitely a bunch of talkers....
Old 01-16-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, third day in a row to go to work,oh god! What a difference in energy level since stopping drinking. I also am finding my memory is much better..is anyone else feeling that? Makes since all those screaming alcohol addicted cells are getting back to normal! What a marvel the hu man body is! Now if we just let it heal and not fill it with fears and doughts..I'm talking to myself!! Have a nice day!