Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 5

Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi again all, I've had a bit of a busy day so this is the first chance I've had since this morning to pop in. Hope you've all had a good day. Has anyone got any interesting plans for the week end? We're going to a Halloween part tomorrow evening and there is also a bonfire tomorrow very close to where Iive for Guy Forkes night, so there will be lots of fireworks going off this weekend, my poor cats will be doing hand stands. They're terrified of fire works.

Erica, sorry to hear you're still not sleeping. I like being up and having a peaceful hour when the rest of the house is asleep too. That was a very kind gesture you made to our Slim.

WTH, very well done on 30 days, such an achievement.

Hi Apple. jaja. I'm sorry to hear that your job has turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, something better will be waiting for you round the corner, I'm sure. Just bear with it for now, it's a job, it pays the bills!! At least you got a bit of a rest from it!

Slim, it is just wonderful to see you back again, phew, we've been worried. Thank goodness you were one of the lucky ones. How did you manage all that time with no electric and how are you feeling?

Morning Dee. though I bet you're not up yet! Lol.

Still no Steve and we haven't heard from Living Like Gold for a while. Hope everything is okay with you two!

I may pop in again later, if not I'll see you at breakfast time.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by WantToHeal View Post
Hi all! 30 days today! Woot woot! Hope all of you are doing great! Much love and be well!
Congrats on the Month!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Still here guys and still sober....Since I got back from my trip away I haven't had time for anything...I still haven't made it to the gym,I'm not eating properly,I'm constantly tired and my headaches are still bugging me...It seems like I cannot get back into my old routine,I used to enjoy eating lots but now it seems like a chore,hopefully it'll all come good when I get back in the gym on Monday...I'm still struggling with tiredness,I am still taking vitamin B complex,I have tried coffee and also tried drinking more tea but I am still so bloody tired....Also my AV is telling me it's Ok to drink again and for some reason it's telling me to start smoking again(I quit the cigs the same day as booze)....I really don't know whats going on anymore,everyday just seems like a struggle to stay sober....Enough of me banging on....Take care....Steve....
Old 11-02-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi Steve

I'm so, so glad to see you hear, I've been worried about you. You sound a bit down in the dumps actually and maybe if you still feel the same after the week end you should pay a visit to your doctor. It wouldn't do any harm would it? The A.V tends to attack strongly when you are a bit under the weather and vulnerable, it thinks you are weakening. Don't let it win, Tell it to stuff off! You've worked so hard and come too far to let it slip now.

Stay strong mate, you know where we're up to on Tuesday????
Old 11-02-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi Grace...I don't even know what day we are on anymore,It really is a struggle and a chore trying to stay sober at the moment...It just seems like I'm thinking about drinking quite a lot this week and also the week I was away...I have since found out that the week I was away,my friend was sneaking drinks as he didn't want to drink around me...That also made me feel a little bad.....
Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi Steve, stick with it. It seems particularly hard at the moment but it won't be that way for too long - it will pass. Like grace said, perhaps go see the doc. Nurture yourself. Maybe they'll suggest something or maybe they'll reassure you you're ok. Either way it will help you bypass this road bandit.

In the meantime post here, keep browsing, vent about anything you want and stay sober with us. You're amazing for achieving what you already have. Xxx
Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

Steve remember last time you had a mate over and you went a bit doolally for a day or two after it was all over...might this be that same thing, with the same kinds of reasons?

D
Old 11-02-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Slim

and I was up, Grace - but @ 6.08 am? just barely lol

D
Old 11-02-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi again 21.40

Steve, I'll tell you on Tuesday then! You definitely sound a bit depressed to me, not that I'm an expert in the matter, but this just doesn't sound like you, so have a good think about going to see the Doctor. You've nothing to lose.

Another thing, maybe it is too early in your sobriety to be in such a close confine as someone's house, where there is just a few of you, lots of booze and only you not drinking! It's quite a big deal really. I'm not too sure if I could have another couple in my house with them and my other half drinking and getting giddy and me sat there like a wet lemon. If your friend had to sneak drinks while you were there, it sounds like he himself has a problem, but that's his problem not yours. I know you've known him years, but at this moment in time your sobriety is more important than anything. Maybe you need to distance yourself for a while!

