Administrator

One Year and Over Club Part 14

Continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-13-a.html

D
Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi everyboy!
My husband & I spent a few hours this afternoon at The Midnight Mission in L.A. Today they had a Variety show with folks who visit the Mission each day for meals etc, and those men who live there too. A friend who lives here just got his 1 year sober chip this week too.....ya whooo Dennis M., !! 2 change is possible everywhere when there is willingness. Bobbi
Old 11-15-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for the new part dee

and gracy do hope the marbles go back to your head soon
Old 11-15-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi over's

I hope you're all good and well.

Sounds like you had a really good day Bobbi.

Ha ha Rusty, I'm working on it, feeling a bit better today.

I will tell you all about the awful start to the week. O was 4 on Monday and it was arranged by the court at the final hearing that his mother could have overnight access to him on Monday and Tuesday for the first time. It was horrendous, we were phoned at 2.15 Tuesday morning to go and collect him. Luckily the hotel she was staying in is only a stones throw from our house, he looked like he had been crying for hours, his eyes were like little red slits, he had vomited, he was shaking and totally traumatised. Got him home, wrapped him in a blanket, made him some drinking chocolate and just cuddled him, it took ages to calm him down. What a horrible birthday for him! He was supposed to spend Tuesday night with her too, but we couldn't put him through that again, so we compromised and she had him all day Tuesday and part of Wednesday, which wasn't much better. Bloody Judges, I knew it would be too much too soon, he hasn't seen her for more than a couple of hours this year and he's expected to stay overnight in a strange place with someone who can't speak English! The situation wasn't helped either by the input of my idiot son, his father, but that's another story! Anyway, though my heart bleeds for her, she went back to Madrid on Thursday and we are just getting back to some sort of normality. He's being very naughty and very clingy now, so lots of T.L.C being given. The worrying thing is that she is due to come again on 05 Dec and have him unti 11th. I would prefer her to come here to the house and spend a few hours a day with him on his home ground, it would be better for him, so if I am able to that's what I will try and organize.

Anyway there's even more to my horrible week and I'm still trying to get my head round the rest of it!

Sleep well everbody ( Its half past Midnight here)

Grace.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm new here Grace. What you shared about your family situation just broke my heart. I'll add you, the little guy, and family to my prayers. Bobbi
Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs and happy Saturday to you all.

Feeling much better today. The other half has this weekend off and a spot of painting is on the agenda. Need to spruce the dining room up a bit for Christmas which is 38 days away apparently, oh yuck.

Thank you so much Bobbi, all prayers gratefully accepted. Welcome to the Overs, it's good to have you with us.

Grace xxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(( HUGS )) Grace!
Old 11-16-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Aw Grace what a sad story! The poor little guy, it is so awful to see little ones traumatized like that. But I'm sure he feels how much you love him and that helps him to get over it. Aw! I hope you can sort it out with the mother's visits. It made me laugh that you said "yuck" about Christmas, it really does feel like that sometimes doesn't it? More work than anything and money spent, but it really is magical around the actual day with all the memories etc., and I really have a soft spot for Xmas music, although I can't BELIEVE they're playing it in stores already! It seems so pushy, doesn't it?

Welcome BarbieKen! And any other newcomers I've missed, welcome! And congratulations on making it to ONE YEAR!!!! 2

I got into a confrontation last weekend, it was so so horrible and a really long story. But it really upset me because I was sort of dragged into a situation I didn't deserve to be in because of other people's mess ups and craziness. It sucked. I'm trying to find the lesson in it but haven't yet. Just feel dumped on and angry that my weekend away was ruined by a huge A**HOLE.

Anyway, moving on! How's the weekend chugging along for everybody?
Old 11-16-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

poor little O, Grace - I hope you can make both his parents see some sense.

D
Old 11-16-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We (my hubby and myself) went to our favorite meeting this morning, then to a friends Art Show. Next home to bake goodies and stay inside on this beautiful gray day! I wish it would rain more here in our town, heck So Cal Have a beautiful evening....Bobbi
Old 11-16-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Overs

Had problems logging in today as the Internet server was playing up.
My throat is much better so that's good, told you it would be!
We had quite a productive day, my other half is off this weekend so took my parents into town and managed to get my dad into the coffee shop they love, though he says now that he never liked that place, bless him.
This afternoon we started painting the dining room, I'm thinking the other half wishes he was in work, lol.

