Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 13

Old 03-31-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Happy Easter Undies,

TTBABP - Your post really resonated with me. I had been feeling unwell for four days and really depressed. Much of the same symptoms I have experienced for the past 8 months to the extreme; i.e., exhuastion and severe headache. I found myself severely depressed and your post was spot on. My mother used to always say "This too shall pass". I had been to my doctor about these symptoms and he asked me what I thought it was. I told him I didn't know. Then he said he thought it was "psychological". Well, what I experienced the past 4 days certainly wasn't psychological. I definitely need to get my bloodwork done.

Nel - Thank you so much for the Louis Armstrong song I have always loved Louie Armstrong. Plus, the quote on grattitude is wonderful.

HD3 - Thank you for sharing the prayers you use to get you through the hard times. Those deviled eggs were a hoot! I think that's the first laugh I've had in four days!

BF- As Dee said I think it was wise to forego any situation that may threaten your hard fought sobriety.

MB - I hope your blood tests go well. Please let us know how it goes.

Grace - It sounds like you have a nice peaceful Easter planned with your family.

Matt - Congratulations on one week of sobriety and Easter sunday to boot7

My plans for the day are to go get my haircut and attend a AA meeting. Wishing everyone a wonderful easter!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, although there is usually a lot to be thankful for IML, that doesn't always make me grateful. I'll try though... I survived the worst day of the year for a church musician, Good Friday. Good Riddance Friday, just about killed me this year. Today will be a snap.

It has taken almost 3 months, but I feel like my brain is back, not as spinny, better focus, memory retention. To get "out of my head" yesterday I made myself memorize part of a piano piece. I was amazed and that this morning I remembered every note I learned last night (it was a short passage, but this is from being sober, no other reason).

Thanks nel, I love that song. happyD, some great and inspiring quotes, thank you.

Midnight it'll be easy for me to remember your Easter since it happens to fall on my Dad's b-day this year. Good luck with the Doc and

wwg keep going! you're doing great

Gilmer this too shall pass and time heals, very good for me to remember. of course, I'm like "when?" but i know i'm not the only one who gets these "opportunities" to practice patience

HappyD thanks again for reminding me that I won't die from some emotional pain; I want to make progress on sitting with such feelings so I can function better even when I'm down

Enjoy the rest of the weekend... hi to caledonia, grace, least, ttbabp, boozefree, dee, tanja, bloss, booniecat, critica, onelesslonely, alaskasun, soberjim, siesta, serenityforme, reeny, escapist, frenchpink, and everyone
Old 03-31-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy Easter gang! Midnight, sending lots of luck and good vibes your way. WWG way to go on your 7 days, keep up the good work. Grace, I hope you have a great family day..... I was thinkng today was my 90 days but if I had my last drink 12/31/12, would my 90 days be today or tomorrow? I don't know why I get confused by that...Its the blonde in me .......Tanja, Bloss, Midnight, Grace, Dee,Gilmer,WalkingwithGod,Boozefree,HappyDestiny,T TBAP,Caledonia,Sober1ck and to all the other Undies I might of missed I hope you have a wonderful Easter!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Have a nice day Undies, whatever you are doing!
B
Old 03-31-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

nel ~ I use this to count days. Since I am lucky to have come out of a wet brain, I need all the help I can get with memories..

Cause I don't know about you mind, but my mind , has a mind of its own, and its favorite thing to do is change its mind.. ..
SoberRecovery : Sober Time Sobriety Calculator
Old 03-31-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Having a quick post and a coffee break whilst dinner is cooking.

Good stuff Matthew, keep it going.

Hi Tanja, it sounds a bit more than psychological to me too, sometimes it is such a fob off to say that, it would be a good idea to get your bloods done for peace of mind if nothing else. Its probably nothing drastic but it's well worth getting it checked. There are a few things that can make you feel like that for example thyroid problems ( which I have), anaemia or even just the menopause so go get them checked.
Can you get your hair cut on a Sunday? Don't think we could here. I hope your meeting goes well.

Sober1ck, sorry to hear you had a rotten Good Friday, well it's gone now so don't dwell on it, today's another day.
Great news though that the brain fog has lifted, great stuff that you could remember the piano piece, what a bonus! I hope today has been a good day for you.

Hi Nel, I have a mental block where maths is concerning so congratulations on 90 days, whether it's today or tomorrow, it's fantastic.

You have a great day too Bloss. xxx

HD3, that was very cryptic! Have a good day.

See you all later

Gxxxx

Old 03-31-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sober1ck View Post
I survived the worst day of the year for a church musician, Good Friday. Good Riddance Friday, just about killed me this year. Today will be a snap.

SoberR1ck, don't you like "O Sacred Head Now Wounded?" I've always thought that was gorgeous. We sang a lot of bold, loud, cheery songs today in church. It was great to be able to sing in the choir. I am technically a second alto, but more accurately a girl tenor.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, again, Undies) I hope all of you are enjoying your sober Happy Easter)

My blood test showed some low rate of hemoglobin, though not so low to worry much about it. The Doc said it won't hurt to consult a hematologist. I think to start with I will add to my nutrition some read meat (I very rarely eat it) and pomegranate.

I couldn't thank you all enough for all this support, encouragement, and kind words you gave me today. Thank you so much!

