Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 9

Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey Snaggle

Hope you are doing okay, I sure as hell hate that two year old tantrum had the little f****r with me all weekend,

No magic words to get you through it was a white knuckle ride but on the other side things did look a little bit brighter.

For me coming on here didn't help , I didn't tell you guys as it wasn't you (I was in the chat room at the time) but i had a real "internal" angry moment about some things some folks were saying, trying to help o course but at the time I couldn't deal with there upbeat bulls***

So I hope this finds you how it's intended

I just took myself off to bed for a little cry and woke up the next day relieved
Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

Deep Breaths Snaggle.... this too shall pass.

Ride it out.

You can do this.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

have you eaten enough snaggle - can you eat something sweet and filling? I had a furious day on and off yesterday and I ate three Weetabix wih half a ton of sugar on, my cravings diminished at least 90%.
I'm actually glad I'm single going through this, I have to say. xxx
Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Snaggle,

As a special treat I will allow you to look upon my splendour.,,

Err that sounds wrong! I meant my new avatar :p
Old 04-03-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

*wolf-whistle* AoS

Hope you are ok Snaggle and also Trach xxx

I got a rescue dog at about the same time I gave up drinking, she is really helping me. She was so abused and scared, and now follows me everywhere - I can recommend animals they help heal the heart xxx
Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thinking of you Trach - like others have said - you deserve better - it's not up to us to allow it tho - you have to allow it. Take back the drivers seat

Snaggle - the good thing about 2yo tantrums is they wear themselves out - I hope thats happened for you.

I know the rage and I know the sense of unfairness - for me it was mostly fear tho - I didn't want to be different. I didn't want to have to deal with this, I didn't want to have to struggle with this day in and day out forever.

But the reality is...it's not always a struggle and it's never a struggle for long - that's just your inner addict playing you.

Noone would stay in recovery if they felt they lost out on the deal.

I wouldn't have....but I'm glad I did stick to it - I found myself again and, at the risk of being too sunshine and unicorns, I found joy and meaning in my life too.

I could never have done any of this drunk.

You won't regret waking up sober tomorrow morning

D
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
*wolf-whistle* AoS

Hope you are ok Snaggle and also Trach xxx

I got a rescue dog at about the same time I gave up drinking, she is really helping me. She was so abused and scared, and now follows me everywhere - I can recommend animals they help heal the heart xxx
Daisy i've been petitioning Congress (my mother) for years to let me have a rescue dog. I don't really have many friends and i'm such a huge animal lover, alas she will not let me have one
Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Snaggle I hope you're doing ok. I'd swear my head off and let it all out, if it made me feel better as a stress reliever I wouldn't give it a seconds thought.

Beagle I was much the same with my father, I fought for years. Then in October I bought my dog home without a word of warning to my old man. 6 months down the line my Teagan bear is still with us and my dad still hasn't forgiven me - such is life
Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

aww Mr B - can't you cry or something? That's how I got my horse, heehee :-)

I have a very handsome rabbit called Oscar with amazing sideburns, I will post a pic when I figure out how xxx
Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
aww Mr B - can't you cry or something? That's how I got my horse, heehee :-)

I have a very handsome rabbit called Oscar with amazing sideburns, I will post a pic when I figure out how xxx
Apparently it's 'not fair' to leave them in the house when were at work, even though i'm a full time student from home. Drives me mad it does!

I'd love to see your bunny!, mine is just here with me now chewing on some lettuce haha
Old 04-03-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post

Beagle I was much the same with my father, I fought for years. Then in October I bought my dog home without a word of warning to my old man. 6 months down the line my Teagan bear is still with us and my dad still hasn't forgiven me - such is life
I'd love to do this but I wouldn't dare. She'd probably kick me out and keep the bloody dog!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

MrB how about "we'll if I can't get a dog I might just get a tarantula or a python"???
Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
MrB how about "we'll if I can't get a dog I might just get a tarantula or a python"???
Hmmm, i've not tried that one Toots, i'll get back to you with that one. She'd never sleep again!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Buddink, I have never actually hated anyone before...... Lol I am soooo jealous it is freezing here!
I'm going to be nice to him Toots. I may need a couch to crash on...or I'd settle for a hammock in the backyard too.
Ken, You may want to change your location to Fargo, ND. The keys aren't that big. We can find you.
Absolutely lovely.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Oh sh*t Snaggle, I was blinded by the beauty of the sunset. Rage away! I hope you are all right and not drinking. This rage and crap will pass. It won't kill you. It just sucks at the time it happens. I hope you are ok.

Trach, don't go anywhere. I need you posting. You always use words I have to google to understand what you are saying. I promise to not verbose so much.

Xxxxxxoooooo
Old 04-03-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

But if you are Snaggle, I still care about you and want you back here.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Snaggle, there are a whole lot of people all around the world waiting to here a word from you. C'mon girl, have something to eat and type us a word.

Trachy, hang tight, you are on day one and it's all forward from here.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Snaggle, it doesn't offend me no matter what swear words you use - I've probably heard and said them all. We are here for you and care about you.

Trach, I know you've been having a tough time. Stay with us, please!

(((Hugs))) to you both and anyone else struggling today!

Sassy
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Off to bed for this one.

Trach I hope you feel a bit better in the morning, we all know you have the strength to do this.

Snaggle hope you're okay too, as Sassy says, we are all here for you no matter what.

Goodnight all, have a goodun, i'll catch up with all you marchers soon, love you all.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I am NOT giving up my time.