Thanks for the hugs Lyddie, much appreciated.

I.P, yes it was truly awful, managed to contact his mother via Skype this evening and he sat on my knee and we sung a nursery rhyme to her. Hopefully she will keep it up and she won't be so much a stranger next time. It's very hard.
Yuck, Christmas, I'm thinking of cancelling it this year, lol. I get really stressed about it, I have so little free time. I'm okay once everything is bought and wrapped. We'll get there though as we do every year.

Thank you Dee, if only they would! I think I'd be asking a bit too much there!

Bobbi, sound like you had a good day. If only I could send you some of our rain, we get it by the bucket full!

Off to bed now

Goodnight to you all

Grace xxx
Old 11-17-2013, 01:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Grace....I am soo sorry for your pain and for little O having to go through that, poor wee poppit. Huge hugs to you.

Hi everyone ...... lovely to see quite a few new people here, congrats and welcome to you all.

Just a quick fly by to check in. Lovely weekend here, time spent with my Weeman, time with friends, some time in thegarden.....being spring still planting like crazy. Beetroot today.

Life has some really tough things in it at the moment(may be about to loose my job, and have some ongoing health issues that will see me in hospital soon), but I am trying to spend time enjoying each day as it comes. In 2 weeks I have a 6 hour interview for university, this time I hope to go back and study fulltime..the next 3 years will be me with my head in books....Yay! Lets hope I get accepted.

So glad to see that you are all doing well and living life.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

stay close manz,

and all good wishes
Old 11-17-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Grace, glad a sense of normalcy has settled back in. Such a tough time for the little guy. My heart goes out to all of you. That Skype call is a great idea.

Manz, I'm sorry to hear about your worries, particularly the upcoming hospital stay. I hope it will be a short visit and a speedy recovery. It's really cool to see you focused on the the moment, while getting the garden set for the summer ahead.

I am trying to keep that sort of balance myself these days. My dad doesn't have much longer. We've known this was coming since his diagnosis a year ago, but still somehow it comes as a shock to realize he'll soon be gone. I feel I'm in a daze half the time. And perhaps not coincidentally, on Thursday I wrecked my car. I was driving to a business meeting and looking off to my left, trying to figure out which building it was at. I never even saw the cars in front of me brake. I consider myself a pretty cautious driver, and am still kicking myself over it. Such a stupid mistake. And dumb luck no one was injured or killed. It gives me shivers to think how bad it could have been.

An old friend of mine just went through a terrible tragedy. She's still reeling from the loss, and probably will be for some time. But she's already using it, learning from it, turning it into a reason to strive for more in her life. It's got me thinking if maybe all setbacks, big ones and even relatively minor ones, are opportunities to grow.

There's definitely one bright side: I haven't wanted a drink once. Instead I find myself thinking, "Well, at least I'm not drinking, otherwise things would be a whole lot worse."

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi,
Grace I do wish we could borrow some of your rain. It seems that we've been in some form of drought for years. All the best Manz in getting accepted at the University. Today I took my final 1 year chip. I go to 3 different meeting groups per week. Sunday morning group today. My sober husband and sober son presented me with my cake. I couldn't keep the tears from flowing. I really don't know what words of wisdom I have to offer. I just do the best I can do each day. Afterwards, a group of friends went to a restaurant for lunch. Lots of laughter, and real friendship. Oh, hard to describe, just one of the best times in my life. Bobbi
Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Manz - hope all that stuff turns out not as badly as you fear

D
Old 11-18-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
instant

Full moon tonight down here everyone. Hope you get a chance to enjoy it
Old 11-18-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

^^^
Old 11-18-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
instant

Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Overries.

Popped in to say Hi.

I am ok - still sober, still eating healthy, still working out and boxing) Just have a lot of stuff going on in my life - real estate issues and very tough therapy related to my past childhood wounds. Sometimes it seems so hard to hold on but I am doing my best.

My hugs to all.

See you)