Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 6

Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Ladybug.. I know drinking is somewhat of a distant memory for you now, but its not for me and I can tell you there is not one single thing about it that is worth it. You will get through this health concern and you can be proud that you did it sober. Thinking of you tonight and sending you hugs:-)
Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Big test tomorrow. 5 years since I lost my mum. Should be fine not drinking with 100+ days under my belt and busy day at work!
Best to you during this time, Pete:-)
Old 10-11-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

EternalQ & Petercrab :-)

Both your Mums would be so proud of you .
;-)

Ladybug , how are you today hon xxx
Old 10-12-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 74 ending. I will wake up to 75 days sober tomorrow!! I went on 2 dates todayb (dont ask) and was slightly tempted buy figured and wait at least n give myself a chance to think. Im so glad I did not do it!!!!! Dating sober is new but so much more rewarding and empowering. Im acting as the responsible parent I am! Day by day people!

Welcome penguin.

Good night all
Old 10-12-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Good morning class,

Made it to Day 72, thanks to SR and all of you! Woke up this morning grateful that I didn't drink. Thanks for all your kind words and support

EQ and PC - SQ is right, your Moms would be so proud of you. Thinking of you both.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Glad you got through today Ladybug.xx

As an aside, I'm astounded how much I can fit into my weekends now. Woke up a little tired this morning, and thought I wouldn't do much today. Then I started cleaning....walked to the shops bought some hardware stuff, then art store, then grabbed flowers and coffee on the way home.

Polished, did some washing then went to the garden centre....got my car washed in the afternoon. Even writing it is exhausting, but I would never got that done in a month of weekends drinking!

Funny, how in the beginning you do anything to cram your days full of something, anything...to keep you from drinking. Whereas now, it's a full life because we are here, present...not fuzzy from the night before....scheming our next drink.

When I drank, most Saturdays, I'd do the bare minimum of chores and was usually home drinking by 11am. That's if I wasn't too hungover to drive.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

78 days today.
Took the dog for a walk and went and did a little shopping.
It a cloudy cool day, at least it's not raining.
Looks like it's just going to be a laze around day.

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Day went well. Set off Chinese lanterns!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Good to hear, Pete.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Lovely, Pete.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Day 73 so I made it through another day of struggling. My daughter has been getting me up really early lately so I am so grateful in the mornings for not having caved. A miserable hangover is not what I need right now, or ever, but especially now.

Hope everyone is doing well . Have a great Sunday! Will check back in later.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Day 79 today.

Ladybug, that is one blessing of not drinking, no terrible hangovers and wasted weekends. I have some things to do today before my favorite football team plays.
Hope everybody has a nice Sunday.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Ladybug, Thats exactly what got me through some tough cravings yesterday too-thinking about the morning and how I want to feel and all the things I have to do today and how terrible it would be to have to do them even.with a slight hangover. I even yelled at myself in the car when I wanted to stop at the store reminding myself of how.it would wind up if I drank. I must have looked like a lunatic!
Someone here on this thread posted a couple of months ago something that has really.stuck with me: Its like trading one time of day for another. Im trading in the evening drinks and buzz for a restful nights sleep and a clear,positive, peaceful feeling morning. And those mornings are way better than any buzz!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Someone here on this thread posted a couple of months ago something that has really.stuck with me: Its like trading one time of day for another. Im trading in the evening drinks and buzz for a restful nights sleep and a clear,positive, peaceful feeling morning. And those mornings are way better than any buzz!
I'd forgotten that....I think I wrote the trading of one time of day for the other. That feels so early on in my sobriety now!

Well, it's early Monday morning here and instead of relaxed I can feel the tension from work already. Last week was horrific work-wise and some pretty unprofessional reactions from senior managers. There's going to be fallout this week, which will be intense. I'm not happy there, but I'm delaying the change as moving house was enough for me for a while.

Nonetheless, my neck is aching from tension. But, I feel ok, no desire to drink at all, which is great. Had a funny moment on the weekend where I saw ashtrays at a store and wished I could go home and have a cigarette. Just out of the blue. (I haven't smoked for over a year!). So Addictive Voice can float in any time!

Sounds like everyone had an ok weekend. With all the drama it still feels good to fit in a full day, no hangover!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

day 96 for me I have a cold had to miss one day of work. The silver lining is this reminds me of what having a hangover was about the same thing but a hangover goes away but the end of the day. Hopefully this cold passes soon.
Sounds like everyone is doing good. I hope everyone is and having a great weekend and god bless
Old 10-14-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Day 74 here and no school for little one today (Columbus Day here in States). Need to do some food shopping and then maybe the park later? Also need to make a good dinner tonight as I haven't much been in the mood to cook. Think hubby is getting tired of soup and grilled cheese I know I am.

Need to get through another day sober. Can't wait until Wednesday is over and I have some answers after this MRI. The waiting and wondering is the worst part.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great Monday
Old 10-14-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hi All -

On day 87...been so busy packing for the move. I'm achey all over after packing for the entire day yesterday. I have soooo much stuff. Seriously considering a garage sale after we get settled in. Moving truck arrives tomorrow morning and I haven't even started on my bedroom and clothes. Which wouldn't be too bad except I have to work today. Eeeek! Should've taken today off but there's so much going on at work.

No desire to drink at all. I know there's no way that I could possibly get everything done for the move if I was drinking so it's not even crossing my mind! So I guess that's the silver lining in the stress (and aches) from moving.

Hope everyone has a good, sober day!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Happy Monday,

It's day 80 for me.
NCG,I know what you mean about how it would be impossible to get things done if we were still drinking. I used to think I was always on top of things,even when drinking.
get something fixed or done and celebrate with booze.

Now, I get so much more done these days while being sober. And celebrate by relaxing and enjoying the fact I'm keeping up or even getting ahead on what needs to be done.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers. , hope everyone is going well .
Thinking of you ladybug and congrats on your 80 days Bob xx
Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I like the trading idea. Love waking up hangover free. Such a great feeling! 104 days complete. Night all