Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 13

Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Morning Undies

Warm welcome to you Jamesadams. This a great thread for support. Congratualtions on your milestone. Fantastic!

Off swimming with the kids today and a small food shop to do.

Great to have a clear mind and body to do these things.

Happy, healthy Easter Monday Undies.

Catch you all later
x
Old 04-01-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day is day 8, I never thought would make it this far a few weeks ago.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey WWG....Glad to read your post...Very happy you had a successful weekend!

I'll send you a pm today.

Jim
Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
SoberR1ck, don't you like "O Sacred Head Now Wounded?" I've always thought that was gorgeous. We sang a lot of bold, loud, cheery songs today in church. It was great to be able to sing in the choir. I am technically a second alto, but more accurately a girl tenor.
Yeah, but by the time we got to that, my own head was wounded Love girl tenors. "Bring out your man" says our conductor, when the altos have some good low notes.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Welcome James! Scary I took that test and answered bass on my drinking before getting sober and got 25 out of 26! Def confirmed alcoholism.

HD3 sounds like you had an awesome day!

Nicky have fun swimming with the kids!

WWG were all rootin for ya, keep it up!!!

Up and getting ready for work. Tonight the first big day of back to classes for the next 12 weeks! Hoping I can get a seat in the back and not be put on blast. I get uncomfortable in rooms full of people I don't know and especially this situation where a lot of these people will have been in class together the past yr straight. I'm just jumpin in now bc I finished my first year but didnt have enough hrs logged at the time to continue to the final 12 corse.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Welcome James.

Good Luck BF

Tanja - sorry you are not feeling well. If you don't get satisfaction from your doc - don't be shy about getting a second docs opinion. All too often doctors either don't take complaints seriously enough or are quick to just prescribe something without further inquiry. You know yourself best.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good morning Undies and welcome Jim, not much going on, I'm going to get back in the routine of things like exercise and healthy eating I took a break last week when the family was here. Well Undies not much going on, I will check in later after my show, Young & Restless love it! You know what I notice a few weeks ago is all the drinking they do on that soap. Someone walks in a office or house they offer a drink or have a drink, man oh man never really paid much attention to that before. But I still love the show...see ya later Undies have a great day
Old 04-01-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

People are always shown having one drink on TV. They make it look so natural and pleasant. They never seem to show any blithering idiots!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

haha..it's true nel. It seems that in every TV programme they're scooping copious amounts of alcohol. My mouth used to water at this but now if turns my stomach.

Thank goodness for soberiety.

x
Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning undies, Had a great spring break with my boys. My stepdaughter ended up not being able to come, so we were bummed but hopefully we'll be able to see her soon.
Welcome James,
I went through that whole thought process you're going through. For me, it was definitely denial, and my AV trying to get me to go back to drinking. Now that more sober time has passed, I have no doubts about being an alcoholic. I agree that you should keep going and re-evaluate. I once had a counselor tell me, "if it's causing problems, then it's a problem". That was easy enough for me to wrap my head around at the time.
Hi to everyone else here. I've been reading posts but haven't had time to post much myself. Just plugging along, enjoying the sober life.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
People are always shown having one drink on TV. They make it look so natural and pleasant. They never seem to show any blithering idiots!
Even when they do show blithering idiots - its always portrayed as funny and harmless.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Welcome JamesAdams

Nice weekend, I do like chocolate! The scale was not by buddy today. So going to keep on the move this week, burn calories. Sounds like everyone had a fairly enjoyable weekend, isn't it great to be sober and not have forgotten what you did or said. Take it easy, group!
Bloss
Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies. It's already April. But it's been half-day snowing, half-day raining. Brrrr

James - welcome and congrats on 3-days milestone! I can relate to youru doubts about re-evaluation when I was at this stage of sobriety. But the more days of sobriety I have, the more my attitude to it changes. Drinking romanticization gas gone. The bottle somehow lost its "magic". And one day at a time still works fine).

Matt - congrats on 8 days!

Nicky - enjoy swimming, have fun)

BF - good luck with your school!

Nel - I agree - TV seems to have a cult of drinking. They have their share of glamourizing the booze - characters can drink a lot but rarely of ever look like hell next morning or "hug the white friend" in the middle of the night.

