Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 11

Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Originally Posted by dickensen View Post
Gilmer,

Getting off the booze is like release from a ball and chain - indeed refreshing.

Amen sister/brother!

All inclusive, eh Grace? That's a temptation I've yet to cross.

I don't know about everybody else here, but I've yet to lose much weight, despite exercising regularly. I'm not all that put off by it, because the combination of sobriety and exercise has given me a ton more energy. It's just that darn AV saying "See Nomis, alcoholics loose a ton of weight when they stop drinking. You haven't, so really you couldn't of had that bad a habit".

Sneaky Beastie.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't lose any weight either Nomis - sadly for the both of us I think only a good diet and exercise will do that LOL

D
Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

bloss You're sooooooooo bad teehheee

Grace Congratulations on your 6 months. That's just fabby!!!

Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I didn't lose any weight either Nomis - sadly for the both of us I think only a good diet and exercise will do that LOL

D
Indeed Dee, and of those two, diet is by far more important. All things in good time I suppose. What can I say, I love cooking with butter and cream
Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Nomis No weight loss here either But gained a heap load of happiness. Keep fighting the AV
Old 02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in before bed

Thank you Midnight, I'm glad to be back posting, I missed it, though I did enjoy my little break, think I was more than ready for one. I'm really pleased with myself for resisting the temptation, though I would be lying if I said it was easy. But like they say, 'no pain, no gain.' I really want this though, I want to be sober, I want to stay sober and I can't bear the thought of going back to the way I was.

Aww thanks Nicky, I missed you too, I did read back a little and saw you had some 'ups and downs' on the domestic front. You and Tanja have my full admiration for the way you both cope with drinking husbands, it's hard enough doing this with a sober one. Glad to hear things seem to be improving. Lots of love sent your way. xxxx How's the piano playing going by the way?

Critica, you did so well there, you should be so proud of yourself. You're going to have your hands full, but you'll cope, give them some ground rules and lots of love and you won't go far wrong.

Thank you so much Bloss, I couldn't have done it without you, all of you. How did you know?

Hi Nomis, good to have you here with our Undies. I struggle to lose weight too, I thought I would have lost loads, but I've lost about 3lbs. I'm not too worried though, I concentrated more on staying sober at first and now I'm introducing a healthy eating plan. We'll get there!

Dee, I think you're right, diet and exercise is the way to do it.

Thank you v. much on the congrats Nicky, thanks for everything in fact.

Night night, sweet dreams

See you tomorrow
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Yeah Grace - welcome back

I would eat the chips too bloss

Hi rest of undies

Must run
Old 02-19-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SIX MONTHS MILESTONE, GRACE!!!

Mammoth's good friend, Batman, stopped by earlier today to help celebrate your wonderfully inspirational sober accomplishment! Way to go, sober sister! Big hugs of love to you.

batman_on_elephant.jpg
Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Grace glad to have you back safe! Congrats on the 6 months!

Siesta happy birthday!

Bloss have fun with the DIY stuff.

I'm super tired after a busy work day. Tv and sleep for me!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Wed 08.20

Morning Undies

It's a cold and frosty one here yet, think it will be nice again later though. I'm in work at the moment sneaking a few posts in, like I do, in between working. I woke up with a headache this morning, hopefully it will pass soon.

Thanks TTBABP, it's good to be back here reading and posting.

F.P hahahah that is just so funny, I don't know where you find them. Thank you so much, that pic has really made my day.

Thank you B.F, how is your doggie doing now? Hope she's getting better by the day.

It's quiet here yet so I'll go and catch up elsewhere and call in again later.

Stay safe and sober my Undies

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Wed 11.50am

Morning Undies

Love the Mammoth FP! Brilliant and how apt for our Grace lol

TTBABP Slow down.........you're almost as bad as Grace and I Have a good day.

Boozefree How you regain some energy.

Just getting ready to head up to the kids school. I just love helping out on a Wed. Really lifts the spirits. Didn't go to my meeting this morning but got some much needed peace and quiet to get on with the housework.

My brothers son is visiting for the week, he's 9 and thankfully mum is on the mend from having pneumonia.

|Can't believe I'm nearing one full year sober, time really has flown by.

Catch you all later
x
Old 02-20-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi Undies. Well another busy day. I already have an energy drink at work waiting for me. Is it too early to already be looking forward to sleep again?

Grace my dog is doing OK. Staples out this past Mon and still not really using the leg which is expected for awhile. Starting next week we get to try a daily 15mim walk and see how she handles it. 3 1/2 months to go of slowly gettin back.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Grace - So glad that you are back. You were sorely missed! Congratulations on 6 months of sobriety7 Thank you so much for the compliment on dealing with a drinking husband. I still need to work on graciously accepting compliments and replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts.

Nicky - I am so happy that you are closing in on one year of sobriety. Do you have plans on how you are going to celebrate? That is a huge milestone and I hope you really reward yourself.

Boozefree - I'm so glad that your dog is doing better. I too can relate to the chronic exhuastion. I really thought it would be better at almost 7 months of sobriety. But, I guess I am still healing from 30+ years of binge drinking.

Wishing everyone a fufilling sober Wednesday!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Quick cheeky check in while I’m on break

Nicky, the elephant pic is fab isn’t it? Hope you had a good day in school, the children here are off this week. Glad to hear your Mum is on the mend and at least she has the summer months ( if we get some) to look forward to. Is your brother’s son staying with you?

B.F, hope your energy levels lifted, I get days like that too, when I feel so tired. Happy to hear your dog is improving by the day.

Tanja, thank you so much, I missed you too. The compliment was sincere, I really admire your strength, both yours and Nicky’s, you’ve both done amazingly well.

Well off I go again to do some more work, only another two hours or so to go, lets hope it passes quickly.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I'm not losing any weight, either. I used to substitute booze for food--I figured if I skipped eating, I would get a more drastic buzz from the alcohol. I just got back from a college visitation day with my son (4th out of 5 children). It was a long drive, but we turned it into a fun road trip and had a blast. The college presentation and tour was very nice--he's decided to go there for sure (they accepted him). i didn't even think about drinking (except for the fact that I checked SR in the morning--then I thought about SR, not about drinking, except by extension).

Congrats Grace. happy belated birthday, Siesta.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

HI Gimer and thank you. I used to do that too, substitute wine for food, what a bad diet I had! Didn't hardly eat then suddenly I'd get the munchies and eat packets of crisps and other junk. I'm eating really well these days in comparison.
Sounds like you had a really good day today, happy memories. xx

Back later.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Congratulations on 6 months Grace!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies!

Grace - Huge congratulations to you on a six months milestone! :day2

Half a year -you rock, Grace!
Taking courage and keeping fire.
You're a bright star of SR space
And the person I do admire)

Boozefree - glad your doggie is doing better. And go easy on energy drinks.

Tanjya - I can hear you about accepting compliments and replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts. It's still too hard for me(( I think it requires every day practice.

To all those who don't lose weight - I'm with you. With all these intensive workouts I still hardly lost a couple of pounds. I don't have much extra weight, but still. I know that's because I still can't control sugar cravings. Like today - I just went wild on cookies and ice-cream. I'm tired of this, so I'm starting a 28-day challenge of strict nutrition plan)

My best wishes to all.

Have a good day)
Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hey Everyone.... I'm going to jump in here since the other thread I'm on is going a bit slow these days. I have 7 1/2 months sober....

Hi BF... old buddy Glad to see you're still around.

Anyway Hi to everyone.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome R4R

D