Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 5

Old 03-21-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

When I lie on my back with my legs in the air(exercising honestly) Molly sometimes rolls on her back & waves her legs as if she is joining in! It always makes me laugh!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just checking in to say i'm still here. Day 19 tomorrow. I also check this first before FB now. I read every day, just don't post a lot. I am feeling good although loving my bed a little too much.....not only is it great to fall asleep and wake up sober, but i'm actually dreaming again, and remembering. I've had a couple of dreams where I am drinking again, I am so disappointed with myself and I feel so depressed........waking up to realise it was only a dream is the best mood booster ever.

It's definitely not all a walk in the park but it's certainly not a stumble in the gutter.

Bed time for me, nite peeps. Have a sober day/night everyone.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Saskia
24/7
Very nearly!!
My lady snores and has a chest infection so am sleeping.....not very well on my armchair....so Im always logged in and have a good read every time I come to....which is often!!
Start my new job next Friday so will be on here slightly less..........but not much LOL
Mick x

Ps Toots cant get the idea of you lying on your back with your legs in the air out of my head!!!
Mick
Old 03-21-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in - day 21 here. Have been catching up on everyone's posts.

JimJim, so sorry you're having a rough time. We've all been worried about you! You seem to be a man of few (but aptly said) words, on SR at least - maybe it might help to have a good old vent on here about what's going on? Of course, that might not be your style at all, just an idea.... I hope thing start looking up for you. We're here for support! Also, I just thought it's worth mentioning since you're from the UK too (and you may already know about this), but through your GP you should be able to be referred for free over-the-phone counselling if you're interested. I had this a while ago for clinical depression and anxiety and it was really helpful.

Jimuk, glad you're hanging in there feeling good again. You too, Chanty!

I had a rough night. My husband was working super late and came to bed at 2am (I never sleep that well until he gets home); then at 2.30am my daughter came to tell me she was sick, and the poor thing continued to be sick every 30 minutes or so until it was time to get up this morning. I stayed in her room with her and now am now completely shattered - I'm not one of those people who can survive on little to no sleep. One thing I am very glad about though: I was sober. I really don't think I could have looked after her properly if I'd been hungover / still drunk from that evening. Anyway, after having been sick about 10 times during the night, she now seems ok and we've been snoozing on the sofa and watching cartoons together. She said a few other kids in her class have been out sick, so maybe a virus is going round....

AV still staying quiet. Thursday night is one of my trigger times as it used to mark the end of my work week, but hopefully with our different routine today the urge won't hit.

Lots of love to all you Marchers - let's stay strong! x
Old 03-21-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Soberenergy!

should be a drink name!
have a
great day all!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Just a quickie as I'm heading to the office. Day 13 and I will not drink today. Have a good and sober day all.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

It has been 3 days since I last had a drink and my throat is still burnt from the amount of vodka I had. Ugh.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Afternoon all late checking in super busy today

What am I on, day 11 now, feeling good, still tired but all is well. My AV has been suspiciously absent these last couple of days (dont worry I know he is hiding in there somewhere)

Will try catch up with the thread later today

Have a good day/night and keep on marching!

AoS
Old 03-21-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm on day 11 too ArgentofSilvae, yay us! And everyone else here too x
Old 03-21-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congrats to you misspond
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

JimJim, I came looking for you and there you were.
Let's hang out here, shall we?
After all, our other Jim is here, too, leading the way.

We can't keep doing this to ourselves, eh?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Good day to all of you lovely Marchers who are proudly holding the banner high!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 16 for this Marcher --sweet sixteen!

Two weeks ago today I still wasn't sure whether my wonderful boyfriend was going to finally break up with me because he couldn't take my drinking any more. He'd been patiently putting up with my vanishing during days-long binges for a very long time.

Physically, I was feeling better at this point following my last binge, but still not 100 percent.

From a physical well-being/drinking standpoint, I feel a long ways away from that day just two weeks ago, which is a good thing.

I was just reading DoubleDragon's opening post in the "Therapy?" thread about how he/she had made it a month or two in past attempts to quit. I don't want that to be me -- I don't want to be sober for a month or two (but CONGRATS to DoubleDragon on continuing to try, which is the most important thing, and on coming here for support!). I want to be sober permanently. I mean I do still have thoughts about wanting to drink on vacations or on this or that occasion, but I think that's almost inevitable and I need to cross those bridges when I come to them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want to get COMPLACENT. I don't want to get a few weeks of sobriety under my belt and then say "Eff it" and drink again.

