Class of August 2012 Part 6

last part is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

carry on guys

D
Old 11-03-2012, 01:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ooo first!

Great to hear from you stairs! It's amazing what we can do and appreciate when not drinking.

Steve, hope you're ok - keep posting

Went to A hotel the other weekend where our options for food were to sit in a variety of bars. I reacted so badly. I was with my boyfriend and starving so just was really scared and irritable, running from place to place being dissatisfied with every possible seat. Eventually I sat somewhere And ordered the most complex and interesting array of food just to entertain myself haha! Then i Just went upstairs to bed at 5pm kind of resenting the fact that my boyfriend could spend his evening in the bar. I was with my boyfriend so could get away with acting a bit annoying and childish but if I was trapped there with other people, it would have been a much bigger challenge.

BUT I made it through those times and all in all had a brilliant weekend for one reason only: I was not drunk or hungover at any point.

This weekend I'm staying safer ... At home not encountering too many challenges in regard to sobriety. Clock up another couple of days.

Stay tough everyone xxx
Old 11-03-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Another day starting here,well not just starting as I have been up hours...Gonna try and snap myself out of this slump I am in....Many thanks for all your posts of support,especially Grace who's posts always manage to sort me out,Dee who is always in the right place at the right time and a special thanks goes to Wanttoheal,your post really hit home,Yeah I gotta do what I gotta do to stay sober,so I will.....Gonna take the wife and kids shopping soon and whilst I'm there I'm gonna check out a new gym just to make it's got all the equipment I need ready for Monday....Gonna try and chillax this weekend then hit the gym hard on Monday....No fireworks displays for me this weekend as I need to stay home cos Troy is sh1t scared of fireworks and always goes mental when they are going off....Right gotta dash,once again many thanks for all your support guys and gals,it means a lot....Take care....Steve....
Old 11-03-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're coming out of your funk Stevie. That's great.

Have a great sober weekend ya'll.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Steve. I hope you have a lovely day with your family.

Bruce, we are almost at 90 days. Can you believe it?

I ended up in the urgent care clinic yesterday. I messed up my arm pretty good last week. I thought it was a bruise and would get better. However, it kept getting worse. Yesterday I picked up a new fish (Fenway, the red Beta fish) and when I picked up the container, my arm screamed in pain. I almost dropped poor Fenway. After the kids got home I headed out to get it checked out. X-ray was negative for a break but the doctor thinks I have tendonitis, soft tissue damage and possible Carpal Tunnel. So I am in a splint and have to follow up with an orthopedic doctor next week. The doctor talked to me about pain meds but I explained that I was early in recovery and did not want anything. She complimented me on my honesty and wished me well. Pretty cool.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all, first chance today I've had to get on here. I've had quite a busy morning really, we went into town, hired our little g.son a big pedal car sort of thing, that he could be strapped into and pushed round. Only £2.50 for 2 hours and it kept him contained and kept him quiet, so it was well worth it. Other than that, just the usual, washing, cleaning, cooking etc,etc. Got the Halloween party at about 18.00 so he should be well shattered by tonight. Me too!

You did well in the hotel Apple and I'm pleased to hear you ending up having a good time. I could do with a holiday, may look at going somewhere warm in February or so for a week. It would be something to look forward to.

Hi Steve, it's good to hear you sounding a bit more like your old self. I can't cope when you're full of doom and gloom. I hope you will have a think about the Doctors if you're still feeling so tired after the week end. I'm Sh1t scared of fireworks too, never mind my two cats, I hate them with a passion ( right killjoy me!). The bonfire near our house is on tonight and I am so glad I will be out, hopefully it will virtually be over when we get back.

WTH, that was a good post there for Steve, you have such a way with words.

Hi Bruce, hope you're well.

Erica, what are you like? It's one thing after another with you. Tendonitis is really, really painful, I had it in my wrist last year and just the slightest turn of my hand had me in agony. Hope it heals soon, try and rest it as much as you can, easier said than done I know, with three children.

Anyway, I need to go and wash my hair now, but I'm sure I'll be back later.

