we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2013-a-20.html

D
Old 05-18-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Morning Dee; thanx just getting my android in sync :p
Old 05-18-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dee - Thanks for continuing the May 2013 Class! Perhaps I can outlast another 500 posts.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So happy I didn't drink yesterday! I guess in the past when I had any kind of emotion I drank especially when i am angry. Someone who I thought was my friend pissed me off yesterday...I'm realizing people are rude. I need to learn to stick up for myself. Maybe I am just being sensitive BC I'm on day four... not really sure....
Old 05-18-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fitness1234 View Post
So happy I didn't drink yesterday! I guess in the past when I had any kind of emotion I drank especially when i am angry. Someone who I thought was my friend pissed me off yesterday...I'm realizing people are rude. I need to learn to stick up for myself. Maybe I am just being sensitive BC I'm on day four... not really sure....
Happy to hear you didn't drink yesterday, Fitness. I am like you in that I would drink when I had emotions of anger, sadness, and sometimes when I felt sooo good, that I thought alcohol would just make it even better...I was wrong...I am on day 5, and my first weekend of not drinking...funny, this morning I woke up, and the first thing I thought of was "what did I say or do last night that I am going to regret? Then I remembered that I DIDN'T DRINK last night

Congratulations on day 4, fitness. Keep up the great work
Old 05-18-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Unhappysoul

Oh the dread of waking up... The gasp. Then "What did I do? What did I say? Who did I call or text?" And, "What's on my FB???" I've had the same thing going on, and what a relief! The sigh. Then "Wait, I didn't drink last night!"

Also, I've had nightmares that I'm drinking and I'm all upset and things are going all crazy. The relief- waking up to realize it was a dream and I didn't really drink. WHEW!!!

It kinda sucks because my sleep is bad enough currently. But, at the same time it's good to know my sub-conscious is somewhat on the same page as me. :-)

Sober... Day 6!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today's officially day one, though yesterday is when I joined and poured out the rest. If you know me, you know paranoid fears are my main trigger. I have some going on, but things are pretty hopeful. I have no spending money now so I can't drink either way, but I'm almost grateful of that. We have plenty for bills and all, but I never use our family money to drink. The days sober seem so long, and it's hard to sleep too. But I did it before, so I can do it again.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EverySngleNight View Post
Oh the dread of waking up... The gasp. Then "What did I do? What did I say? Who did I call or text?" And, "What's on my FB???" I've had the same thing going on, and what a relief! The sigh. Then "Wait, I didn't drink last night!"

Sober... Day 6!
OH YES, I have done some REAL damage on FB....but I think that was finally the turning point for me...saying things that were so mean and hateful about someone I was really angry with at the time and what led me to drink that night....man, I felt like a poor excuse for a human being...that was what I hope will be the last of my drinking, and never hurting or lashing out at anyone ever again.

Way to go on making it to day 6...I am one day behind you I hope your sleeping will improve, and it should with time I would think. I don't seem to be having bad dreams...actually I don't even remember of my dreams last few days. Seems I had the nightmares when I was drinking.

Last edited by unhappysoul; 05-18-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-18-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon View Post
Today's officially day one, though yesterday is when I joined and poured out the rest. If you know me, you know paranoid fears are my main trigger. I have some going on, but things are pretty hopeful. I have no spending money now so I can't drink either way, but I'm almost grateful of that. We have plenty for bills and all, but I never use our family money to drink. The days sober seem so long, and it's hard to sleep too. But I did it before, so I can do it again.
That's the spirit, SoberForMySon....hang in there. As you know, the first few days are the worst, but it WILL get better. I am rooting for ya!! and again, welcome to SR..you are going to really love it here

Old 05-18-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me on the restart after last Saturday, and it's the toughest for me so far because it's Saturday aka "relaxing day" to me.

We just made our dinner plans and I found myself salivating over the thought of a nice glass of a good wine at the yummy restaurant we're going to. I waited it out. Went over to look up the urge surfing stuff to help. It's over now. But it could return around dinnertime. I just have to stay resolved, in the moment, and mindful about my long term decision.

