Class of May 2013 Part 2

Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the Ballet MLC. Hopefully it will be good weather like today

D
Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thanks. Yeah, lovely winter day here today too. I'm just looking forward to getting back to the city and eating in a real
Restaurant.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I haven't posted on this thread in a while, so just wanted to say hi, I'm still here and still sober. I hope everyone is enjoying some sunny weather - but even if you're not, still have a good day

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Day 8. Cravings were really strong last night and I made it through with some peanut butter! I'm at that point where I'm feeling good and thinking about the next time I get to "relax" with a drink. It's easy to swear never to drink again when you feel like hell hungover but once you feel good again the drink devil crawls back on your shoulder.

A side note we had a huge storm here last night and I kept thinking about how good it was to be sober with a clear head if something disastrous happened. There are many facets to this drunk thing.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Bad day yesterday, weepy, feeling aimless, hopeless about the future. Sent an email to my sister, but she responded saying that she has her own problems, but she's thinking about me. Felt very unsupported, I rarely reach out to her, but I give her lots of support, she was in bits when her dog died recently.

Normally, I'd drink, but now I seem better able to envisage what the next day will be like. I don't want to go there. Pushed thru and cut the lawn, later watched a movie, "Sarah's Key" very powerful.
Woke up today feeling almost like I was hungover, what's that all about? Achey, headache, foggy headed, listless, getting tired of always making myself do stuff, there's no fun in my life, wish I could see my friends more often.
Maybe this is paws, I can't imagine dealing with this for 2 years!
Sorry for dreary post, just need to feel that others get it.

Hope others are doing ok...
Old 06-04-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hang in there GreenEggs! When I'm feeling low, I'm able to boost myself up a bit by acknowledging what a difficult transition we are going through and that the blahs will not last. The 12 hr days are tough - I hope they are short term.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Leshar - I have experienced much of the same. Hang in there. I woke up last Saturday feeling hungover and started reliving the night before to see if I needed to be embarrassed about anything - then it hit me that I did not drink and I felt a huge wave of relief. I'm sorry that your sister is not more of a support. I'm finding more support on this website than I am from any family members. They are trying to be supportive - they just do not get it.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hey Raven - I'm going to give peanut butter a try
Old 06-04-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Tomorrow is a holiday for me so I'm looking forward to a little R & R. It sounds like a lot of people are feeling a little blah. I think you're definitely right Tess, we need to remind ourselves that this is a transition, not permanent, and whatever temporary dissatisfaction we feel is just that, temporary, and at least in my case if I add everything up I'm doing a lot better than I would be if I was drunk. Enjoy the ballet MLC!

Three weeks today! That makes me happy.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newlife4tess View Post
I'm finding more support on this website than I am from any family members. They are trying to be supportive - they just do not get it.
30 days today!! First time for me (excluding pregnancies). Newlife4tess, I feel the same. My husband and mom are the only people I have really confided in and while they try to supportive, they just don't get. It's not their fault, I know, but a bit frustrating nevertheless. I had mentioned to my husband, a couple of times, that I was approaching the 30 days, but he hasn't said anything to me today, as of 7pm Oh well, I know and feel proud of myself and that is what counts, right?

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday and for those of you who having a hard time - big hugs out to you. We are all on the same roller coaster. Better days ahead
Old 06-04-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

I can't believe I forgot ..... THANK YOU you to everyone of you for your support, words of encouragement and shares! I owe my first 30 days to SR and all of you
Old 06-04-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Great Job Ladybug!!! 30 days! Wow!

I am on day 20. Happy that I am still sober. Hoping to get to 30 days soon.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations again ladybug

D
Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

next part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...13-pt-3-a.html
D