Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 21

Old 10-08-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

YAY BRYAN!!! What a lovely update.

GO TEAM WHATEVER! Since I don't follow sports, I'll just cheer for whomever you are cheering for!

Beautiful day here. Getting some work done.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Beautiful here, too! Supposed to be all week. Had a very loving anniversary, lots of cards. haha. It was good, I was happy with all the reassuring words, I need them. Continuing to heal in all areas. Been checking in on Newcomers a lot more lately. Not sure why, but I think it's helping strengthen my sobriety. So all in all, I'm doing well. I could do without the gov't shutdown and ugliness. blech. Hope you're all having a great week!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I have always heard (Mirage)..that working with 'newcomers' or other alcoholics helps take one's mind off self....I've found that to be so true....I was cruising the newcomers, 1 year & under forums awhile back...it sure helped. Hello to all...Fall has arrived. Big truck came this a.m. to pick up clothing donation (Big Brothers/Sisters)--still have some more things to donate, but did not want to make Mom disappear all at once someone advised me. Been getting a work out in almost daily & feel great. It is a lot cooler now--45 this a.m. high in the 60's--a week ago it was in the 80's--summers gone. Stay well, God Bless.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well, it's probably not a surprise (by my absence) which plan I went with on Friday. And Saturday. I felt physically and emotionally sick all day Sunday. I have been working around the clock, including Fri/Sat/Sun, and am starting to get a little caught up from being off so long. But, its taken a toll.

My new agency is in place, and I have 5 folks writing policies through me. More folks coming. And I'm getting caught up on current client work today. I got good news today re: my masters program, as my next course won't be until January. I finish my current one tomorrow night, except for the final exam, which I still have to schedule.

I went back on my ADs a couple days ago, and I think its a good thing. I took an online assessment of my depression, and scored pretty low. And, I've been a bear to be around.

Was gonna skip my Men's group bible study on Monday night, and then couldn't get logged on to a site I needed to get info from for a client meeting Tuesday. So, I went and got there 10 mins late. It's now apparent that I was supposed to be there. It really helped.

Got some very alarming news Friday, which may have helped prod my drinking plans a little. One of my best college friends' wife died suddenly in her sleep on Thurs night. I also knew her very well, as they were both my friends when they got together and then had a child. She just didn't wake up. She had had a massive MI while asleep. I'm still grieving. What a loss. She was only 52, and left behind 3 kids, high school/college age, and my friend.

Peace to all!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
orangutan

Lofty I am so sorry for your loss.

Day 5 for me, my last drink was celebrating my anniversary.Dont know how long I will last but I am trying.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Aw, I'm sorry for your loss, Lofty. That is really sad, and I hope things start feeling better for you soon.

Wow aussie..5 days! You've made it past that time that usually trips you up..that's great! Keep it up, girl..you're not missing anything. Takes a bit to get used to this sober living thing, but when you do, it feels SO good. One foot in front of the other. Don't look too far ahead, today is enough. Don't drink today. We're rooting for you!!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going aussie

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Lofty.

glad to hear from you guys Bryan mirage and Frances
D
Old 10-09-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

A pleasure to see you as always, Dee. Hope all is well in your world.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Checking in with hugs from the road, home soon. Love Maine, love being there.

Lofty, my sympathies. I'm so sorry. Sending strength to you to feel better. Depression sucks so bad. You know I find my medicine to be a gift from god. It frees me from misery. Glad business is growing!! I'm so glad you posted.

Aussie, keep going, keep it easy just like Mirage says. If you think you might slip, get yourself safe. I went to bed early lots of nights, still do.

Dee, hi there friend!

Mirage, hi lady!!!

Bryan, keep on keeping on. Your light is bright. Cheers for helping newcomers with a helping hand.

Xoxoxo
Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary mirage!!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sorry for the loss of your friend Lofty...stay strong.
Aussie--keep racking up the days, then they turn into weeks, then months..just as your doing it, one day at a time.
Mah-raj`--(Mirage) Happy Anniversary----!!
Frances---have a lobster for me--my folks used to go to Maine to start their Christmas shopping every year...LL Bean is up there right?
Dee-Hope all is well in the land down under--a place I want to get to on my bucket list....stay well....cold, wet & rainy here this a.m. My Dad's recovery is going very well...about time for this family to get a break..!! He made his own bed twice this week!!
Tried to walk with a cane rather than walker--did okay, but doc said too early to use regularly..it progress though..I don't miss work at ALLL! As a matter of fact, when I get down, I just think about work & it lifts my spirits just not being in that toxic environment.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Don't know if you guys saw, but Dee is taking a little break from SR. Not feeling 100%.

