Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 13

Old 08-27-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey overs, hope you're all well!

Oh Manz, I'm sorry..that's horribly sad.

Welcome LCS and thanks for reminder about that chat here. I've been around here for a couple years and only popped in once I think, early on. There are times when I'm sure I could use it now too, and I forgot it was there!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I am still feeling quite stunned, especially as the details get filtered and the poor family's privacy get violated by the media! My best friend has been quoted inappropriatly and hounded by the media.......sigh.......just very very sad! Now 3 lives have been senslessly wasted......3 dead. It is a cruel world at times.

Makes me feel very lucky...I remember vividly(and wish I didn't suddenly) when my first ex husband threatened to kill me with a rifle......horrible........but I am lucky because I am here.

I am glad to hear many of you have had some non memorable but content days.....thats the life that brings peace! Hugs to all....and hug your loved ones wont you.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

hang on to that gratitude manz
Old 08-28-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi again Overs

I hope you're all well and good. Just another work day for me, but the last one for this week, then the real work begins with g.children and dad caring.

Hi Mirage, I've never used the chat room at all, but its good to know it's there, just in case!

Manz it's awful, I really feel your pain, look after yourself too, you will be in shock.(( ))

Wise words Rusty.

Stay safe and sober

Gxx
Old 08-28-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Manz, I am so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers are with them all - and you.

We are in complete disarray here. Derek's car is loaded down. Mine has as much stuff as we can get in it. We will be taking the first load of stuff tomorrow morning. We get the truck Sunday through Tuesday.

My coworker is in china for three weeks (minimum). So I am all alone in the lab and going completely crazy there trying to get everything caught up + arrange all the stuff for the house.

This is just like getting sober. One hour at a time. One task at a time. Too bad I am actually doing like fifteen things at the same time.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Manz - *hugs* again
Old 08-29-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

9.45 Thur

Good morning Overs and a happy Thursday to you all.

I'm home today and just waiting for my lovely daughter to drop my other g.chids off while she goes to work. I think the park may be the order of the day as the sun is shining an it's warm and dry, then I'll take them to visit my Dad this afternoon for an hour.

Sounds like you've got a busy week end ahead Lotus Blossom, you'll be meeting yourself coming back at this rate. I hope all goes well for you, whatever it is you're doing.

Laters

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will make a conscious effort to be aggreable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I will improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interrupt when someone else is talking.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good Thursday to all,
No matter what life is handing us today, at least we are still sober. Take care everyone
Bloss
Old 08-29-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Evening all

Busy week for me and as much as I try to slow down at times I think secretly I actually thrive on a fast pace.
So this week I'm just going to roll with it.

Went to a small AA meeting this morning which was really good. Some people still struggling and others thriving.

So grateful to be sober and content today.

Catch you all later
x
Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
instant

Happy Fridays these days, rather than the previous desperate ones
Old 08-30-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

^^^ hell yeah inst!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Listening to the local sports talk station on the way home yesterday and one of the questions of the day was "have you ever had a beer in the shower". I thought to myself "of course, what self-respecting beer drinker hasn't"?!? The host found it hard to believe that so many called in to answer yes. Anyway, that and the upcoming three day weekend got me thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could have just one beer...then I "played the tape through" and it seemed like a really bad idea all around.

Have a great weekend, all!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

FBL - Its odd isn't it just what simple images or thoughts will unexpectedly trigger a drinking memory or desire.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Yes, what lyddie said! It's amazing what triggers can do.

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone! I'm heading up north for some fishing and college football watching. Go Blue! Ha, I sounded like a guy there. Ok, I'll balance it out with some cross stitching and shopping, how's that? Enjoy your sober weekends and I'll see ya in September!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I used to be a landscaper, and that was the best part of my day, cracking a cold beer when I got home and jumping in the shower with it. Oy.

FBL-ALWAY play the tape through! I have to say there have been a few moments in the last two weeks when I've been alone here, that I've given more than a passing thought to having a drink. But I play the tape through, to the immediate desperate need for MORE and I just do not want to go there.

ONLY ONE DAY LEFTTTTTT. I am very excited and nervous to go home. And sad. I had a great time here!

Here is a very important point: I have never, and I repeat, never, done anything like this before without it ending in some kind of disaster directly or indirectly related to alcohol. I'm leaving here after three months with only fond memories, tons of photos taken, day trips, lots of good work done, and relationships built with my employers and a few new friends. Basically, leaving on a high note. I can not ignore the fact that if I had been drinking this summer, that would not be the case. I would have embarrassed myself, probably pissed off a few people, done not so great at work because of hangovers, and been basically miserable and less able to handle the situation.

It's a nice feeling to actually have a successful experience where I can truly say I did my best.

Once again, thankful today for being alcohol free.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great trip home IP

happy weekend everyone

D
Old 08-30-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

safe trip ip

and itch, if your out there
Old 08-31-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
instant

IP great observation and achievement. Have a good trip home.

Seems like spring is here today. Went for a walk down at the beach- the change in seasons always seems to stir up the "romance" of drinking- Don't worry guys- I am happily sober- thats not to say 'the beast' is (LOL)
Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts.

LCS....I remember using chat daily for hours as the basis for my early sobriety, it really was my lifeline when I had absolutely no one nor anything else apart from a bottle that I was trying to avoid.

Grace...hope you are enjoying the grandkids!

Lotus...woohoo to the new house, I know you are in now and ahve the keys!!! Such great news

IP...safe travels home. And a great insight there!

Instant....great to feel that way on a friday huh?

caledonia....I think like you i like a busy week, good to remember to relax also too huh.

It was Weemans last day of football(soccer) for the season and boy oh boy the wind was ICY this morning..blowing straight from the Antartic! Brrrrr, roll on spring & summer.

Weeman and I also learnt our first 2 chords on the ukelele tonight (thanks to youtube & ukelele for dummies) and seems like we may have to try more. I also need to cut my nails...its not as easy peasy as one might think, and my fingers are going to need to learn some new ways of being! Hahaha

It's Fathers Day here tomorrow and Weeman wanted to invite his dad (and family) here for lunch, ugh, but I did the right thing and invited them. His dad said yes initially, but checked with the wife and then they declined. (I am quietly thankful as the idea of being in the same room as him after his last meltdown at me was not appealing.) But I will always try to do the right thing by my boy.

Do enjoy your weekends folks, mine is half over!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:59 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

you did the right thing by asking manz, and woo-hoo on the outcome! lol
Old 08-31-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
instant

I'm up at 7am putting some vocals a recording of a song I wrote- I've come a long way baby