Notices

Class of January 2013 pt 6

Old 03-23-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Like2Hike View Post
I couldn't find any Ontarianisms on google for this post, LizG.
No such thing, L2H. Don't you know that here in Terrono, we speak the Queen's English, eh ...?

A happy weekend to all!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

To cark it is Aussie vernacular for 'to die'
not really crass tho, maybe a little uncouth for some

D
Old 03-23-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Drove past the bottle shop on the way home from dropping my son in town tonight and I changed lanes to pull in! Saturday night, I've done so well, you all know the AV routine ... But I kept driving, don't know why because everything in my head was saying have a drink. Too close a shave for comfort.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LizG View Post
No such thing, L2H. Don't you know that here in Terrono, we speak the Queen's English, eh ...?

A happy weekend to all!
Regrettably I've not travelled up there but have met many Canucks that were good folks. Here in the Deep South we speak our own forms of English. Reckon y'all know what I mean.

Good onya for passing the bottle shop by, Reeny. Cool post you shared, Gilmer. I really hope everyone else is in a good place right now.

I'm coming up on 3 months and starting to feel really well. Because drinking was a part of my life for the last 25 years I don't know what "normal" will be for me. I still have urges and all that stuff but things are improving in all areas so I'll take this as the new normal.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Like2Hike View Post
Here in the Deep South we speak our own forms of English. Because drinking was a part of my life for the last 25 years I don't know what "normal" will be for me.
Know what you mean on both counts. I'm just getting used to the "new normal", and I can say it's less - less anxiety, depression, and laziness. It's a better life.
Best,
W
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

"On my winter break from school last December I got drunk every day. I lost all desire to do anything else but drink; however, try as I would to be drunk all day, the buzz only lasted for an hour, and I was just zombie-like the rest of the day. When it was time to snap out of it and function, I found I couldn't string two thoughts together. I had become a big, useless waste--"

Gilmer, this is EXACTLY how I was at that time except that I was not on school break. I could have written that myself...I am so grateful to be free of the obsession and the compulsion today and I love what Dee said about being sober opening a world of opportunities.
The AVs have been extremely quiet for a while and I have no desire to drink I cannot let my guard though, obviously what I have been doing is working so far and it would be stupid to stop doing it because I feel like a normal person and have no cravings and compulsions, my beast is cunning, baffling and powerful and it could be laying in wait..but I cannot be too fearful of relapsing and paranoid either, the point of recovery is to move on and hopefully improve our quality of life and inner peace.

Have a good and sober week end everyone and for being there.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html

D