Good news about your dad, bryan! Yeah, I'm glad you're not working there, too. You did NOT sound happy.

Young one turning 12 today! We got him an electric scooter. When I was researching them, I found they had weight limits, so I made sure to get him one that I could ride! hahaha. I was out on the cul de sac cruising around in the dark last night after D put it together. Fun! He'll have to fight me for it. Hope all are well. Big smoochers from moi.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
orangutan

day 7
Old 10-11-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Old 10-13-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

How about Penn State? Sorry, I am a Penn State grad...as sad a state the University is from the Sandusky scandal, it is not the current players or coaches fault. The fact that they are unranked, have recruiting limitations & sanctions, to beat an unbeaten, ranked Michigan in 4 overtimes was amazing....just got to say...Mirage, sorry for your Wolverines....Way to GO! Aussie...Lofty, hope you had solid plan for weekend...Frances, keep on 'truckin'....Dee, get well soon...you are our 'glue'!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yeah, don't expect me to be all happy for your Nittany Lions (whatever the hell THOSE are). Good game, tho. Too bad I didn't know you were alumni, we coulda put a little side bet on it.

Speaking of alumni, I was at my college (WMU) this weekend for homecoming and visiting a friend who lives there. Nothing beats western Michigan in the fall, PBC would attest to that. So the boys and I went, D is duck hunting in the U.P. We got pumpkins, drove around campus, then went to the bookstore for a sweatshirt. So I found this really cute sweatshirt, but it was pretty pricey, right? So I went up to buy it and the girl asks if I'm alumni. I say yes, she asks for my name, and then says I get 22% off!! BONUS! Turns out your percentage off depended on how long ago you graduated. I hadn't done the math, but apparently I graduated 22 years ago! Imagine if I'd finished in four years, I'd a gotten 24% percent off! I'm going back every year!! Then, we drove by my all girls dorm (cuz I'm such a good girl), showed the boys a bunch of stuff, went to the bar/restaurant we used to frequent, and to our hotel where they swam and then watched the Tigers beat Boston. Really nice time.

Unfortunately, I had to pass some landmarks on the way there and back, that triggered me big time, in regards to D. He had some liaisons in a hotel that I had to pass. (First time I've driven past it, since I found out.) I think my legs went numb as I drove by. Big time anxiety, adrenaline, instant stomach ache. It was very hard. Put me in a crappy mood, so I was really fighting that. I can't let it show. I'm still struggling today. Even though I had a good time, that really was hard on me and made me feel mad and sad. Some days I feel so good and other days I just don't know how I'm supposed to live with this. It feels very unfair that my life had to change like this. There are times when I just want to run. Pack a bag and totally flee to somewhere else and start over. Anyway, that's my update. Good and bad. Such is life, I suppose.

Hope you're all well. Lions playing Cleveland right now, and Tiger game again tonight. Nice.
Love you.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Aww mirage, I'm so sorry.

Ran 20 miles today, holy cow it was hard. But doing good.

Go Aussie! Go go go!!!!

Xoxoxo to all marchers
Old 10-13-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks, frances. You'd better hope I don't pack a bag and run cuz I hear Jersey is beautiful this time of year. lol

Congrats on your run!! Yay you!!! 20 miles, good grief girl. Stop the madness!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

20 miles--holy Nikes Batman!! I do 3.5 to 4 miles---but that's on a elliptical cross trainer..my knees can't take the hard pavement anymore...I hear ya Mirage...I hate it when certain things trigger our emotions to the negative side..I had that kind of day all day today...I blew off working out...I did get to a 6a.m. meeting but that's where I got into a funk--the topic brought up too much guilt & bad feelings...I had to keep busy, so I got paint & a brush & scraped all the trim around my dad's doors & garage doors...then put 2 coats on..it damn near took me most of the day, then I was beat & had to deal with some little crap...no big deal, I just didn't feel like dealing due to my mood. I understand how you feel...all we can do is ask & try for a better day tomorrow and try to remember what triggered it & how to avoid it next time. It is a balancing act...is especially for us 'alcoholics'...a constant juggle.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
orangutan

DAY 11 Still plodding along, my moods are all over the place but I am o.k.
Hope your all having a great day.