Notices

Class of July 2012 Part 5

Old 11-20-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Are you accepting new members?

Should have joined this thread from the beginning but only posted in the beginners forum. Going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment and could do with some support from friends at the same stage of sobriety.

Julynine
Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

better late than never julynine - welcome!

D
Old 11-21-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

I have been spending a week working with the SMART tools and website, but wanted to check in to say all is well. Sending good thoughts your way! - Mel
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Welcome Jul!! The more the merrier.... at least the more the more conversation at times

Busy day today.

But I'll write more later.... I promise.

Remember we are JULIANS and WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Im trying hard not to worry about staying sober over the holidays....it's just another day...right? I am concentrating at one day at a time and if the mental obsession comes into play I drop to my knees and ask HIM to remove the thought! I am very blessed with some wonderful new friends who are just like me! I know no matter what...I cannot take even one drink! right now I'm more sad than anything because I always feel lonely at the holidays...even though I have 2 beautiful kids and a great husband....I'm learning that it's okay to be sad, to relax and take it easy....to not have to always do everything all the time
Old 11-21-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Glad you got here Julynine! Jump right in, very nice group of people here

Dee, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and the other stuff you're dealing with. Some times are just so much harder than others.

Lauren I think it's normal to feel happy and sad over the holidays. They are a time of celebrations, but also of remembering holidays from years past, missing people, and too many Hallmark commercials telling you how it's supposed to be. I agree, it's time to learn how to slow down! (she says after spending 10 hours in ER with mom,shopping for T dinner, cooking until 1:00 a.m. and making party favors lol)

I can't begin to tell you how much I wanted to drink tonight. More than since the day I quit. I wanted to escape, mom stayed overnight in hospital so I didn't have to worry about her, and my friends were partying-it was like the Perfect Storm for a relapse. Thinking of SR was the main thing that stopped me so thank you all!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone whether you're alone or with people. I'm thankful for all of you
Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm moving through things I think, Free Fall - thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

D
Old 11-22-2012, 03:05 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Dee, I'm sorry to hear about your friends.
I hope Mrs Dee get better soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

I don't have time, unfortunately. I'm alright. The past days have been tough. I've decided to quit the band next year. I don't know yet what I'm gonna do. Things are a bit confused and I'm very anxious but also relieved to have made this decision. I'm looking for something, I don't know exactly what it is, but if I don't do it, all I do will slowly lose its sense. I've already lost contact with the beauty and sense of what we are doing as a band... I don't wanna spoil that, and the relationships I have with my bandmates, whom I truly love.
So we'll see.

I hope you're all good.

Mel, I think it's a very good idea to stay away from live music for a while if you can! I'm planning to stay away from "public" music for a while, so I think I get you.

Have a good day or night guys. Sober is the new cool!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

It's a new day dawning for you Sentso. Cut yourself some slack and go easy. You're finding who you are. And I for one, think who you are is pretty dang OK! But you have to realize that. It's hard to grab ahold of the new when you're still holding onto the old. Sometimes, we have to let go of the old and make that 'leap of faith' to grab the other trapeze. Don't worry, we're here to make sure you don't fall.

Dee. Considered yourself hugged and loved!

Lauren... one day at a time... one minute at a time... one second at a time. They all work! And HE always works. Don't give up or give in. You can do this... you are a winner. You are a JULIAN!
Definitely ok to be sad (what?? coming from me???) Yeah, I felt a whole range of emotions crying my heart out last night at a church thing that I wasn't going to go to. Almost hyperventilated again, but allowed more healing to get in and more trust in the family of God that He's put me with for right now.

FF.... Read my lips.... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT STORM. It devastates everything in it's path. Think seltzer water with natural flavor.... mmmmm good. No puking, no hangover, no guilt, no death. Only life.... and some carbonation

Oh, and sorry.... welcome J9.... didn't see you hiding up there Join in the fun... the road isn't easy, but it's worth it. Especially when we have each other!

Hi Mel! Everyone else. gotta go do a 4-mile run for the homeless.... have a greatful, thanksgiving... even if you don't celebrate it.... there's life to celebrate.

Be thankful for something today!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm off to bed - time for a new thread
we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D