Notices

Class Of November 2013 Part 3

Old 01-23-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

hi there. i stopped drinking november 11th but just found this site this week and finally registered today. wow. i would love to join the group if i can. do i need to have joined back in november or will you take a latecomer? what a supportive group this is, what a great emotional resource. congratulations to all of you on all your hard work.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group Blackfriday!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Welcome, the more the merrier!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi, Blackfridaysale! Can we call you BFS? Welcome!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Hey, BFS!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi friends,
Stressful morning here. Plans were to fly Stepdaughter out here for the weekend and her birthday. Received several texts last night from her mom that she wants her to just stay here with us. Permanently. In our one bedroom one bath apartment that already has 3 people because my college age son is staying here to attend school. There goes our little piece of quiet. Apparently my stepdaughter is using drugs again and I can't even tell you what else she is doing that is horribly inappropriate and wrong. On top of that, she's been suicidal and she has self inflicted cuts all down her arms from the last time her mom cut her off from the internet. I'm not sure how to handle this one. Hubby is totally stressed about it too and even joked about taking up drinking again, which I quickly told him wasn't funny. She arrives late tonight. Blue hair and all. This is going to be a tough one. Hubby's son came to live with us a few years back under similar circumstances and it caused big problems in the marriage and I drank and drank and drank to get away. Now I'm stuck in it again but have to stay sober. I think my bike and I are going to be spending even more time together.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Oh, Siesta, I'm sorry!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer,
I guess I just needed to vent about it. Now to take a deep breath, stop complaining, get back to reality, and make this work for everybody!

Hope you are all well and ready for the weekend. Strange weather over here and huge waves so I might go check out the surf (from the shore). Bike ride later too plus getting the apartment ready for another kid :-/
Old 01-24-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Stay strong siesta!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

If anybody can be gracious, you can. Look what a blessing the camping reunion in
Arizona turned out to be. She bonded with you! Maybe you can get her into a healthy activity like biking--or maybe something else, if biking is your safe haven--didn't she really respond well to the rigors of a physically demanding life?
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Siesta - it probably will be rough, but from your posts I think if anyone can handle it and be the parent this girl needs, it's you :

D
Old 01-25-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

I took a figurative kick to the stomach yesterday and even shed a few tears over it, but the thought of a drink did not enter my mind. I just thought of it now, the next day, when I realized that drinking never entered my mind!

Surely that's progress!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Step 5 (again)

Hey all,
Last weekend I attempted to do Step 5 (on the phone, because we live far apart) with a woman I trust and has been in the program (sober, relapse, sober 6 more years) for a long time.

Because my sponsor (ok, let's be honest, my former sponsor) has not responded to me in weeks, I have been doing this all on my own. Broken, living in Step 4 over a month, I've struggled with who to confide in, who to trust with this step.

We spent an hour on the phone, me with my lovely Step 4 checklist of resentments blah blah blah, and it became clear that she wanted me to go deeper. I'm a very deep person, and she said she really wanted me to go much deeper, really get IN there, really think/write about these people on my list.
So I did.

I'm trying to make this short. Much more I could do to explain where I'm at, but suffice it to say that today we are talking again. And in my writing this week, I've nailed my major character flaw: FEAR. The reason I know it's the big one is because when thinking about asking God to remove it, I hesitate. WHY???? Because it's all I've ever known.

Anyway, friends, would love your prayers. The BB talks about a certain sense of relief and freedom after doing this step. I didn't feel that last week. Felt like, once again, I had failed.
But I'm doing it again. Today.

And yes, I know I'm only 2 1/2 months sober, but I'm ready to do this. Very ready.
Thanks for reading
Joy
Old 01-25-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Will do, Joy.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Hey All - Stopped 59 days ago on Nov 27th. Have gone thru the difficult times and anxiety but must say at this point feeling awesome. Liver pain is gone, body feeling good. Follow up doctor appointment set for this week, my 2nd since I've stopped. Happy to be sober and aware. Hope all are doing well.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Bill!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

next part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D