Notices

Class of January 2013 pt 6

Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Dorris big congrats on day 60!!! Awesome work!!......Good morning class, woke up feeling so good, I'm a bit tired but I think man I feel good about life!! I feel different this time around from last year, not sure why...Maybe I am just happy to feel alive...I almost feel giddy, I feel like Scrooge on Christmas morning!...(Not the humbug Scrooge but the happy to be alive Scrooge!!)...lol.....Hopefully I can keep the sober spirit with me always!!......Off to drink some coffee, have a great day class, keep up the awesome work!!...Love & Peace Nell♥
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Bounced you don't need to apologise to me, I was more concerned about how my AV dealt with the news.

Glad your still here with us
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

That blinking AV is telling me it's ok to have a drink, I'm not really going to spend the rest of my life sober for goodness sake, get a grip and chill out, how much harm can it do.

When you least expect it ARRRRRRRHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I went to see a friend this morning and she talked of her weekend she had planned, fabulous restaurant tonight with her hubby and a few drinks at the local, then tomorrow evening she out with her friends.

I want to be able to do that and still be a mum just like she is. It's not fair

I have nothing what so ever planned for this weekend, plain and simple boring

Happy blinking 60 days lol!!

Thanks Rosie for asking after me, how do you plan on celebrating this weekend reaching your 60 days.

xxx
Old 03-01-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reeny View Post

Thank you, Rosieblue. I can understand you not wanting to open up more to your husband but maybe your positive progress will be a good thing for him to hear about, with everything else he has going on. Tough times for him, by the sounds of it.

He's off skiing with his dad for a few days after this duty (skiing is not for me I fell of every ski lift going it was not graceful lol) we are going to theatre end of march think I could mention something then maybe drop in why I don't want pre, interval or post show drinks.

Really don't know how to help his brother he's in his mid 30s now he's got to want it himself last insident he dived into Diana memorial fountain in Hyde Park hardly no water there he hit his head and knocked himself out he came around in the ambulance and threatened to bite the police officer who was with him nose off. Talk about drink in sense out I really hope he can work at this time.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Dorris no plans either

Texed a friend who don't drink much either to see if she wants a Chinese takeaway and film for Saturday night maybe some girly treats thrown in we going to cinema a week Friday and for a meal first so got that to look forward to.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dorris View Post
That blinking AV is telling me it's ok to have a drink, I'm not really going to spend the rest of my life sober for goodness sake, get a grip and chill out, how much harm can it do

Categorically not, Dorris!

I would much rather be celebrating 60 days with nothing to do than 3 days and a flat to paint! You stick with it and tell that AV to push off.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Good morning class

I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. My new laptop is awesome and works at the speed of light (unlike my 10 years old desktop LOL).
I had a good shift last night and got to train a new worker. That was a surprise!! This is the great thing about not drinking, not only was I able to fill in for my friend but when T showed up and told me she was supposed to be training (as usual my freaking boss failed to communicate grrr LOL), I was in good spirit, sharp, not hungover and was able to train her fully and competently.
When I drink, I hate any unexpected change in my schedule and routine.

Congratulations to Nel, Lunetta and Dorris on 60 days

Lunetta, I can relate so much about feeling like a fraud. It was as if I was reading my own words. Considering how much we accomplished while in active alcoholism, in sobriety the sky is the limit.

Bounced, it's so good to see you here and with a positive attitude. You can do it!!!

I wish everyone a good and sober day.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congratulations to so many!

I don't feel like a fraud here, and I truly enjoy and respect all of you and appreciate how valuable this is to me. I am on Day 4 now, and loving it. But I really understand Lunetta's: " I would regularly throw up in the kitchen sink and drink shots or pound wine in my bedroom closet to hide it " - I have been there way too often. And I realize that on a real level I "am" an alcoholic - though, like many of you, I have many drinking friends that would laugh if I told them that.

But I know. I know that every time I've got a chance I'll have a few and then some in the morning and then . . . it does stop before a black hole, but it causes enough disruption that it's not worth it any more.

However, I have a GF who prefers me to cut loose now and then. And it irritates her if I go too long without "relaxing." She joined me for ONE DAY last week - which was supposed to be the whole week! - but it didn't bother me. She doesn't get drunk, just too talkative (but she IS a woman). (Big Smiley Face).

So sorry for the long-windedness here, but now: I made it through last night with kids without drink. It was EXCRUCIATING. And not having a hangover actually made dealing with nasty kids WORSE. But I feel better about it. Pre-teens and teen as hard!

My next challenge is tonight, which shouldn't be too bad, just tennis and dinner with my sweetie, but tomorrow night the neighbors want us over for cocktails - retired cop - which will be a real challenge, and I know I could indulge without drinking Sunday morning - and would entirely avoid any real repurcussions or black hole. But it would be tough to say no.

The mistake I'm not making this weekend: I'm not going to have any booze in house, so that instant "crave" pushed by the AV won't be able to abuse my impulsive side. And I also like the idea of all the wonderful things I can do all weekend if I don't drink at all!

Wish me luck and thank all 40 of you (though only 6 or 7 are dudes) -- but like someone said, that is good, as men aren't quite as empathetic.

(I am though - I still miss FDM).
Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Morning class, along with Nel and Lunetta I am celebrating day 60 (as to are others here)

In the month of March I will try some YOGA to help beat some stress and heal my mind

xxx
Yoga is an AMAZING (and a cheap/healthy) medicine!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Congratulations 60 dayers!!! Awesome

Sending everyone relaxing vibes for the weekend x
Old 03-01-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay strong Dorris - ultimately there's no reason why you can't do all those things your friends do - hang out, go to restaurants etc - we just cant drink.