Stay safe and sober
Just for today I will do each task to the best of my ability
Old 11-03-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Stevie...glad you are feeling a bit more centered and optimistic this afternoon. If my post helped you in any way, well, I just look at that as a small way to give back the abundance that I've been given. I may never fully repay that debt, but it feels nice to try.

These last two days have been very moving and humbling for me. I got to announce my thirty days to my home group yesterday, to a very special round of applause from people, many of whom have become good friends to me, as well as critical pieces of my support network.

For purely selfish reasons (I need to do a better job of checking that), I was a little bummed that I was going to have to wait until the end of the month to pick up my 30-day chip. The small town I live in only does medallion meetings once per month, and I just fell short of October. But I will say this, the desire chip I picked up a while back is an important part of my recovery. I carry it everywhere I go, and look at it or even hold it, reflect on what it means to me, when I need a little boost.

So imagine my surprise when I go to a meeting this morning and announce my 30 days when they call for anniversaries. I get another round of applause, and we jump into the substance of the meeting, which is open discussion on "it gets better" (very timely and topical for me). Part way through the discussion, one of the good friends I've made in the program slips me a 30-day chip...not just any 30-day chip...HIS 30-day chip.

For a brief fleeting second, I felt guilty and didn't want to accept it. But how do you turn down a beautiful gesture like that, from a genuinely good person? I couldn't do that, selfish though that inclination may have been. But I will tell you this, I am absolutely floored. Still moved to tears, and it's four hours after the meeting ended.

So it's with extreme gratitude in my heart that I check in with all of you today, and wish you much love! Be well!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just gotta say Our class and everyone in it is fantastic and I really don't know where I would be without you guys and Dee....You all kick ass......
Old 11-03-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

LOL Grace, it's been a wacky few months here. Normally things aren't this crazy in my life. I feel like the universe is just challenging me since I decided to be sober. No worries though, I'm just gonna keep on truckin' along.

WTH, love that a friend gave you his 30 day chip. How cool is that.

Pretty quiet in here, I hope everyone is having a fantastic Saturday.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
HFA

@stairs ''We are back online! I read 3 Dean Koontz books and had to hunt down a dictionary in actual book form to look up the word "misanthrope" while o. line. It was awesome.''

One of my favorite words of all time. Been told that's me, and I have to agree. I belong to a local misanthrope group, but no one comes to the meetings. :-)
Old 11-03-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

^ lol

D
Old 11-03-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi all, back from the party and a good time was had by all, my friends know how to give a good party. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. It ended with a firework display which must have cost a small fortune ( I watched it through the window)

WTH, I really enjoy reading your posts. I love how enthused you are now. Your friend must think very highly of you to give you his 30 day chip, what a lovely complement he paid you there.

Hey Steve, I just love kicking ass! So you just watch out. Lol.

Erica, life probably was crazy, my life is crazy, but I didn't notice how much because I was blotto most of the time, in my little wino bubble. You keep on truckin'

Stairs and HFA I'm going to have to google that word now, I've never heard it before, I don't think. Your sounding better now HFA, how's it going.

Stairs I missed replying to your post earlier, sorry. I bet you're so glad you're back online. You sound happy with life at the moment. All good stuff.

Going now to catch up on my other posts before bed. I may see you later, if not I'll see you all here tomorrow.

Night night and be careful out there.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Well I relapsed. There's no easy way to say this. It sucks because I feel like I'm becoming one of those chronic relapsers. And yes, I totally stopped working my program right before it happened. I came here to Atlanta had a drink my first night here. 1 drink. Had a massive headache the next day but forced myself to get up and enjoy some sights. I've been feeling "off" ever since. I had another 2 drinks the next night, did not finish either and was drinking ridiculous amounts of water trying to compensate for the headache I was hoping to avoid. Drinking even in its smallest form puts me dangerously close to a lifestyle I want no part of anymore. I am unhappy and I have to tell you I think I was happy in some form when I was working my program. Yes I feel like well look at me not even finishing my drinks, but I think that would wear out as soon as I got home and knew how to get home blindfolded you know. I don't want this unhappiness and this lazy, half stepping attitude about working my AA program has got to go. I did complete my weeks homework while here and all else aside I love Atlanta, I would've enjoyed it much more with my baby and some friends. I know I need a strong spiritual program that is the only way for me. I start my new job on Monday working less hours so I won't make any grand resolutions but I just hope and pray that I get my ass to work the program like i've never worked it before.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
HFA

LLG6 I'm so sorry. Having relapsed after some time under my belt, I feel your pain. Learn from it and do even better this time.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone! Wanted to get on here and post. Even tho I don't post often I read here every day.