I've never asked before and I don't remember you saying, but does your wife and family support you with your giving up alcohol?

You've worked so hard to get yourself fit, build yourself up, all that work at the gym, those long walks with Troy, all the good high protein food, it would be such a shame to let it go now and who would I have to nag if you did? Poor WWG in the September class would be getting the full force of my interference and you wouldn't wish that on him surely!!!

Go back and read some of your early posts and then some of the posts you made when you were feeling on top form. Keep posting, let off some steam, p.m me or any of us at any time, but stay strong. I just know you are capable of doing this!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

buenas noches Apple. xx

That was an early morning Dee.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

not for me Grace - I slept in LOL

D
Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Hang in there, Stevie!!! You have to do it for you, but I want to tell you that you have been such an inspiration to me. Day in and day out you suit up, show up, and do what you need to do to remain sober, without making a big deal out of it. You have supported each of us when we needed it. Now, your words seem to indicate that you may need a little help, and we're here to help you carry the load if you let us. Much love and be well!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Goodnight all - Like Erica, I never seem to sleep well am chronically tired - so I am turning in early tonight in perpetual hope of sleeping through the night!

Stay strong Steve! You can do this...and I agree with Grace - be kind to yourself and perhaps see your doctor.

Congratulations WTH on Thirty - you too are a inspiration.

Slim - so glad to hear from you as well and back online with heat and power!

Dee - love the word "Doolally" - my vocabulary is expanding with interesting words.

Applecrumble - hope your head feels ok - concussions, even old ones can be tough. Stay strong with the work situation - it sounds like you are making lemons out of lemonade.

xo Pan
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Slim, it's great to hear that things aren't too bad where you are. Always a relief when the power comes back on.

WTH--Congrats on 30 days! You're rocking!

Apple, sorry to hear you've not been feeling up to par. Concussions are scary things--take care of yourself, please.

Steve, so glad to hear from you, but sorry you're not feeling so good. Your AV is bugging you so much because you're tired, I think. We all remember the temporary boost the empty calories gave us, but don't let yourself give in to the Big Lie. I hope you'll see your doctor. And ask her/him to run a complete thyroid panel on you. Hang tough, buddy. You're worth it.

Thanks, Grace, for sharing the story of your son's family living in Madrid. I hope your grandson will retain his ability to speak Spanish. It would put him ahead of the game later in life. And I admire you for studying up on it. I wish I knew more than I do, especially since we have so many folks here who speak it.

Erica, sorry your sleep hasn't been better. I keep thinking it's got to turn around for you any time now.

Pan, thanks for catching us up with you! I'm glad you were just busy, but you were missed. Here's hoping a good sleep for you and Erica both.

Bruce, I'm so glad you're all right. My cousin hit a deer once--totaled her car, and she ended up in the hospital. I think you were fortunate.

Dee and everyone, have a great weekend. I'm working, but I've had several days off and am ready to get back at it. What, did I really say that???
Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi everyone,

We are back online! I read 3 Dean Koontz books and had to hunt down a dictionary in actual book form to look up the word "misanthrope" while offline. It was awesome.

Day 75 and onward through the fog. Though the fog has lifted a bit. Tonight we went trick or treating and the walking and wind were invigorating for a little while though we cut it short and trick or treated the grocery store candy aisle.

I have called my sponsor every day, well called, texted or emailed her. I get now that it's not about control or subservience; it's about establishing relationships. Since we talk every day one way or another, if a crisis should arise it will not be a stretch to reach out. Aha.

Otherwise going to meetings, some good, some bad, today I visited my former AA home group to return a book I had borrowed last spring and was pleasantly surprised to find one of the women with whom I had been friends was the speaker. Good to touch base as I had just dropped off the earth as far as they knew.

Yes I am a domestic goddess and true to my throne made some lasagne with pepperoni sauce today that was pretty good. Halloween candy for dessert.

Sunday is the monthly Area meeting where the reps from all the local meetings in the area convene. There are meetings beforehand of the H&I, PR, and another one I can't think of right now, and I intend to check it out.

I am thrilled to get my netflix back and going to watch a movie.

Night all,
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you stairs

we continue here, gang:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3653982