Notices

Class Of November 2013 Part 3

Old 12-21-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

We are all doing so well, I love you all novies, I could not have done this without each and every one of you! Look at the difference in our posts now to the beginning of last month, we have achieved so much and come so far, leaving our old drunk ass selves behind😉
Old 12-21-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I am on the bus on my way to work. I'm listening to a conversation between two girls about how the one was so drunk last night on vodka, shots, wine and beer. The other one said you are drunk every time I see you. The hungover girl sounds quite proud of the fact that she she was smoking weed by 10am this morning.
Today I am so thankful for my second chances, my sobriety and the people who are supporting me in here.
Have a blessed sober day classmates!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Checking in with everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much--crazy holiday schedule has been keeping me busy! Glad to "see" everyone. :-)
Old 12-21-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Glad to see you, too, Claire!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Speaking of painting, congratulations to you, dreamr!
Thanks! My husband bought paint and canvases for me a few months ago, and I kept praying that God would give me the desire to paint instead of dreading it. Then, while I was listening to a sermon yesterday, I was suddenly struck with the desire to paint. I jumped at the opportunity.

Congrats on day 36!

Siesta, congrats on 40 days!

Good to see you, Claire!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Br00ksie, where have you been?
Old 12-21-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hi novie friends. Still chugging along. Day 23.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hi November friends!! I haven't checked this thread for awhile. Hope everyone is well!! Day 29 for me and feeling pretty good. Best wishes to all of you and God bless!! Here's to my first sober Christmas in quite some time!!
Old 12-21-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Best wishes to you, too, NM2D!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I am being beckoned to get dressed for a neighbourhood Christmas party in 30 minutes.
I have my 3 cans of club soda ready to go.
Nothing more fun than listening to the crowd get drunker and drunker as the night goes on.
I have no cravings and not a single AV thought of having a drink. Today is number 39 clean sober and I am not about to have a day one tomorrow.
Enjoy your evening everyone. Be safe and sober.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:29 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

What was it like sipping on your club soda and detachedly observing the drunks, Rick?
Old 12-22-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, I'm at day 7 again. Yesterday was tough there was lots of alcohol around at my mom's side of the families Christmas. Tough might not be the correct word, I guess I just felt awkward not drinking. I've had a few drinking dreams the past couple of nights which is a little odd to me. I can generally count the number of dreams that I remember on 1 hand for an entire month. That I even know I had multiple dreams over a two night period is odd.

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday and have an optimistic start to today. Take care and God bless everyone.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone who made it another day sober, especially those who have to be around others who are drinking. I'm so grateful that I haven't had to watch anyone drink.

I was in a gas station yesterday that had a wide variety of malt beverages that I used to drink, and it was kinda weird. For a second I forgot that I was sober, but I wasn't tempted because I was driving. I just had a mental image of drinking, and then remembered that I don't drink anymore. It was a nice feeling.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

7:20 AM here in BC on Sunday, the start of day 40 for me. Last night's cocktail party was fine for me. It is interesting to watch a group of people that are having a few drinks.
When you are sober, you can observe how peoples body part's change. When this one couple arrived they each had 2 ears and one mouth. As the evening progressed, I noticed that both of them now had two mouths and one ear. This change is quite common amongst the drinking variety of humans. I just never noticed until now.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

10:30am an a balmy 49 degrees here in Southern New England. Coming up on day 50 something sober. Went to a family party last night. Drank my cran-ginger ale whilst the beer and wind flowed freely. My brothers know what I'm going through and were very supportive. Funny how when I said, I don't think you guys realized how much I drank."
The response was something like Oh, we had some idea."
Old 12-22-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rickh54 View Post
When this one couple arrived they each had 2 ears and one mouth. As the evening progressed, I noticed that both of them now had two mouths and one ear.
Hahaha! This phenomenon used to happen to me as well.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Thanks Kiya and Rick. I must be slow in learning recovery as I am still scared of facing trigger situations such as parties or certain restaurants. I hope I can restart my social life at some point.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was several months til I went back out into social situations where alcohol was around Mel - I think the few months it took were well worth it - it was a great investment in my future and my recovery

I really didn't care how long it took because I knew staying sober was the right thing - the only thing - for me to do..

you can always do what I did and build up slowly...coffee dates with friends, hobbies, sports...things that are social but don't usually involve alcohol...

D
Old 12-22-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi, I think I have just joined the November recovery thread. However I am not entirely sure as this is my first night posting. I have been sober since Nov 28th '13 and am looking forward to rest of my life being present. Tonight was the first real temptation I have had since I stopped drinking. We had friends over. However I have 20 years of reinforcements and flashbacks that made the decision pretty simple. I am so grateful for this site.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're in the right place Cusper - welcome

D