Grace - sorry that some stupid phone call woke you up. I can tottally relate to this panic feeling when the phone's ringing in the night. Enjoy your day with the family) The spring seems to finally come to place too - snow is melting.

WWG - congrats on Day 7! It's the entire week, the first week is the hardest. Way to go!

Tanja - sorry to hear you feel depressed. I hope your Doc will find what causes this and fix it after all. Haircut sounds great - it always improves my mood. Have good time)

Sober1ck - I can relate that the memory and focus is imroving along with sobriety. And thank you for your kind wishes)

Nel - Today or Tomorrow - anyway - huge congrats on 90 days! It's just tremendous accomplishment! Thanks for your good vibes)

Bloss - Hi to you)

HD - My mind is the same way)

Gilmer - thank you) Great that you can sing. I can't carry a tune in a bucket)))

My super best wishes to all the Undies)
Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

MD glad the blood work didn't come back as anything severe, hopefully now you can enjoy the rest of your day!

WWG congrats on a week sober!

I took my dog for a walk down at the beach this morning and now she's laying in bed with me watching tv and hangin out. So glad I don't have to worry about the pressure of being at my dads with all of my step moms side of the fam that I don't even know drinking away. I spent sometime writing in my journal which I haven't done for awhile and got everything together for my first day of classes tomorrow.

Happy Easter Undies!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

Great day making new sober happy memories with my wee family.

Sober1ck Isn't it great to start seeing the benefits of being sober. I love being able to memorise things now with ease, well defo easier than before.

WWG Fantastic acheivment reaching your milestone. How you finding things at the moment? Stay strong and take care.

Just chilling out tonight.

Glad this low mood finally lifted. Thanks folks.

Hope you all have a happy, healthy Easter Monday tomorrow. I'm so sick of chocolate already, kids keep leaving me little tip bits and I just can't resist.

Catch you all later
x
Old 03-31-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody,the sober time calculated 90 days I think I have put on 10 pounds this past week could that be possible? Good Gawd!...lol... I will wait a few more days to weigh myself, back on my diet tomorrow. So happy your results where not bad Midnight. Caledonia,you sound so much better, so happy for you! Boozefree you sound like your having such a relaxing day Well gang my two boys and my brother came over today we did things different this year, I did not feel like the traditional Easter dinner so we made homemade pizza which was fun! Well gang I'm gonna go relax for the night, take care and see ya in the morning. Love & Peace Nell♥
Old 03-31-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi again, all is quiet in the Grace household, fingers crossed it stays that way.
It's been really busy here today for a week end, it's usually very quiet at week end.

Hi Gilmer, if I sang in church I would empty the place within 30 seconds, seriously.

Hi again Midnight, I was thinking about you today so thanks for letting us know how it went at the Doctors. At least it is nothing serious and I'm sure it's something that can be sorted. Having low hemoglobin can affect your mood too, it can make you very tired and down in the dumps, which could explain your black cloud days maybe!
Yes, that bloomin' phone call, I always think something has happened to my Dad, my heart was pounding. Lets hope I don't get another tonight.

B.F you are so lucky to live near enough to a beach to go for walks on it. I would love that. Sounds like you had quite a relaxed day. Enjoy tomorrow.

Hi Nicky, it's wonderful to see you sounding like your old self again. I forgot you bought a piano, how's the playing coming along?
Thankfully, I'm not a big chocolate lover so I haven't had the temptation.

See you all tomorrow

Sleep well

Gxxx

Old 03-31-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hmmm the piano playing......lol It's a bit fustrating I'm trying to teach the kids but I suppose it's like the situation when parents teach their kids to drive...........mayhem.
Hopefully not be much longer until we get a paino teacher though, still on the waiting list.

I love it when I can get it to myself though.

Those latenight [onecalls sure are a heartstopper. Have a good rest tonight Gracey! x

Nighty night
x
Old 03-31-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It was not easy as I always drink at family dinners. But today was different. I didn't, and feel proud.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

That's great, WWG. MB and Grace--God loves a joyful noise! It doesn't have to sound good.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Happy Easter Undies. Lots of great posts here. I wish you all joy, peace and contentment!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Grace enjoy your quite evening!

Nicky good luck with the piano lessons!

WWG great job today!

I am really enjoying this lazy day today! Not sure what I want to make for dinner but other than that watching some movie on lifetime.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Hi Folks,

I've been poking around SR for a few months and never noticed this thread for some reason.

I have had a couple of dry spells so far this year, and today is day 31 for me, first time in 25 years that I have been sober for a month straight!

My goal was to get to 30 days, and 30 days ago that seemed so far away. Now I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do, perhaps I am still in denial.

Somebody posted this alcohol self abuse test Alcohol Abuse Self Test and apparently if you score 8 or over you have a problem with alcohol. I scored 22 yet I am still wondering if I really should be giving up alcohol permanently or not. Maybe another month and then re-evaluate.

I hope everybody had a great Easter, its Easter Monday here in Australia and the sun is shining and I have work to do around the house that I better get to.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Wow...

How can I not be so utterly grateful... To have spent the day with my family which never gave up on me.. Then to my other family AA for a great first lead....

And just to come home and relax, and then come here and read all of your lovely posts..

Just beyond words...

Good night all, sleep well..
Old 03-31-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Awesome D

D