# 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the day Inst

keep plugging away at the Uke Manz

D
Old 08-31-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi Overs

Just a quick check in before bed, it's 11.30 p.m here.

So true Bloss and don't we cope with whatever comes our way so much better now we're sober?

Hi Cale, I never seem to slow down either, there just aren't enough hours in a day!
Glad you enjoyed your meeting.

Hi Instant, Fridays are good days, these days! Followed by a good sober Saturday.

Glad you played the tape to the end FBL, that's what we all must do!

I agree with that Lyddie, they just come out of the blue sometimes.

Enjoy your weekend Mirage, enjoy the break.

I.P have a safe trip home and thanks for your post, it rang a few bells with me!

Thanks Manz, I had a really good day with the g.children and I took them to visit my dad for half an hour, which they all enjoyed,

Hi Rusty and Dee.

Off to bed now

Sleep well

Gxx
Old 08-31-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sleep well Grace

D
Old 08-31-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

canardly wait to hear the tune inst
Old 09-01-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Overs

I hope you're all enjoying a happy, sober Sunday. It's a very grey, windy day here today but at least the wind is getting the washing dry.

I slept well Dee thanks and I hope you do too.

Canardly is a new word on me Rusty, is it Italian? Lol.

See you all later

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will do something positive to improve my health. If I'm a smoker, I'll quit. If I am overweight, I will eat healthfully - if only just for today. And not only that, I will get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if it's only around the block.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
instant

Canardly play and sing RZ so might be a while (LOL)
Old 09-02-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs

Doesn't seem like two minutes since I was last here.

That's too funny Instant.

Gx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions
Old 09-02-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

no worries inst

today i have patience! lol

morn'n gracy
Old 09-02-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
instant

Unseasonably warm today. Have a good day everyone- spring is here - downunder
Old 09-02-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Manz View Post
Weeman and I also learnt our first 2 chords on the ukelele tonight (thanks to youtube & ukelele for dummies) and seems like we may have to try more. I also need to cut my nails...
Wow you are in for it now... talk about an addiction, lol! But I tell ya, it's good for the soul, Manz. Keep at it.

I'm guessing the two chords are C and F? If you can do F, you're already doing an A minor and don't even know it. (Look it up and you'll see what I mean.) Add G to the mix, and you're ready to roll into dozens of songs!

What's the worst that could happen? ...Oh, wait, I actually learned the answer to that question on Tuesday night, when I got up to play a song at my uke club's open mic night, and instead performed a train wreck. I forgot chords and I forgot words. Not sure I had the beat right, either, lol... I stopped, re-started, stopped, tried to jump back in, another miss... Finally after a minute or maybe an eternity I called it quits. Except that I couldn't let it sit—what the hell? It's a song by my favorite band that I know by heart, and a pretty simple one at that—so I got up there and tried again. Crash, pop, boing... another slow-motion disaster. Slightly better perhaps, but only in a Hindenburg vs. Titanic kind of way...

But you know what? I loved it anyway. Trying new things, pushing myself out of my comfort zone—in a word, growing—is a gift I'm giving to myself after spending so much time locked in suspended animation.

So next month, I'm going to double-down on a much harder song by the same band! Wouldn't be much of an adventure without a disaster or two...
Old 09-03-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Just popping by for bit, hope all you over's have a nice Tuesday. Slept in yesterday and up early today, back to the work week. Take care everyone
Bloss
Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi Overs

I'm very tired tonight due to not sleeping well last night, I've been running on about two hours, and a long day in work too.

Catch up more tomorrow.

Gxx
Old 09-03-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

sleep well gracy
Old 09-03-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

RZ..good result for sure! And fyi Weeman is listening to that clip now as I type and thinks its "amazing"! I cant even strum without it sounding like a cat being dragged backwards through a gorse bush screaming....yikes!

R&A....you are a brave man for sure, all power to you. Is it normal for your fingers to hurt when playing....this is not for the faint hearted! lol

Grace...hope you get a good sleep hun.

Bloss you take good care too hun.

Dee...not sure the pluggin away is a good idea, my neighbours ears ya know lol

I am tired and more tired myself, sleep eludes me or else comes and goes in between weird and crazy dreams. My brain is working over time just when I do not want it too.

I went to see a film last night with friends, Red 2, I really enjoyed all the laughs and ridiculousness(I'm sure that is a word ok).....and as always Anthony Hopkins & Helen Mirren were great.

Enjoy your week overs.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I live in units where I can hear my neighbour change his mind - so I hope you have more privacy than me Manz
Old 09-04-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

HA! Oh my gosh Dee you are a classic. And, LOVE the Frank Zappa quote!

Well I'm back home and it's pretty nice! Had a lovely labour day long weekend, and now it's back to work, which means finding work!

I'm seeing things with fresh eyes, and realizing what a lovely city I live in. I have been relaxed and not as stressed lately-not sure why but I'm not asking!

I hope you guys get some sleep soon. I've been getting up so early lately! I get REALLY tired at night so I go to bed pretty early, and then I'm up with the birds. I stopped taking my anti-anxiety meds, which is great and I'm so happy about, but it means that I don't sleep as well. But I'll take it.

Have you tried earplugs? They really work for me. I find that noise really disturbs my sleep and having it blocked is such a help. I wish I had discovered them years ago!

R&A- you're killing me- WHAT IS THE SONG?? You're amazing, that you can get up and give it your all even if you're screwing it up. Wish I had that confidence!

Manz-way to go, trying something new.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
LOL I live in units where I can hear my neighbour change his mind - so I hope you have more privacy than me Manz
Thanks for the laugh Dee! Is this a Frank Zappa line?
Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi Overs

I got home from work tonight to find the other half stuck in the bath,his back had gone into spasm and he couldn't get out, lol. Well, he's a great big lump and I'm little so it took some jiggery-pokery to get him out! He's sleeping on the floor downstairs tonight to keep his back straight, what bliss for me, no snoring! Seriously though, this happens to him now and again and he has to rest for a few days, well actually he can hardly move so he has no choice. We'll see what the morning brings.

I did sleep well last night Rusty thanks and I'm hoping to tonight too. I wish the same for you.

Manz I hope you get some quality sleep too. My brain works overtime too when I'm very tired. It's so frustrating, I get really mad at myself. Glad you enjoyed that film, two really good actors there.

Very funny Dee

You're sounding good I.P, glad you arrived home safely and good luck in finding work.
I'm usually up with the birds too, I like that though, peace and quiet in a morning before everyone gets up.

See you tomorrow

Stay safe and sober

Gxx
Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL probably him or Groucho Marx Lyddie

D