Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 13

Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oh my Gracy - you have done it again. Remembered everyone in you post with a special note. It gives me a headache to even try to think that hard - you are AMAZING

Therefore, I shall just say to each and every undie be good, be safe, be careful, be sober.

With love TTBABP
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

I know Grace is our gem like that.. She rocks..

Well gang like TTB I will keep it short but sweet..

Love you all, sleep tight.. And welcome to a new month of adventures and beginnings ..

Old 04-01-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Night all, too tired to recite each by name
But, you mean so much to me, just the same
We're all in this sober journey as one
No, it's not always fun
Sobriety is worth it, we proclaim
{B}
Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Nel hope you stay warm tonight!

Well school was a success! I met some nice people and feeling good about it. Tonight lecture was intense! Goodbye mellow weekends and hello books and studying!!!

Better get some sleep since I have to be up in 6hrs, yikes!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

What are you studying, BF? Glad your first day went well!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning Undies

Sober1ck As much as I enjoy being sober I sometimes get overwelmed by the things that need done or the things I THINK need to be done.........lol, ususally just material things so take it easy and tackle it *one day at a time*

Not sure what my plans are for today yet. Kids still asleep and this is also a FIRST hahah They're usually up at the crack of dawn.

Bit concerned about my brother again. I see him making mistakes I make whilst drinking but as we say we all have our own journey to travel. I'll be here for him no matter what.

Hope this cold front passes soon, come on Spring where are you?

Catch you later
x
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

08.45 Tue

Good morning from my work Undies

Woke up this morning to a dusting of snow, good old British summertime eh! To make things worse I overslept too, don't remember my alarm going off, so rush, rush, rush, thank goodness I was organised and had my work clothes out ready and my lunch made etc. Just made it into work with minutes to spare.
Don't know if I'm run down or something but I have an outbreak of coldsores, I occasionally get the odd one, but I've got several of the horrible things, talk about bee stung lips!! I've got the look!

Matthew, you're doing well and no it isn't easy, 'no pain no gain' but it does get easier to say no with time. You just have to take it one day at a time, that's all we have! Stick close, you will do this.

Nel, I'm cold too, in fact it's cold in work, there is a cold draught blowing right up my legs just now. We all get blah days, but that's okay, a blah day is better than a drunken, blackout day and I've had more than my share of them! I hope you had a restful sleep. xx

sober1ck, I have to say that you are sounding more positive these days and you have a very dry sense of humour. You're doing well. It's good to have lots to do, just write a list, prioritise it and start from there, I always have loads to do these days and it never fails to amaze me how I ever found the time to drink!

Ha ha, aww thanks TTBABP, I think S.R is my new addiction to be honest, seriously though I do sometimes just write a general post, not very often, but I do do it! Forunately, I'm very quick at reading and typing, it's something I have to do in my job!

Thanks too HD3, love ya too! xx

Love the poem Bloss, very good, maybe I will start doing that, writing little verses to you all, now there's a thought! Do I have time? Er no!

B.F, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed school, I think it will do you good to be mixing with people and making new friends. Go for it, give it your best. Enjoy.

Morning Gilmer, hope all is well with you.

Morning Nicky, have you got snow again too? We seem to have had more than you this year, you usually get it quite bad where you are.
It is sad about your brother, but he know's that you are there for him when he's ready. It's hard to watch a loved one struggling but like us they need to learn from their own mistakes. Stay strong for him, he needs you.

Anyway, with that I better go and do something.

Back laters

Stay safe, clean and sober

Gxxx

Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways. I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out. If anyone knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don’t want to do-just for exercise. I will not show that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it
Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day 9, and feel a little down this morning. It is hard to earn trust back from my wife, but I have to be patient. She loves me, but needs to see a long stretch of sobriety to know this is real. I am happy to wake up sober, and know that I am moving ahead. God bless all of you. I appreciate all the kind words. We are a great group.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Nel hope you stay warm tonight!

Well school was a success! I met some nice people and feeling good about it. Tonight lecture was intense! Goodbye mellow weekends and hello books and studying!!!

Better get some sleep since I have to be up in 6hrs, yikes!
Congrats on school. Best of luck.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi Matthew, you have to be patient, if you wife is anything like my husband she will have heard all the ‘sorry’s and the apologies’ too many times before, it’s time to show her that you mean it. Actions speak volumes and as each day ends with you still sober, in time, she will see that you are serious about this. She needs to see that you mean it.
You can do it. xxxx
Old 04-02-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Hi Matthew, you have to be patient, if you wife is anything like my husband she will have heard all the ‘sorry’s and the apologies’ too many times before, it’s time to show her that you mean it. Actions speak volumes and as each day ends with you still sober, in time, she will see that you are serious about this. She needs to see that you mean it.
You can do it. xxxx
Than you Grace. I just wish she would say she is proud of me. But, I guess I can't expect her to be a cheerleader yet.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm sure she is deeply pleased, Matt.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Grace - I am so sorry to hear that you have cold sores. I know how painful those can be. I know for me it is usually stress related. Nontheless, your cheerfulness and positivity always comes shining through. You really brighten my day

HappyDestiny - I absolutely loved your post on remembering each day is day one in terms of sobriety. I think that is such an important concept. Not only in terms of sobriety, but also because it teaches us to focus on the present. Too often, I think about the past or worry about the future. Truly living in the moment is a skill I am trying to develop.

