Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 13

Old 08-24-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sorry about the tax bit, I was posting from my kindle and the predictive text put in all kinds of things, lol.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those I cannot.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday! My current struggle is minor but very important to me. I want to lose the weight I gained over 10 years of drinking wine and eating poorly. I did lose 10 pounds slowly over 3 years of not drinking but now I am dieting to get the rest of the weight OFF! And today I am quite pleased with myself because I have lost 5 pounds so far.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
instant

It's great to wake up on Sunday morning and feel good- a whole day to relax and potter around
Old 08-25-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi everybody

I thought I'd introduce myself.

I am 43 married mum of two girls aged 9 and 11. They keep me very busy as they do a lot of sports and other extra-curricular activities. I work full-time and have for 20 years. My hubby is a heavy drinker , we were drinking buddies for a good part of 20 years ... we have our issues but I won't bore you with them now. He is a great Dad.

So how have things changed for me this last 12 months .... that is a huge question.

Well I am a better mum ... I am am generally more relaxed ... and I LOVE being able to drive my kids anywhere ANYTIME

My work is probably harder sober .... that sounds nuts .... but I have struggled with motivation this year.

My fitness improved ... in early sobriety I set the goal of becoming a surf life saver. I achieved that and enjoyed the fitness benefits. Following injury I kinda had a break from exercise and I am now setting new goals in this area of my life

I have only attended 1 AA meeting (5 hours out of town) because I am a big chicken .... I really enjoyed the meeting tho.

I am attending my church again.

I am actively involved in my community again.

I love SR ...especially SR chat ... the people there have kept me sober on a number of occasions ... dealing with emotions is sooooooooooo hard at times as a sober adult.

Well that's me in a nutshell ..thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

welcome lsc

congrats on a year, and thats some huge change!

good for you
Old 08-25-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome, LSC! It's amazing the changes that take place. I find myself constantly surprised at how good life can be now that I'm happily sober.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Warm welcome to you LSC1 and wow I can identify with you already.

I'm 42 with 2 kids 8 and 10. Hubby and I used to love spending time drinking also for the best part of 20 years and he's still a heavy drinker although tries hard to control it.

As for fitness, well never been my strong point so maybe you can give me some tips.

Take care
x
Old 08-25-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey Grace, that's our kids back here. Summer hols all finished now
Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi dear Overs

2.40 am here. I did go to bed about an hour and a half ago but sleep deludes me so I've got up again. We've been out gallivanting today ( yesterday now), we went into Liverpool City, the City where The Beatles are from, there's a three day music festival happening there, so we went with my daughter's M.I.L who happens to be one of my best friends and her partner, it worked out well because she decided to drive, which meant she wasn't drinking ( she hardly drinks anyway) but as the afternoon involved going into several bars it made it so much easier for me, we had our sparkling waters and cups of tea while the two men had beers.
We went to have a look at The Cavern where the Beatles first played and I would have taken a photo for you but the effect was spoilt by A4 sized sheets of white paper stuck on the doors saying £5.00 per person admission!!! We went down Matthew Street, where there were lots of bands playing and lots of Beatles memorabilia. It was a good day anyway and we don't get out that often these days.

Lyddie, I can so relate to your battle to lose weight, I thought it would have dropped off me when I stopped drinking, but no, I lose a few pounds one week and put them back on again the next, so frustrating! Anyway, well done you on losing 5lbs, that's very nearly half a stone!

Instant, I hope you had a really good Sunday pottering round and doing your own thing.

LSC1 you've come a long way in a year, we both have looking back at how we were last August.

Hi Rusty, hope you've had a good week end.

F.B.L that is so true and things can only get better!

Nicky, Ours don't go back until 2nd Sept and some on 4th Sept.

Going to bed now, see you all tomorrow sometime

Gx
Old 08-25-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if I welcomed you, Grace. Anyway, WELCOME! That's so cool that you went to the Beatles festival. Is it called "Carnival"? I listen to BBC 6 and they were talking about it today-but it seemed more like it was a reggae festival.

