Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 6"... Come & encourage them!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Babs, we miss you in the One Year and Undies. Come and show yourself!
will do-- thanks for the invite.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Just checking

1555 Finally some nice weather.. 50f 10c partly cloudy. Think I'll go out for a bike ride after work.

Just checking in before I leave work for home. I hope everyone is doing well.

Keep up the good fight everyone.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Just saying hello very quickly.

Had a really busy day in work with another 10 minutes to go. Other than that all is well.

I'll call in again tomorrrow for a catch up.

Hi Toots.xxxx

Gxx
Old 04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hi Samitch and others: This is what I've learned:

You cannot wait till you like or respect yourself to stop drinking.
You cannot wait till you think you can do it, or till you're ready, or till you feel like it.

QUITTING drinking CAUSES YOU to respect yourself, GIVES you reason to like yourself, SHOWS you that you can do it, MAKES you ready, and is its OWN reward.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Administrator

If I could thank twice I'd do it for that post EQ.

I thought I had to get better to get sober too - turns out I needed to get sober to get better

D
Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Aw Dee thanks! Its the riddle of sobriety, huh?
Maybe the riddle of life in general. : )
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post

You cannot wait till you think you can do it, or till you're ready, or till you feel like it.

QUITTING drinking CAUSES YOU to respect yourself, GIVES you reason to like yourself, SHOWS you that you can do it, MAKES you ready, and is its OWN reward.
This is great

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

08.10 Wed

Good morning all

In work right now manning the phones and posting inbetween, it's very quiet first thing so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity.

E.Q I can so relate to your post , that was exactly the way I was too, thank you. I'm 8 months sober at the end of this week and I surprised myself the other day when I realised that I actualy do quite like myself now and what's more my quirky sense of humour has returned, I forgot I had one!

So there you go under 30's, if someone like me can make 8 months, you certainly can and believe me it is so worth it in a million different ways.

Love to you all.

Stay safe, clean and sober

Gxxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will make a conscious effort to be agreable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I will improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interrupt when someone else is talking.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post

wow EQ---that was great !!!! thanks.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi all, I've been busy on. The marchers thread, so suffering RSI of the digit! Sounds like you are all doing great.
Grace, believe it or not I finally got offered an appointment at the drugs alcohol unit, what is that a month now? Thank the fates they don't run the Samaritans!! 5 weeks tomorrow and going strong. I hope all is well with you

Be strong be safe be sober
Old 04-18-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

12.55 Thur

Hi all, home alone today and loving it. I've taken a days holiday today and another on Monday to get some work done at home. I've been paining the fence outside this morning with wood rreservative stuff, it's a mind bogglingly boring job, but needs must! I never fail to amaze myself with how much a I achieve now I don't drink, it's a good feeling!

Toots, I can believe that but it is rediculous, suppose you had just carried on drinking until the appointment came through, you could be dead and buried by now, God forbid.
5 weeks is excellent, that's like the whole length of the school summer holidays!! I'll try and p.m you and catch up over the next couple of days, you take care.

Hi Babs, fancy seeing you here.

Samwich, stick with it, one day at a time remember, the more days that go by without a drink, the more your self esteem will grow. I know you can do this, I know because I am doing it therefore you can too.

Hi Dee, E.Q, Harley and Jennie, wishing you all a good day/night. Must go, work in progress!

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Grace...8 months...incredible..

Hope you enjoy your days off and get lots done.

Jim
Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Thanks Jim, it's tomorrow and I can hardly believe it my self. At first the days and weeks seem to go to slowly, but looking back now it's flown by, it that makes any sense at all.
Sobriety is the best thing I have ever done for myself and I have all the people here on S.R to thank for being beside me on this journey.

Gxx
Old 04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Just a shout out to all the 30 and undies!

Keep on going in the right direction, you can do it and you are all worth it!!!!

Stay Strong

Ken
Old 04-18-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Grace

D
Old 04-18-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Grace is right. Sobriety is not only the best thing I've ever done for myself but it is the foundation that allows me to do more great things. As with sobriety I am finding that making changes in myself isn't easy. But achieving sobriety teaches me that great things are not easy : that's what makes us value them highly. They are hard won.

If I build a beautiful house and spend lots of time money and effort on it, but the foundation is really quicksand, well then I will always be paranoid and unstable and all my effort and creativity will slide into the pit and be swallowed up.

Well sobriety has to be my foundation. Or i will always be paranoid and unstable, wont be reliable, and i will lose everything I cherish.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

12 days here. Hardest thing I have ever attempted. No physical issues, but dang I just want to have a drink.... but talk myself out of it. Think about it a lot but know I have to do this. Those I have told about my new journey would be disappointed in me, I can't have that.

Ginger Ale and club soda are my new friends.

I did have a great victory on Tuesday. I went to my favorite bar which is also a great restaurant. I sat with some friends, ate dinner and did not drink. My resistance to temptation is stronger than I thought.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

wow...so much good advice and wise words on this thread. Thank you all.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Good morning all

I've got my usual busy, manic Friday so no time to post. I'll catch up this evening.

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will do something positive to improve my health. If I'm a smoker, I'll quit. If I am overweight, I will eat healthfully - if only just for today. And not only that, I will get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if it's only around the block.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi DrakeCKC, good to see you. What are you doing to help maintain your sobriety other than willpower? There is plenty do support here and also on the April 13 thread, for folk just like you, quitting this month. Sounds like you are doing well, nearly 2 weeks in. Keep it up.

Hi Grace all went ok this am, but exhausted just now, been a roller coaster week. Will probably pm tomorrow. Great going on 8 months, your poster is on my wall!!

Samwitch hope you are doing well.