The logical part of me (which is working much better now that I'm clear headed and not drinking) would say that the yummy dinner will be yummy enough on its own with just water (tap or sparkling) to go with it. It'll be healthier and I'll be feeling/thinking better off for it. Typing this is kind like saying it aloud so it sounds more committal to me.

I am getting that this is partly long-term thinking over short-term thinking. In American culture in general, there is definitely a prominence of short-term thinking over long-term thinking. It's kind of pervasive. And I don't think it's all that good for us, either. JMHO at this moment.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My house is full of drunken women, my gf has some of her friends over.
Her having people over is not a problem, it's all the booooze....
ARGH!!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay close to SR Torso

lets all make our recovery last these 500 posts...and beyond

D
Old 05-18-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Work tomorrow at noon for an hour then back again at 5, so no drinking! One day at a time. The guilt and paranoia are really eating me up but it'll only get easier the more space I put between me and the episode I feel worried about. Sober time is the only way to do that.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 13....soon to be (2) weeks.

I sort of feel like a hit a wall. I would really enjoy a drink but fighting the urges like many others. It's everyone's story that certainly helps my resolve. I guess I'm feeling weak.

I've been thinking back to my (2) major lapses. I don't know if anyone ever feels like this so, after you read this and if anyone has any suggestions.....well, someone might possibly have an answer.

But after I'm sober from anywhere from (2) weeks to (8) weeks, I sort have trouble focusing and I feel lazy/spacy. I'm not sharp! What is happening? I've read that people with ADHD/ADD often times struggle with some addictions. Could this be one of triggers or problems? Any suggestions or thoughts could help me out!

Thanks for your posts everyone.

Stay Strong May-tees.....BR, TBML
Old 05-18-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Still strong, but worried because it's Saturday night. Cleaning the bathroom though!
Old 05-18-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't have ADD but all that sounds very normal to me.

Remember, most of us here drank for years - it's likely to take a little longer than two weeks for body and mind to recuperate takingback

For me? honestly it took about 3 months to feel 'right' again.

the important thing to remember is this is a phase, not the future...it will get better.

Hold your ground you too CM - Saturday night ain't nothin but another night of the week...

D
Old 05-18-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Just checking in here so I don't lose the new thread. Will check back in later.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Glad to see everyone still plugging along! Day 5 for me. Still working the plan and living the dream! LOL Funny as I sit drinking my non-alcoholic drink, how much more I notice what everyone else is drinking. Not out of jealousy, but I think just before I didn't care as long as I had mine!

Thankfully, I haven't had any real withdraw symptoms yet. The longest I've gone is 6 months in 38 yrs. For me I felt so physically ill the last 2+ yrs maybe I'm going thru them they are just better then I use to feel!?! I do feel so much better then I did. I'm anxious to see how I feel after 30, 60, 90+ days.

I can understand how people get over confident early on and think...... I can have one or two. But those of us that have been around know that sooner or later we will be back to and even worse than we were before we quit the prior time!

Keep the faith gang! Read and post here. Follow your plan and know that we all go thru this we just don't have to do it alone.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Argh they all left the house and one of the women left half a bottle of vodka! VODKA! Anything but vodka

I said to my gf that I wanted to throw it away but she said no.

Fuuuuuuuuuuudge
Old 05-18-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't have ADD but all that sounds very normal to me.

Remember, most of us here drank for years - it's likely to take a little longer than two weeks for body and mind to recuperate takingback

For me? honestly it took about 3 months to feel 'right' again.

the important thing to remember is this is a phase, not the future...it will get better.

Hold your ground you too CM - Saturday night ain't nothin but another night of the week...

D
Thanks Dee.......just having a rough late evening, I guess. I've never been diagnosed with anything other the asthma. I'm just hoping for a simple answer, but I guess the only answer is to stay on track.

I need to ride this phase out and be patient since I have drank for many years.

Thanks again!