Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 21

Old 10-15-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good job, sweetie. Keep up the good work, proud of you.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

AUSSIE IS AWESOME!!!!!! I am sending you Day By Day vibes Aussie. Just keep Not Drinking. That is key. Play the tape all the way to the end, like Dee taught us. Keep giving yourself the gift of going to be sober and waking up sober. SO MUCH is possible when we are one week, two weeks, three weeks, a MONTH sober. It all adds up and gives you a firm foundation to stand on. GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Be like Bryan....he's showing us how to Keep Busy and Keep Keeping On. Scraping and Painting is tedious but honest solid work. You kept your hands busy Bryan and gave your brain a chance to rest. Well done. Tomorrow is a fresh clean start, and you will greet it sober. Go get your workout DONE tomorrow Bryan.

Yes, 20 miles is ridiculous. But I did it and I could do it again. I am learning that ridiculous things are possible for me. I just need to take steps towards my goals every day.

MIRAGE COME VISIT. XOXO

Lofty, how are you? Check in!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Fantastic, Aussie! Day 2 for me, in the bag.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Ooh, that was good, frances. Yes..day to day is so important in the early days. Once you get the foundation, it gets easier, and it's harder to break that streak you have going, cuz you don't want to start all over. I like the way you word things, frances!

Good job, Lofty. Don't stop quitting..string some time together. Tell yourself a week if that helps you. Then after a week, make another goal. Don't think about forever. You can do this...you've DONE this. You want this, you OWN this. lol...ok, now I sound like Vince Lombardi. I oughta talk to the Tigers dugout.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

The concept of One Day at a Time is often confusing at first. But once attempt sober living, breaking into down to just staying sober for TODAY is a lot simpler than thinking staying sober the rest of my life. Like your doing Aussie & Lofty, stringing those days together. Hopefully you start to feel & see the difference that things are getting better, physically, emotionally & sometimes spiritually. You can do this, keep up the great work!!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
orangutan

Talking

day 12
Old 10-17-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

WHOO HOOOOOO AUSSIE!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!!!!

All's well here. We got a pressure cooker. Do you know what that is Aussie? It's a pot with a tight lid where you can cook things a lot faster because it's under pressure. Wonder if it has a different name for you. Husband is cooking chicken in it but it's fabulous for beans and grains and steel-cut oats too.

How's the gang?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

great job Aussie---keep the string going!!
Hello Frances....Mirage...Lofty....Dee....
Old 10-18-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Struggling this week..really sad and can't seem to shake it. I cry every day, my patience is thin, I'm not myself. I don't know what to do, I've tried so hard not to go on any meds through all this, but sometimes I just don't think I'm making it. It's like a dark cloud over my head, no matter what I do. It's frustrating, horrible feeling. Better earlier in the day when I'm more rested. I'm sure that's normal. But man, I'm on the verge of tears so much. YUCK!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
orangutan

Mirage I am so sorry to hear you struggling like this. Maybe a visit to the doctor may help , I don't know how old you are and I know you are dealing with a lot but it may also be hormonal hugs sent, thinking of you.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm 46, aus. Yeah, that's not totally out of the question I guess, though I don't have signs of that happening yet. Could be "pre" stuff. Thanks, I"ll see how the weekend goes.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I might be feeling a bit better. D said that I always feel better after I talk to him about things, so I told him a few things that made him feel completely deflated, but it made ME feel better. lol Now I'm not sure if talking helps because I get it off my chest, or if it helps me when I see him feeling so bad. Maybe both. I didn't know I had anything in particular to say, really. I'll keep an eye on this. It's possible I stuff feelings away without even realizing it. This wouldn't surprise me, I tend to minimize my feelings and ignore them anyway, to keep piece or to "be nice". (Learned that about myself in therapy.) I just didn't know I did it on a subconscious level. I'm not saying it cured all, but I do feel that some of that deep sadness lifted a bit.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
orangutan

Glad you felt better after the talk Mirage, get it all out there and don't bottle it up where it will only fester.

DAY 15
Old 10-19-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post
We got a pressure cooker. Do you know what that is Aussie?

LOL I know I told you I live in a remote place but we do have pressure cookers here too and that's what we call them also.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Glad you feel better Mirage....we all go through cycles at times...some up & some down...harder to handle the down cycles & get out of the funk...Proud of you Aussie--keep on going strong. Hope Dee feels better---miss him...& hope that Lofty is hanging in there. Getting ready fro Eagles game...got my morning work out in, got my Dad to do his P/T exercises...now I got to calm down & relax...too much coffee & water this morning. I usually drink 60+ oz. of H2O when I work out---you know what happens then...heading back to my house for a few days to tune up heater, cut grass for final time, pick up mail see some friends....did more painting & scraping yesterday after my 6a.m meeting & work out...full day & slept well after watching Sox win..(sorry again Mirage). I do have the Lions in my pool this week, hope they beat the Bengals. Go Eagles!!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Oh, hello Frances--thanks for all your kind words of encouragement...you are great!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

We were at that game, Bryan. We lost. Boooo! And yes, the Tigers are out.

You, however, sound great!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Sorry about your Lions, mirage. Our Bengals were tigers, weren't they? LOL.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Yep, not a great weekend for Detroit sports. We actually didn't play that badly. Stupid penalties, a couple bad plays. Other than that, we woulda had ya. It was close.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi all--Hope you're well! Hope you are feeling better, Mirage. Our feelings are funny things, ya know? We need to learn how to express them and take care of them. It's hard for those of us who stuffed and repressed and held back. So YAY MIRAGE for talking it out a little and glad you are feeling a bit better.

LOL Aussie! You all talk funny sometimes, with hobs and tins and lorries so I never know when a word is going to be the same! GO AUSSIE!!!!

13 days until the NYC marathon! I'm as ready as I'm going to be. I've done all my training runs. Now it's time to rest up, cut back my mileage, and be ready for the big day.

Started a new freelance job that could be REALLY cool! Not a ton of money, but high exposure.