# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 15

Continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-14-a-21.html

D
Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yayyyy in on the first page for once.....Day 154 just starting for me and yet again I'm in the middle of a 15 hour night shift....Got 2 days off after tonight though so tomorrow will be spent sleeping and then Friday I can get some quality time with my kids...After 2 scorching days of sun It's back to the good old English rain,already got soaked this morning as I was unlocking the football ground at 0500 and then I also got soaked at 1800 as I was locking up lol....I hope everyone is well and I'll be back tomorrow....Take care....Steve...
Old 05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Thanks Dee...

Well just checking in early, and taking it easy....

Good night gang..
Old 05-08-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

MB I haven't been to the gym for a month and on your weird mood about having much to do but not sure where to begin... my mood is just crabby instead of weird because my to-do list has a lot of things on it that I don't feel like doing. Ever. If I can learn to do more things I don't feel like doing... that will be progress

bloss hope you enjoyed the nice weather yesterday... and you reminded me I have to go to the dentist, hopefully just another cleaning

hi stevie, welcome to 154 - congrats

Hi BF. wwg, I know what you mean about the therapist-- the last person I have to be "fine" for but it took me over a year with the same guy to be able to talk about some pretty important stuff. glad to hear you are doing well

drake I hear you about friends, it would be nice if everyone understood where we are coming from. i guess it's typical that fire imagined versus fire evidenced by burns makes for a big difference in understanding. no big deal touching the nerves of a good friend, like you said, maybe he needs it... and will maybe respect your view some other time

Hi nel, hope you went for that ride

Hi grace. I was just thinking how in a lot of group recovery situations cross-talk is frowned on, but here it seems we are all encouraged to do some! I wonder if that kind of interaction is one of the reasons I like SR. Glad you enjoyed your two days of summer, I'm sure that's not all, and glad to hear you slept well.

I don't always think there's this "it" to get (about people not understanding where we're coming from) I mean, my opinion of that "it" (alcoholism) has transformed a number of times. I can reflect on my sober experiences with some clarity, but can only theorize about what alcohol was doing for me. Speaking for myself, just one aspect, that of being way more annoying and combative than I was aware of, tells me I'm never really going to know what I'm talking about. Not for sure. My perceptions under the influence confound me, I can't hope to explain it all that well to someone else. That's why their question "why don't you just stop?" is not so dumb--they are grabbing at straws, too, just trying to understand. What I'm pretty sure of is hey, don't drink Rick! Why? Chicken butt, that's why.

Hi there, jim. Good philosophy, thanks for sharing that.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

chicken butt works for me R1ck

D
Old 05-08-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi HD, first of all hats off to 201, that's fantastic. I am at 4, I guess it takes what it takes. I'm glad that I got another chance.

I want to share a small spiritual experience from today. After work, there was a reception to recognize people retiring this year, and for some years-of-service marks. I went there anxious, I hadn't been to that reception hall for years... it was the wedding of a friend who has passed. I'm all over the place. I'd say people were drinking, but that's not what I call drinking! Anyway, as people were recognized and offered small gifts and thanks, I found myself warming up, or cooling off, kind of both. A video was played of memories and advice and thanks of these people, many of whom were saying goodbye.

The cynic in me, like an AV, says "oh, that's just for company morale." Well, OK. It worked though. I wonder why?

HD you talk about gratitude a lot, as do many around here... it's not something I feel all the time... but here and there it's the gratitude of others that moves me to adjust. But there I am waiting for someone else to go first. Thankfully, many people will be good examples by going first, I just have to notice. And sometimes maybe it's ok to follow.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams Undies♥
Old 05-08-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Undies! Looks like everyone has been busy posting away!

I've been so caught up with work and night school the past 2 days that I just realized this evening that today is 7 months sober! I have to say I'm a bit shocked and didn't think I would of ever made it this far with all the failed attempts in the past.

Hope everyone has a relaxing evening/morning depending what country you're in!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats BF!! 7 months is inspiring!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

8.30 Thur

Good morning Thursday F'Undies. I'm at home today and just waiting for a call from my Mum to let me know the time of her Doctors appointment and then I will take her. You have to phone at 8.30 on the day to make an appointment and of course everyone else who needs an appointment is trying to get through at the same time!! Talk about organisation!
It's a cold and wet one today, winter woollies out again! I've only got my own three yr old today and tomorrow and he's in pre-school all day today, the other two are going away for the week end straight from school today, so I have a reprieve, Yay!
I'm building a little rockery in the garden so I will do a bit of work on that today.

Two weeks ago I went cold turkey with my anti-depressants tablets, these were prescribed to me by my Doctor 15 months ago for anxiety, quite a low dosage, but I didn't want to be on them forever. I mentioned cutting them down to my Doctor last time I saw him and he advised to try taking them every other day, anyway I ran out of them so I thought well here goes and so far so good, I'm feeling great.