I have a great happy and sober life. I haven't had a hangover in 6 years - or a week where I didn't know what the hell I'd done.

I think thats a pretty good deal

D
Old 03-01-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

However, I have a GF who prefers me to cut loose now and then. And it irritates her if I go too long without "relaxing."
have you talked to her about this Blond? explained why you're doing what you're doing?

D
Old 03-01-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
have you talked to her about this Blond? explained why you're doing what you're doing?

D
Thanks for asking - yes, and she has quite a bit of experience with addicts. And she has helped me through a couple of years of "bottoms" (relative).
But I don't think she really recognizes how it has progressed and how bad I can get (we all have our ways of hiding the excesses, no?) And I think she subconsciously doesn't want to lose the partner that I am when we are drinking.

So the bottom line is that I think I have to do this by myself, coming from the benefits to myself personally. It's not a situation where we will be really incompatible with her drinking light to moderately and me not drinking, so I'm not worried about losing her or myself changing to the point we don't get along.

I think I might have given the impression in my wordy post that I am *planning* on drinking this weekend - I'm not. I'm looking forward to a Monday which is a Day 7 and as clear-headed and full of energy as I ever have been.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Fantastic! Congratulations to all the 60-day people!
Definitely something to be proud of ...
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post

However, I have a GF who prefers me to cut loose now and then. And it irritates her if I go too long without "relaxing." She joined me for ONE DAY last week - which was supposed to be the whole week! - but it didn't bother me. She doesn't get drunk, just too talkative (but she IS a woman). (Big Smiley Face).
That's tough when you're getting pressure from your GF, blond, but hang in there. And stay strong tomorrow in cocktail hour. I've avoided events like that like the plague - if anyone suggests a meal, I suggest lunch when it's sooo much easier to say no to the offer of wine. Dinners and nights out are really hard for me.

I agree about missing FDM and also Kat - if you guys are out there, you're so welcome back here with us all.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Ignore, ignore, ignore, Dorris! My AV has started talking to me in my dreams so I'm now waking up feeling permitted to drink. Makes me want to avoid going to sleep! I agree with you that it's not fair - where are the 60-day rainbows and pots of gold? I feel fantastic and proud one moment and what the heck (why not have a drink?) the next! Not having grog in the house is a blessing and being able to post here during the arsenic hours is saving me. Thank you, dear Dee and Januarians!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
- where are the 60-day rainbows and pots of gold? I feel fantastic and proud one moment and what the heck (why not have a drink?) the next!
I know eactly what you mean Reeny and like you I am so glad I can post here to help me through a tough hour.

I am glad I never drank last night, but the feeling never left me until I went to bed

Rosie a girly night with a chinese sounds perfect, I hope your friends accepts your offer, if not there is always Ant and Dec

Blond my hubby was a bit like that when I first decided to quit drinking, as much as he agreed I should stop drinking he worried how it would effect our realationship if we could no longer kick back and share a bottle or two. I will admit it was hard work and in a 12 month I relasped 3 times thinking I would be ok.
This time he has been sober with me for the last 4 weeks and he can finally see we still are the same. He is not going to quit drinking, but drink for occassions.

I started a few practice yoga moves yesterday (thanks to you tube) and I'm going to take the children for a bike ride while I run with the dog and practice some more move on my return.

Happy Sober Saturday Class

xxx
Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I am glad I never drank last night, but the feeling never left me until I went to bed
About five years ago, I quit for 6.5 weeks & obsessive thoughts of wine were gone after about week three. This time -- I'm on day 35 -- things are not so easy. There are no physical cravings and I am in no way tempted to drink, but thoughts of wine, wine, wine are taking up a lot of my head space. Hopefully this will subside soon!

Have a good day all, and stay strong!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Dorris great going you can beat that horrible AV

Dorothy I read the Allen Carr book I liked it a lot of it did make sense but I did get shaky right at the beginning when it said dont drink i had to put it down a few times also during reading it, it fed my AV a lot but i think it helped glad I read it. I want to read it again now my brain fog is lifting and some information can get in. I liked the bit about the emperor and his new clothes analogy.

Like2hike (keep wanting to call you Mike lol sorry) love your descriptions about this being a race well before my PB was 2.5 weeks so i have well passed that, still dont know how but you are right this race is endless and very rewarding if sometimes not very hard.

My AV is alive and kicking today too evil little so and so had a good morning too so goodness knows what has triggered it and can scream and shout as much as it likes though not going to drink its just horrible having the unsettled feeling.

Sorted out summer clothes and found a few empties it hit me I was even hiding them from myself they are in the bin now best place for them and my drinking life.

Yoga ok I finally cracked all this talk of it I checked out the "yoga for dummies" dvd that's been in my basket since January ah lets see how bendy I can become.

Hope you are all having a great sober Saturday
Old 03-02-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Liz stay strong tell those thoughts out loud to do one.

Rosie that could not have been nice finding them empties but they have been chucked so don't let them take up any more of your time thinking about them.

lol the bike ride this morning was a nightmare DD cried all the way round but I do think I'm hooked on yoga already after 3 moves, just ordered a dvd and I'm reading loads about it, they all say you need to give it at least 3 weeks before you notice any changes.

I've got 3 weeks, I've got all the time in the world now I'm sober with no plans, may as well as learn something new

xxx