Notices

24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet Part 18, Please join us!

Old 10-01-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

24 Hour Club Sign up Sheet Part 18, All Are Welcome!

Hi Everyone! We Got thru Monday! New here? Won't you please join us in a simple commitment
to stay clean and sober for the next 24 hours? Just post your time and commit!

Please post on this thread one time daily. Thanks Everyone!

Welcome to our Newest Members -Kizzer49 - BubblyGirl

Congratulations!

1stepup 1 week!
Gfs 1 week!
Boozefree 1 week!
Sleepless3 2 weeks!
lommey 1 month!
lorelei 1 month!
serenityforever 2 months!
britgirl 4 months!
Coldfusion 11 months!

If I missed a special goal you have reached please do not hesitate to pm me. Anniversaries listed
are based on consecutive days clean and sober. Your Honesty is appreciated and highly respected.

This 24 started at 10 pm EST 9/30 USA. Roster will be posted at 10 pm EST Oct 1st USA,
about 14 hours from now. Google USA Eastern Standard Time to see how your local time
translates!

Why I will not pick up today

I have to always remember where I came from and what is waiting for me if I decide to pick up a drink or drug again.

When I was still out there using I was selfish to the core. It was all about me and what I wanted.

I lived a very crazy life , I was a bar drunk ,3 DUI's, jail 7 times, 4 treatment centers, 5 psych wards, 5 detoxes, a hospital
and a nursing home for 2 mo and most all of that was in the last 11 yrs. Lost my home, my truck, my boat but most
importantly myself.

I was a poor excuse of a mother and wife. I left my family for another man for awhile.

The tail end of my addiction went like this 2 1/2 yrs ago a seizure due to withdrawals landed me in a psych ward for 32
days.

Came home and fell into a deep chronic depression, stopped eating for 2 months lost 80 lbs, lost all use of my arms, legs
and speech transferred to a hospital for 2 weeks and then a nursing home for 2 mo. on a feeding tube and in a diaper.

They thought I would be institutionalized for the rest of my life . I was pretty much catatonic.

When I did finally get enough use of my arms and legs after months of physical therapy I was released still completely
depressed, started drinking and drugging again and I tried to take my life. I didn't succeed.

Found out my husband became an addict while all this was going on. He was stealing from my family, his job, he was
down to 130 pds and at deaths door as well.

It was was the darkest yr of my life up till Feb of 2012 of last year .. The darkest despair you can even imagine.

AA has a saying that if we keep on the ends are always the same Jails, Institutions and Death. I was there.

I had run out of options. I was at the bottom. The very bottom. Live or die. Suicide attempt failed. So I chose to live. I
went into my final detox. Started going to NA. I was still miserably depressed, sleeping 20 hours a day. But
I just kept goin back everyday, sometimes 3 x a day.

I decided I would go back to church and pray, my way wasn't working. Two nice women prayed with me that the depression
would be lifted, 3 days later it was gone. I was laughing had my energy back completely exhilarated running around the
yard. That was 1 yr 6 months ago and I have not had a single day of depression since.

Today I have an unwavering faith like never before

Seeing where I was and where I am now has made me so grateful every single day.

I don't have bad days anymore , practically never. If I start feeling sorry for myself I just remember there was a time
when I couldn't even scratch my nose or pull the blankets up over me , brush my teeth or or even hold a spoon.

There was a time when I was sleeping in a cold cell with 2 other women. In a psych ward barking like a dog and talking to
people on televisions that were not even there.

Do I know why this all happened, yes I think I do. It was consequences of my abusing drugs and alcohol.

But it was also to make me realize that there was a God and it wasn't me and I needed him bad!

There was always this hole inside me that I tried to fill with booze, drugs, sex, food, stuff and it always kept emptying faster
than I could even fill it.

That hole was reserved for him and by him. He is the true source of the joy in my life today and I will never be the same.

*Song For The day -Shiny Happy People - REM

If ever unable to locate 24 Hour Club in the future, click on SEARCH near top of page
and type in Newcomer Daily Support Threads and click GO. This is Part 18.

God Bless!

Thank You for being here for me Everyone!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

thank dee so much for you sharing, you are a strong person today and you are helping so many, I grateful today for being here and read your story.

erfra7 here for another 24.

Last edited by erfra7; 10-01-2013 at 05:44 AM. Reason: wasn't finish.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Good morning all, 24 more please...
Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Here for 24 more
Old 10-01-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

I week sober!
24 more please
Old 10-01-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

24 more hours of sobriety please!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

24 more please
Old 10-01-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for being here. Deeker, you are amazing, thx so much. Signing in for 24 more in CA. 7:30 am
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

9:46 am EST. Productive, busy day planned. Seems to keep me on the straight & narrow.
Good day to all!
I'm going to do another 24.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

5:14am ready for another 24 hours please
Old 10-01-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hi all - 12:12pm in PA. Day 61 and ready for another 24, please!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Here in CA @ 9:18 a.m. 24 more please!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

10:30am in Colorado. 24 hours more, please.

this morning marks 10 days sober. Minor milestone.

