Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 11

Old 02-15-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Nicky: I wish I was closer! Sending you strong thoughts, I hate what alcohol does too.
Bloss
Old 02-16-2013, 12:44 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Thanks bloss. I wish you were closer too.
X
Old 02-16-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Nicky,

I hope things are better today. I can commiserate on having an alcoholic spouse and the chaos that it causes. Sending hugs your way
Old 02-16-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Nicky hope this weekend is better. What a tough situation to be in while dealing with your own sobriety.

I was thinking about my sobriety last night after having more cravings yesterday and thinking about what has changed recently and with my aunt that passed then this dog surgery stuff I haven't kept my sobriety number 1. When I make It priority I feel more on track and solid. And reminded myself of why I got sober in the first place after being so tired of feeling like a slave to alcohol buying beer every single day.

I have to run into work for an hour or so this morning and then it's relax mode for me with my dog and probly the pitbulls and parolees marathon.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Well spotted boozefree. I too had a slight thought today. I used to run away in situations like this but not this time however I still feel like running away but thankfully not drinking.

Soberiety first, it's the way we have to be.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Caledonia, my heart goes out to you. Being a mom is perpetual...and for your child to be in any bad situation when you cannot physically be there is torture! Kudos to you for staying strong. A clear head is hard to come by even without alcohol! Stay on the right path...good things happen to good people...hugs...
Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I disappeared for a while because I had no urge to be on this forum. Not sure why but it is what it is. I am happy to say that I am still booze free... I think I am nearing 120 days. I lost count and really don't care anymore because it has gotten so much easier. I don't think about drinking or even want to, I still get small urges but I am having so much more fun being sober these days that I don't want to use alcohol because it will make me less functional.

Anyways sorry that I am not around very often, but like I said I hardly even think about alcohol much anymore. You guys are an important part of my recovery though and I'll try to come around more often!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Joining in! I got clean October 13 2012 and it feels great to be clean and I'm so grateful. I just started doing the steps over since I have a new sponsor. Just bringing up alot I don't want to feel.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thanks you so much Benice for your kind words, no-one said it was all going to be easy. Thankfully easier with a clear head as you say.

Hey Germanos so lovely of you to pop by and tell us all how you're doing. Nice to hear you're still plodding along nicely.

Welcome oocleanchickoo! Love your username. How you finding your recovery? It's a lovely bunch of folk here and look forward to hearing more from you.

I'm just pottering about the house tonight nothing special. No meetings planned this evening even though I could fair just go one but want to just be at home around the kids.

Hope you're all having a happy, healthy weekend.

Catch you all later
x
Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Calondia I hope I spelled your name right hehehe. My recovery is going well for the most part. Going to meetings everyday and working with a sponsor. I feel good things are happening for me but facing my core issues when it comes to my steps is very difficult right now.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies. I had some sleep today, that was good) Though I feel somewhat depressed. I feel like I'm stuck in the dead end and don't know where to move on in my life. It's hight time to move on and shake off this long-term "hibernation". I need some major change to give boost to a new start. I want to feel again, to laugh again, to live again. I felt really bad today, so I thought I could use a glass of wine. It's strange, I thought about it but didn't want it. Like "phantom thoughts" which traces are left in memory.

Nicky - my friend, I'm sorry I wasn't here to support you yesterday. What a tough situation for you and your sobriety. I'm thinking of you and wish with all my heart that this day will bring you some sunshine and peace. Take care of yourself and hold on.

Germanos - glad to see you, Octsobermate and hear that you are doing fine)

Oocleanchickoo - welcome to the thread!

My best wishes to all!

Have a good day)
Old 02-16-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
I feel like I'm stuck in the dead end and don't know where to move on in my life. It's hight time to move on and shake off this long-term "hibernation". I need some major change to give boost to a new start. I want to feel again, to laugh again, to live again.

)
I think this is a good sign Midnightblue. Sounds like you're ready to move forward. What a life we can have without the *demon drink*.

Got some changes to make myself.

x
Old 02-16-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Germanos
welcome oocleanchickoo

D
Old 02-16-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Nicky - sounds like things are calmer, better for you today. Sorry abpout the troubles. Enjoy your kids and relax.

BF - I've been having some cravings this week myself. I have a stressful week coming up and the thoughts of a "relaxing" glass of wine have crept in - like you though - I have reminded myself why I stopped and have worked through the cravings. Hope you enjoyed the Pitbulss & Parolees marathon - I've only seen one or two episdoes. Do you watch Pit Boss, too?

MB - I often feel stuck myself. I think I need a change. I am going to try to find some volunteer opportunity or at least a hobby - I wish you luck in shaking off your hibernation.

Germanos - glad you stopped back so we could "meet"

ooclean - Welcome.

Dee - hope the injury is healing well.

I hope Grace is having a good time on her trip.

tanja, bloss, critica, sober1ck, gilmer, toots, Gforce, Siesta and anyone I neglected to mention - I hope you are all well and having a wonderful sober weekend.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good TTBABP - thanks

D
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

TTBABP I don't really watch Pitboss. Pitbulls and parolees I met all of them years ago and they are all so nice generally do anything for the dogs and I really like their program.

Ugh what is wrong with me. Lonely bored randomly text an Ex saying hi. Our whole relationship was built on drinking and he ended up going they rehab and sober living. These cravings are buggin big time this weekend
Old 02-16-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and stay focused BF - you've come such a long way - keep your footing...
don't slip now

D
Old 02-16-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Try and stay focused BF - you've come such a long way - keep your footing...
don't slip now

D
I agree BF
Old 02-16-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Feeling focused again back on track. This ex I was friends with long before dating and we were just catching up via text and actually distracted me from those stupid cravings so it all worked out. Heading to sleep soon
Old 02-17-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Great stuff boosfree, so happy you're focused again.

TTBABP Thanks but I'm merely putting a face on things for the kids and being a bit selfish in trying to protect myself.
I remeber feeling like you and midnightblue, several times actually. Once is when I managed to get into the kids schools which is a heartwarming wee job and just recently I've taken up the piano.
Good luck in finding something.