Anyway, had a good day today! The house all to myself--I just hung around the house all day! Listening to music, getting work done NOT at the last possible moment, cleaning and cooking myself a nice meal. Even updated my blog which I have not done all summer, whoops!

I only have five more days left! Friday is my last day at work and then I fly home on Saturday. I CAN'T WAIT. Can't wait to sleep in my own bed and get into a new routine. This summer has been a big learning experience for me, work-wise. I know better now what I want to do than I did three months ago, and that was the whole idea, I guess!

Congrats Lyddie on losing some weight-I know how hard it can be! I'm cutting out sugar from my diet. See what happens. Fingers crossed. This summer has been a bit of a fall off the wagon of my diet. Oh well. I tried my best but options here aren't so great.

Welcome LSC you're doing great.

FBL-it is surprising sometimes, isn't it. I surprise myself by continuing to NOT DRINK. I'm getting better at not dwelling on cravings and feeling sorry for myself. I see it more as an advantage now, just in life in general.

BBC 6 is doing a special on the Dark Side of the Moon right now. What an amazing album. Never gets old. If there's any Pink Floyd fans you should go check it out! Lots of interviews.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Welcome LSC1!! Great to see you here.

Oh the battle to loose weight...I can relate to all...that and not being particularly 'sporty'...... I just keep trying.

I hvae to say I am in shock today...my last post mentioned something like ...... Any day alive is a good day.......

I found out first thing this morning a friend was found by his daughter, murdered in his bedroom ......life is far too short, and today I can only shake my head in disbelief. Stunned! Desperately sad.............

Yep everyone.....thankful for what I have. Take good care all of you ok.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's horrible Manz - I'm really sorry for the daughter - and for your loss.

D
Old 08-26-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs

It's a beautiful sunny one here and what's even better is that I am not in work as it's Bank Holiday Monday, yay.

I think you did welcome me I.P but thanks again anyway.
Yes, it was a carnival but the part of Liverpool that I was in focused mainly on the Beatles, there was a lot going on, lots of live music everywhere and we saw some strange sights. Anything goes in Liverpool, we saw lots of young girls all dressed up to the nines, full make up on and heads full of rollers! Strange!
Sounds like you had a good day yesterday, I'm don't know what you've been doing over the summer but I hope you have a safe journey home at the end of the week, wherever home may be.My O.H is a Pink Floyd fan and I'm pretty sure he has 'Dark side of the moon'. I'll have to listen to it.

Manz, that is really awful, what terrible news. My thoughts are with you. Take care.

See you all later

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

was a great weekend gracy, played lot's of music

and Egads! manz
Old 08-26-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Oh Manz, what a shock. My thoughts go out to their family and your good self
x
Old 08-26-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Manz - how horrible and how sad. Thinking of you and your friend's daughter.

Grace - I am jealous - what fun to be able to attend the festival in Liverpool.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sounds like you had a really good weekend Rusty, what kind of music do you play?

Hi Cale, hope you've had a good day.

Aw don't be jealous Lyddie, it was good fun though and the weather was kind to us too, which made all the difference. I just love people watching and there were certainly plenty of sights to see.

Off to be in a minute, I'm up at 6.30 for work tomorrow.

Goodnight and sleep well

Gxx
Old 08-26-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm having a fairy nice Monday, just doing the usual, but I'm fine with that. Hope everyone is having a pleasant day
Old 08-27-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
instant

Manz sorry to hear the news, it's tragic for everyone involved
Old 08-27-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

23. 50

Hi
I'm just popping in quickly before I go to bed.

Good to see you back Bloss, we missed you. I didn't have a very exciting day either, just work, but not exciting suits me these days.

Hi Instant.

I'll call in again some time tomorrow

Goodnight and sleep well

Gx