I can't say things are getting better, but at least nothing is getting worse.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Sorry I have been missing...going through a lot. My new sobriety date is 9/18...will make sure I sign in every day.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

welcome serenity---glad to see you back
Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

24 more please - 2 weeks today
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

11:40 am in LA. Signing up for day 3 sober Thx!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet Part 18, All Are Welcome!

Hi Everyone! We Got thru Monday! New here? Won't you please join us in a simple commitment
to stay clean and sober for the next 24 hours? Just post your time and commit!

Please post on this thread one time daily. Thanks Everyone!

Welcome to our Newest Members -Kizzer49 - BubblyGirl

Congratulations!

1stepup 1 week!
Gfs 1 week!
Boozefree 1 week!
Sleepless3 2 weeks!
SkyeSea 2 weeks!
lommey 1 month!
lorelei 1 month!
serenityforever 2 months!
britgirl 4 months!
Coldfusion 11 months!

If I missed a special goal you have reached please do not hesitate to pm me. Anniversaries listed
are based on consecutive days clean and sober. Your Honesty is appreciated and highly respected.

This 24 started at 10 pm EST 9/30 USA. Roster will be posted at 10 pm EST Oct 1st USA,
about 14 hours from now. Google USA Eastern Standard Time to see how your local time
translates!

Why I will not pick up today

I have to always remember where I came from and what is waiting for me if I decide to pick up a drink or drug again.

When I was still out there using I was selfish to the core. It was all about me and what I wanted.

I lived a very crazy life , I was a bar drunk ,3 DUI's, jail 7 times, 4 treatment centers, 5 psych wards, 5 detoxes, a hospital
and a nursing home for 2 mo and most all of that was in the last 11 yrs. Lost my home, my truck, my boat but most
importantly myself.

I was a poor excuse of a mother and wife. I left my family for another man for awhile.

The tail end of my addiction went like this 2 1/2 yrs ago a seizure due to withdrawals landed me in a psych ward for 32
days.

Came home and fell into a deep chronic depression, stopped eating for 2 months lost 80 lbs, lost all use of my arms, legs
and speech transferred to a hospital for 2 weeks and then a nursing home for 2 mo. on a feeding tube and in a diaper.

They thought I would be institutionalized for the rest of my life . I was pretty much catatonic.

When I did finally get enough use of my arms and legs after months of physical therapy I was released still completely
depressed, started drinking and drugging again and I tried to take my life. I didn't succeed.

Found out my husband became an addict while all this was going on. He was stealing from my family, his job, he was
down to 130 pds and at deaths door as well.

It was was the darkest yr of my life up till Feb of 2012 of last year .. The darkest despair you can even imagine.

AA has a saying that if we keep on the ends are always the same Jails, Institutions and Death. I was there.

I had run out of options. I was at the bottom. The very bottom. Live or die. Suicide attempt failed. So I chose to live. I
went into my final detox. Started going to NA. I was still miserably depressed, sleeping 20 hours a day. But
I just kept goin back everyday, sometimes 3 x a day.

I decided I would go back to church and pray, my way wasn't working. Two nice women prayed with me that the depression
would be lifted, 3 days later it was gone. I was laughing had my energy back completely exhilarated running around the
yard. That was 1 yr 6 months ago and I have not had a single day of depression since.

Today I have an unwavering faith like never before

Seeing where I was and where I am now has made me so grateful every single day.

I don't have bad days anymore , practically never. If I start feeling sorry for myself I just remember there was a time
when I couldn't even scratch my nose or pull the blankets up over me , brush my teeth or or even hold a spoon.

There was a time when I was sleeping in a cold cell with 2 other women. In a psych ward barking like a dog and talking to
people on televisions that were not even there.

Do I know why this all happened, yes I think I do. It was consequences of my abusing drugs and alcohol.

But it was also to make me realize that there was a God and it wasn't me and I needed him bad!

There was always this hole inside me that I tried to fill with booze, drugs, sex, food, stuff and it always kept emptying faster
than I could even fill it.

That hole was reserved for him and by him. He is the true source of the joy in my life today and I will never be the same.

*Song For The day -Shiny Happy People - REM

If ever unable to locate 24 Hour Club in the future, click on SEARCH near top of page
and type in Newcomer Daily Support Threads and click GO. This is Part 18.

God Bless!

Thank You for being here for me Everyone!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

24 more 10.15 pm Scotland X
Old 10-01-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Toots late on parade but here at last and sober!
Peacehappiness, where abouts in Scotland
Toots from fife over and out 222:24