Sober1ck - Your post was such an inspiration! Despite feeling some stress and disappointment that your feelings of contentment in sobriety outweighed them. That is wonderful. As is the good feelings of vigorous exercise on the treadmill. I only walk on the treadmill, but it makes a huge difference in lifting my mood.

Bloss - Thank you so much for the clever rhyme. So very true

BF- I am happy to hear that your school was success and that you met some nice people. It's a wonderful feeling to know that we are growing and doing something positive for ourselves. I still constantly remind myself that instead of participating in what others may consider a mundane activity - I could be drinking or in sheer misery from a terrible hangover. In other words, not enjoying the activity at hand or simply living life.

Nicky - I am sorry that you are worried about your brother, but it sounds like you have a great attitude. It's wonderful that you will always be there for him. I feel the same way about my nephew.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Filmed I'm in the veterinary field and finishing school to be a licensed technician. It basically is stuff I already do but with a license can do a few extras and make some more $$

Grace hope you're able to rest and recharge! Atleast you made it to work on time.

WWG I remember the first few weeks being like a roller coaster of emotions highs and lows. I've learned it's ok to have an off day. Take care of your self!

Hi Tanja, Nicky, Bloss, TTBAP, sober1ck, HD3, and all the other Undies! My brain is still recovering from last nights lecture lol
Old 04-02-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi again

WWG, it's very early days and though I'm pretty sure you're wife is delighted, she is probably a bit unsure yet that you will stick with it, just give her time. You know she loves you and she's supporting you, you're a very lucky man.xxxx

Thank you Tanja, the cold sores could well be stress related, I have such a lot going on in my life, as always, but hey, it could be worse, people have paid a fortune for lips like these, lol.
How are things with you and what happened with wild child? May I ask? You take care, you make my day too. xx

laters

Gxx
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Gooooood Morning Undies!! As soon has I post this I am making myself get back on my bike and do or try to do 30 mins. One thing I hate about myself is if I go a few days of not doing my exercise I can easily just blow it off for months! ...Exercise!..lol.......... Grace, hope you have a good day, I get cold sores if I'm stress or sick, in the summer I will get them if I'm in the sun to long Boozefree sounds like school was good ...Well Undies I got to cut this short my dog is barking to go out.....Be back later, have a great day Undies!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Very nice bloss. You are a poet indeed!

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Well school was a success! I met some nice people and feeling good about it. Tonight lecture was intense! Goodbye mellow weekends and hello books and studying!!! Better get some sleep since I have to be up in 6hrs, yikes!
Excellent. SO glad to hear it. It will be good to be busy - no?

Nicky – the best you can do for your brother is be there for him. But as you say he has to come to it on his own.

Grace – SR addiction is totally acceptable. You clearly are however an extremely organized and precise person. I am to an extent but when I get overwhelmed I lose it. Like when I am late – even if I do have things ready like you somehow I screw it up anyway and make myself later. I am trying to work on staying calm under stress.

WWG – I wish you felt better. You must be patient. Things take time. Be happy with yourself. Be proud of yourself. If you keep doing right – eventually your wife will fell comfortable enough to give you the praise that you need and deserve. Have you talked to her about your feelings?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTBABP View Post
Very nice bloss. You are a poet indeed!

Excellent. SO glad to hear it. It will be good to be busy - no?

Nicky – the best you can do for your brother is be there for him. But as you say he has to come to it on his own.

Grace – SR addiction is totally acceptable. You clearly are however an extremely organized and precise person. I am to an extent but when I get overwhelmed I lose it. Like when I am late – even if I do have things ready like you somehow I screw it up anyway and make myself later. I am trying to work on staying calm under stress.

WWG – I wish you felt better. You must be patient. Things take time. Be happy with yourself. Be proud of yourself. If you keep doing right – eventually your wife will fell comfortable enough to give you the praise that you need and deserve. Have you talked to her about your feelings?
I have talked to her, but she needs a little longer to know if I am serious. I have to prove my dedication and commitment to sobriety. I can only do this by not drinking, and working on getting better in therapy.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Nel, I am the same way about exercise.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Ha ha Nel, I had another look at my bike yesterday, it's still there! Still got shirts hanging from the handle bars!! One day soon!

Hi Gilmer, how's it going?

Gxx