Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 9

Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

No matter where you go... there you are... So make your days sober, healthy and happy.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Love your little pictures Phebe

Mick
Old 04-03-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Me, too, Phebe! I really like this one!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Old 04-03-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

lol... found them in the smilies... there are some fun ones!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Found them!!

Mick
Old 04-03-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

woot!!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone.

I, was up till 4am fell a sleep with waking up every hour because I couldn't eat for 12 hours for blood work and I was so hungry. Plus stressing myself out yesterday didn't help. Time for a nap on a filled stomach because I cant keep my eyes open. See you all later in the day.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hope you get a nice nap clight, you deserve a rest
Old 04-03-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Rest easy Clight.

Staying sober is hard work... until it's not
Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Ditto all the above

Sleep well Clight

Mick
Old 04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Black - Thinking of you today - good luck, stay strong!

Sandgirl - Try not to be too hard on yourself. We've all been there and done that. However, all we can do is pick ourselves back up, stay sober, and not ever repeat the mistake. Things will get better and look brighter each day

Well it's 54F here in Maryland with beautiful blue skies and sun shining. Day # 17 for me! Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning. Thanks for your support yesterday....I took off from work yesterday morning after posting to give myself a mental/physical rest and drove straight to my favorite AA meeting. I made that meeting my home group since they meet 26 times a week...several meetings a day. And I asked an older guy (39 years sober) to be my back up sponsor as I'm not sure things are working with the current one. Anyway, progress and happy to be on Day 2 with you all.

And Marcher13 - it's never too late to play music..."I highly recommend it as a quick fix for the soul" - a line from one of my wife's songs . Not sure if you're in the states or not, but people can't get rid of them quick enough over here (check the free section on craigslist). There are literally hundreds of beautiful good antique pianos that people will give you for free so long as you pick them and haul.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in. It's freeeeezing here today - I think it about 0 degrees C but feels colder.

Black, thinking of you today. Hope it goes ok.

A few people have been talking about anxiety, and unfortunately I think I am actually more anxious since I stopped drinking - I used to self-medicate with alcohol to calm myself and now that's not an option. I had over-the-phone CBT therapy last summer to deal with social anxiety, and that helped to some degree. Now it's more of a generalised feeling of something (I don't know what!) being wrong; last night I googled 'constant feeling of doom' so see what came up and it was mostly anxiety sites.

I'm planning to get back into meditation to see if that helps - I've been on two 10-day silent meditation retreats in the past, and am hoping to go on another if I can work out the practicalities around not being at home to look after my daughter and husband.... Definitely recommend these retreats to anyone interested in meditation - they are free and not associated with any religion. Just google 'Vipassana meditation retreat'. In the meantime I just need to bite the bullet and get meditating on my own - my daughter wakes up at 6am so I'll need to get up before then to get some peace and quiet!

Those of you thinking of taking up piano (or any other instrument) - go for it! I've played viola since the age of six and have always been very grateful to my parents for giving me the opportunity to learn at such a young age. It's definitely never too late to get started though. I still play the occasional gig but mostly just on my own, and when I'm feeling sad it's an instant mood booster. If you learn to play, you'll never regret it
Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Black hope today went well, thinking of you. X
Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hello everyone !!! Hope everyone is hanging in there. Today is a great fun day---people here at work are all in a good mood which makes the day go by faster. My AV has left me alone and I don't have one thing to complain about---I know, it won't last forever but, i'm going to enjoy the moment. Have a great day everyone and just say no.
Love and Kisses to you all.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Morning all

Mick - I presume the wallet took a minor ding with the results last night??

Bepresent - you should think about hooking up with Panache for that retreat. If you can get her to be silent without chirping for a whole ten days that would surpass any miracle of sobriety.

Toots - you work? That must make you a total rarity amongst the Celtic fanbase......ohh ok I PROMISE I'll stop now

I'm glad you all seem to be chugging along on a remotely even keel today. It's not all wine and roses - well definitely not the wine bit - this sobriety lark but when you're slap bang in the middle of a dark place, try flipping it and look for the shafts of light streaming in. They are there and they do get brighter!

Stick with the plan, Stan.

NT
Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

BP - Just thinking about 10 days without talking gives me anxiety! That literally sounds harder to me than quitting drinking. I may need to consider that since I've learned if it's scary and I don't want to do it, it's probably the thing I need to do.

Marcher and Daisy - I think it was you 2. Go learn to play the piano. How fun. I have the attention span of a goldfish so I've never had a real hobby. Other than shoe collecting if that counts.

Black and Clight, I will be thinking of you both also. Sleep and stay well.

Phebe, the up and down thing got better for me. I'm pretty balanced now. I did have to use that goofy feeling chart with all the different faces on it at first. For me, it was all everything great or everything bad. Now I can sort of identify if I'm just p'o'd or frustrated or whatever. Just me.

I felt like a 2 year old when my therapist gave me that. Really? a sheet of paper with all the different feelings on little cartoon faces. Uh, I actually needed it on occasion. Makes me laugh now. I may make my own for those who Botox their foreheads like me. I've spent good money to stop looking p*ssed off. Angry now looks like this on me.

Have a great day or night everyone.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers!!!

Last night when I got home from work, I made myself a snack, as I was sitting down in front of the TV to eat, I realized.

I didn't have a craving all day.

I didn't notice the bar I used to stop at as I was riding past it.

My AV must be mad at me because it didn't speak to me all day.

I ate, and watched TV with agreat big smile on my face!

Went to bed looking forward to day 26.

Nice to see all the pics of everyone!!!

Stay strong and stay connected

Ken
Old 04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Buddink---Don't you just love those kind of days!!! Good for you.