Siesta, TTBABP, Soberjim - hi to you)

And my best wishes to all the Undies!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

WWG ~ Congrats on your days.. I try to always remember I am on Day 1 everyday.. For each day I wake up , that is all I have.. Today..

The person with the most amount of sobriety, Is only the person that woke up the earliest today..

Wow stayed up late... Slept in , but it is sunny and blue skies.. And its not a April fools joke, because the fool I am , I am easly fooled..

To a new week of adventure friends.. Have fun..
Old 04-01-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the kind words. This is hard, and all of you have helped me. Thanks
Old 04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Thank you for all the kind words. This is hard, and all of you have helped me. Thanks
No thanks necessary, just stay positive and focused. Wishing you another healthy day.

Welcome Babs1234. This is a great thread. Lovely to have you on board.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

First log in of the day from me, as my O.h has been off today I thought I would give S.R a bit of a rest and spend time with him. We went out and bought a new hose pipe, gosh I have such an exciting life, ha ha.
We called in to see my Dad this afternoon and he was having one of his good days, so that's made me happy.

Nicky, I can imagine the piano playing as being mayhem, bet it's fun though. No phone calls last night, thank goodness.
Swimming sounds good, I love swimming and I haven't been in ages.

You're doing just great Matthew, keep on walking the walk.

Gilmer, that's true, my house is always noisy with the sound of children and that's a good sound to me!

TTBABP, I hope you've enjoyed your week end. Have you got your husband on the light housework duties yet or does he need some more convincing?

B.F, I'm glad you've enjoyed a lazy day, does you good to have one occasionally.Good luck with school, you'll be fine, go and give it your best shot, it will be another feather in your cap, you can do it. xx

James. welcome to the Undies and I hope you stick with us, 30 days is awesome. Only you can answer to whether you're an alcoholic or not, but if you didn't have concerns about your drinking you wouldn't be here! The turning point for me was accepting that I really am an alcoholic after lying to myself for years. Do what's right for you. Good to have you with us.

HD3, that's such a lovely post, definitely blessed.

Hi Jim, hope all is well with you and yours. xx

Hi Sober1ck, hope your wounded head has recovered, lol.

Nel, I've noticed that too about the soaps here, they all revolve round alcohol, they show you women going into bars on there own and having a drink after work or at luch time, they show them opening bottles while they are cooking dinner, etc, etc, just not good is it?

Siesta, that's a really good approach re the alcohol, 'if it's causing problems, then it is a problen' so true.

Hi Bloss, hope you had a good week end. I haven't had any chocolate, but that's only because I'm not a chocolate lover!! Thank goodness!

Midnight, it's cold here too, very wintery, thought it was going to snow today, but it held off. Hope you're feeling better. xxx

Well, I'm off to my bed in a minute, need to read a couple more chapters of my book before I go to sleep.
See you all tomorrow

Stay safe, clean and sober

Gxx

Just for today I will try to strengthen my
mind. I will study. I will learn something
useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will
read something that requires effort,
thought and concentration.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good to be sober, not easy but worth it.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey Undies not much going on, kinda feel blah. I'm so sick of the cold! I think I'm going to hang out in my bedroom tonight under some nice warm blankets! Yep, I see all this drinking on these shows and I'm thinking if that was real life you be in trouble....It just makes me happy to be sober Well gang I just wanted to pop in and say night, see you in the morning.....Sweet dreams♥
Old 04-01-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
Hey Undies not much going on, kinda feel blah. I'm so sick of the cold! I think I'm going to hang out in my bedroom tonight under some nice warm blankets! Yep, I see all this drinking on these shows and I'm thinking if that was real life you be in trouble....It just makes me happy to be sober Well gang I just wanted to pop in and say night, see you in the morning.....Sweet dreams♥
OK well when you wake up... "good morning sunshine"

I have some stress, disappointment, but content with being sober today, feels good to sweat on the treadmill and then get all clean. There's so much to do that I don't know where to start sometimes, and I told myself that when I get through Easter, I'll.... well, looks like I'm there. Great. Maybe I meant Midnight's Easter, yeah, that's it!