To that end, I think I need to keep doing what I'm doing with some modification -- giving and receiving support here, taking care of myself, and do a better job of planning my days in advance: "Instead of drinking tomorrow evening, I'm going to plant a pot of pansies/try a new recipe/go to the bookstore or library/write a card or letter to a relative or friend/watch a movie/etc."

Thanks to all of you again for the phenomenal support and encouragement!! And keep Marching!!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 1 again....insanity.... This cycle is ruthless, and it has to change...
Old 03-21-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Keep it up!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Irelander, I've been wondering about you! I'm so glad you're back with us. The past is the past, just don't give up. Lots of support here for you.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Soberjanedoe, congrats on getting to day 3! Sorry to hear your throat still hurts. After one of my last drinking binges my eyelids sort of puffed up and stayed that way for a few days - I try to remember that and the many other bad effects of alcohol when I'm tempted. It does get better, and you're moving in the right direction!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Hello fellow Marchers! I hope you all are well and staying sober

It's Day 4 for me, woo hoo! But the AV thoughts have started to invade I still don't kow what my triggers are - is that normal? I do know boredom is one but I wasn't really bored when the AV started in today.

Trying to stay strong thought. Good luck to everyone!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
Day 16 for this Marcher --sweet sixteen!

I want to be sober permanently. I mean I do still have thoughts about wanting to drink on vacations or on this or that occasion, but I think that's almost inevitable and I need to cross those bridges when I come to them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want to get COMPLACENT. I don't want to get a few weeks of sobriety under my belt and then say "Eff it" and drink again.

To that end, I think I need to keep doing what I'm doing with some modification -- giving and receiving support here, taking care of myself, and do a better job of planning my days in advance: "Instead of drinking tomorrow evening, I'm going to plant a pot of pansies/try a new recipe/go to the bookstore or library/write a card or letter to a relative or friend/watch a movie/etc."

Thanks to all of you again for the phenomenal support and encouragement!! And keep Marching!!
MeSoSober, you sound like you're doing great! Your post resonates with me as I've been trying to work out what it's going to be like as a non-drinker in the long term. It occurred to me it might be a little like being a vegetarian. I decided 12 years ago at the age of 18 to become a vegetarian, and after making the decision firmly in my mind there was the initial adjustment period where I wasn't quite sure what to eat (this was in Iowa; lots of meat-heavy meals) and I felt like the odd one out when going out to eat with friends. After a while your mind kind of adjusts and it becomes your new normal. I rarely think about meat anymore; when looking at a menu I go straight to the vegetarian options. On certain occasions, like on Thanksgiving if I've gone back home to the States, I might feel a tiny bit left out when everyone else is eating turkey, but I prepare my own veggie food and get through it without feeling deprived because vegetarianism is my life-long choice.

Hopefully I can get to the point of feeling the same way about alcohol. Obviously meat is not an addictive substance like alcohol, but I think there are similarities in terms of being a non-consumer of both.

Any other veggies on here who think alcohol might start to seem like meat? I guess it would be different if you were veggie because meat totally grossed you out, but purely as a food product I enjoyed meat just decided not to eat it for ethical reasons. I feel neither repulsed by nor envious of other people eating meat, and hopefully will get that way about other people drinking alcohol at some point.

Hope everyone is having a good and sober day
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!
Some days nice and some not so much. I found out I do not deal with my feelings very well. Pretty much all of them are a trigger for me right now. Anger and frustration are big ones. I've realized I am human after all even though Ive spent years trying to avoid being one. I almost said bleep it last night but instead told myself get on the forum first and then see how I feel. It worked and the bleep it feeling passed. You are all right. Take the option of drinking off the table and ask for help before I take any negative action. I've been going to a women's AA meeting I really like and also went back to my therapist. That's is helping...along with SR and all of you. Mainly though just shutting up and listening to all of you has helped the most.

I do want to say I am sorry to everyone for my selfish posts. I was wrong. Once I shut up and started really listening/reading and stopped trying to fix everybody except myself, I had to face it. Ugh. I really do not like that about myself and I really need to work on that. The truth is I was sad when a lot of you had such a hard time that one weekend but instead of being just sad and helpful to you, I was just selfish and angry. I'm embarrassed.

I sometimes don't know which feels worse. Being a drunk selfish b*tch or finding out I'm still a selfish b*tch sober. I don't have the alcohol to blame it on anymore.

Anyway, thank you all for being here. Your courage and kindness is amazing.