Well, we put our house on the market in mid-October and we got not one, but TWO above asking price offers!!! The first offer fell through and now we are set to close on November 19th with the second offer folks. I am beyond excited! These past 7 months since we bought our new home and got our old house ready to sell have been grueling, to put it mildly. My husband and I have been arguing more than usual the entire time due to the stress and fighting is a huge trigger for me. So needless to say I am looking forward to having only ONE house to take care of and a lot less arguing.

You guys take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cheers!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

I belong to a local misanthrope group, but no one comes to the meetings. :-)
Hahaha, good one, HFA!

LLG6, sorry you drank in Atlanta. But you are being honest about it! And, sure sounds like you were miserable doing it. Onward and upward!

Grace, the party sounds fabulous.

Steve, you are pretty kick ass yourself.

Ebshot, sorry to read of your arm pain and hope it passes quickly.

PippoR, wow congratulations on the closing!

Apple, thanks it's good seeing you too! Glad you made it through the dining ordeal.

WTH, that is so sweet about your friend giving you their own chip.

Hi Bruce and Dee

Today I spent four hours schputzeering through several department stores.
I got a shiny new spatula and a winter coat for Sweetie. I get so distracted by all the wonderful Stuff and the Great Deals. It's not like I sit at home thinking boy I wish I had this that or the other thing- I have all I need and am pretty okay overall normally, but! when it's all laid out so nicely and such great deals!! ..argh! The shopping bug starts nibbling on me.
Had to keep pulling out my list to focus on the reason I was there. So I did well having money in my pocket and not blowing it on impulse buying.

Okay time for a movie. Nite all.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

01.55 Sunday

Well I'm here again. Went to bed shattered and now I'm up again because I can't get to sleep.

LLG, I'm really, really sorry to hear about your relapse, I feel your pain. I also really admire you for being so honest and having the courage to face up to what's happened and start again. That takes some guts and proves what a strong woman you are. There is no point in punishing yourself for what's happened, learn from it, draw a line under it and move on. Get back into your programme and take each day as it comes. Good luck for Monday and love to your baby boy. Be kind to yourself and please post as often as you possibly can.

Hi HFA, good to see you're still keeping strong. Stay with it!

Hi Pippo, some good news there for you, no wonder your excited. You should be all sorted just in time to enjoy Christmas. I bet that will be like having a weight removed from round your neck!! xx
Old 11-03-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

LLG, I'm sorry to hear that you relapsed. But a huge congrats for coming here and being honest about it and realizing what you need to do to address the problem. Don't dwell on the past but certainly learn from it and forge on toward your goals.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you slipped LLG but I'm glad you're back...

Commitment's really vital I think...the time I don't feel like working on my recovery is the very time I need to

D
Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Dee - thank you for starting a new chapter in our class thread and thank you Apple for the first post! sorry you had such a time in Atlanta but it seems like you persevered very valiantly.

LLG - the great news is you are back and as HFA wisely said - learn from it and move on. It can and will get better.

Erica - ouch! Hope you are on the road to healing! I am still recovering from my time in the cast and can sympathize.

Slim - I love retail therapy, don't you!?! I may rival you in kitchen utensils and I always find the need for more..

WTH - your story tonight was truly moving and I am so happy you have found fellowship/friendship and support - that is truly a gift.

Spent the day on the baseball field today watching my son play...even though it was a freezing/frigid 37 degrees F - I managed to sunburn my face...not all of my face, mind you but just the left half.....not sure how this happened....but needless to say - I look very silly right now.

Wishing everyone a good night -

Xo Pan