Bloss, I guessed you meant 'super', lol.

I love that quote Jim, very much, thank you for sharing it. It would be good under your signature.

Hi Nicky, I know where you're coming from re reigning things in and slowing down a bit, that's something I'm trying to work on. You take care and look after yourself.

Hi Siesta. xxx

HD3, thank you so, so much for sharing that post. You are just awesome and deserve all the luck and happiness in the world. I feel blessed to have you as a friend.

Hi Babs, I hope all is well with you.

Hi Dee and thank you for the new link.

Morning Steve, yes back to the good old English weather indeed! I hope you have a good rest today, what have you got planned for your precious two days off? Enjoy.

R1ck, Could you maybe have a target of doing or tryng to do one of those things that you don't want to do, just once a month, perhaps. Baby steps remember.
With the 'it' thing, my family, my friends just don't understand why people can't just stop drinking if they want to, so for me, they just don't get 'it' but there again most of my family and all my friends don't know about the problem I have with alcohol! Food for thought, I suppose.
Cross-talk, I think it can be a good thing, every one has their own opinion, which of course they are entitled to and listening to some one who's opinion differs to mine, can help change my perspective and helps me see things in a different light.
Oh and re gratitude, I have to admit that I don't always feel grateful either and doing a gratitude list has really helped me with this. I sometimes sort of think 'what the hell have I got to be grateful for' then I go and read the gratitude threads here and yes actually I do have loads to be grateful for, I'm luckier than many.

Donkey schitt for me Dee! Lol.

Hope you slept well Nel.

See you all later

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for Today: One of the ways I can search for truth in recovery is to write. I will write about my recovery today.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

B.F congratulations on 7 months sober. Kudos. You are an inspiration to other young people here and to us oldies too. You've worked so hard, you deserve sobriety and a good, happy life.

Lots of love to you.

Gxx
Old 05-09-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats from me too BF

D
Old 05-09-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Huge congratulations BF. I think you have shown great strength throughout your recovery so far. You didn't have an easy start especially the loss of your Gran and that horrible work colleague. Great stuff! Have a fabby day.

Thanks Dee. Balance has always been a tricky one for me although these days I do seem to be more aware. Thankfully.

Grace Well done on the anti-depressants. Careful though, I tried it and it was week 3 that got me so decided to stick with mine in the mean time.

Nice meeting today and met my mum for lunch.

Catch you all later
x
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Grace omg a boxer! Couldn't have had a better pic!

Thanks you all for my sobriety would not be possible without each and every one of you! I am so blessed to be part of such a great group!

Have a wonderful day Undies
Old 05-09-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Grace, yep, baby steps I can probably do. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I would like to sign up for this club -- Today is Day Four; my second Day Four in a month, but this one is going a lot smoother than the one two weeks ago...
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

A day 16er checking in. Can't wait to graduate... Good luck every one... Wise man say, "Luck is the Residue of Design."
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 154 nearly over...Spent most of the day in bed recovering from my five 15 hour shifts...I got up,picked the kids up from school,had take away for dinner and now I'm just relaxing for a while before I get myself an early night to catch up on more sleep...Tomorrow I plan on walking the dog and then taking my wife and daughter out shopping whilst the other two are at school....I have still got new car syndrome and I love driving it as I have never had a car as luxurious as this one.....I have extra shifts at work next week as I need to cover someone who is off so I better enjoy my day off as I'm looking at a 90 hour week next week....I hope everyone else is well....Take care....Steve...
Old 05-09-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Keep rock'n Boozefree! Congrats on your awesome sober time! Its a rainy day here not much going, I had a great visit with my brother the other day but today I want to kill that kid! He called my house this morning at 6:30 I could tell he was messed up! He thought I called him and that I was coming to pick him up!...OMGawd!! I can't wait until he is sober so I can rip in to him and believe me I am...Its the same crap all the time he his full of excuses and whines and crys, never helps himself.... He has so much he needs to do or he will go to jail for not completing his classes from a DUI he got 3 1/2 years ago...Anyways I'm not going to hold back thats for sure ....Sorry gotta run my husband is waiting sorry to vent and run...Hope everyone is having a good day Off to shop!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

BZ

Grace I did the same thing a couple months back.. I was on zoloft for anxiety for about 13 months and wanted to get off it.. So I had my annual checkup with my doctor and told her..

I was only on 50mg doses.. So I just took half a pill for a week, then every other day for a week.. I honestly don't think I felt any different, so thats cool.. I wish the same for you..

Got to run, back to the dish tank.. And grateful to have a job to go to today, without reeking of alcohol..