Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 2

Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Sitting on the deck drinking Pumpkin Spice coffee, and reading a Thor comic book on my tablet. Wife is having an IPA, but I have interest. She will have one and I none, and that is just fine. God Bless all of you.
That's great, WWG, take it one day at a time!
BTW, the chain gang was fun, though my boy's team lost. Great night for 7th grade football!
Then I went to an AA meeting and listened to a great speaker. Now tonight I feel refreshed and rejuvenated!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Good evening all - my day 4.5 coming to a close. (I had my last drink Friday at noon, so I will count the half day.) Looking forward to getting to 1 week now. Overall not so bad, had to surf a couple craving waves but they passed. I had tried 3 times and failed prior to finding this site and I had the dates circled on my calendar. This time feels different and I marked the date with a square instead. Hopefully 9/8/12 will be my date from now on!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hey class! Love how many posts this class is getting! Again I have tons of pages to read up on since I last was on here so I will have to catch up tonight! Another sober day, had cravings for a min or so then was able to quickly snap out of it. Really trying to slow down my thinking and just focus on each day and not get too ahead of myself. hope everyone is doing well
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

SFMS & WWG I am huge law & order SVU fan! love stabler and olivia!! I am also watching the marathon this evening before I go to sleep!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ideatrack View Post
Just thought I'd check in. Day 6 here for me. Every night I have had trouble sleeping, and ALWAYS have woken up in a chilling cold sweat, especially all throughout my legs. Except last night that was combined with HORRID nightmares. It caught me completely off guard because I NEVER get nightmares (at least when I was drinking). I"m sure this is a part of the withdrawal, but has anyone else experienced these?
Yes when getting sober this time and in the past I have gone thru having nightmares in early sobriety as well as drinking dreams. Ive read in the past in other threads that it is pretty common.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

how are we doing, september???!!??
Old 09-11-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Marjoram don't give up! I'm actually proud of you for stopping at four! I'm sure I would've said "screw it, I messed up, might as well get wasted now.". So good job the, and good job for coming on an posting and giving it another go. This is my fourth try at sobriety in four years. Almost to day 8. No real advice since I'm so new at this myself. Just know you always have this wonderful place to go to where there is no judgement only encouragement and understanding.
Just got back from my third AA meeting in four days (missed yesterday due to a wildfire!). Goodnight all my friends.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hang in there everyone....good night! On to Day 8....
Old 09-11-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Day 7 is done! I've made it a week! Thank you to this site and god. Today I went and spent money i normally would have on booze on stuff I needed for my apartment instead. Strange how money doesnt mysteriously disappear this past week
Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Love all your stories and the wonderful support network here. The more I read, the more I get out of this site. It's starting not to just be words on my screen but something I can feel a connection to.

Just starting Day 4 here. I haven't gotten to day 4 in a long, long time. Normally I cave on 2 or 3. Funny though, I'm not feeling elated like I did the last few mornings. I've been waking up feeling hungover and I know my poor body is detoxing but I'm impatient to feel better! Everyone at work seems to think I'm on a bender each night because I look like **** in the morning. If only they knew!

Anyway, best of luck to everyone. I hope we all stay strong. xx
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hey elihoping, well done on day 4 that's awesome. Give it a couple more days and your colleagues will be envious of the new you. My GF commented on how sparkling and blue my eyes look now whilst we were out walking, even my skin feels better already and that's on day 11. Another week you will feel brand new and knock em all dead.

Have a great day Eli. :-) X
Old 09-12-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I feel great today, alive again. Which is great but worries me because when I felt this good before its short lived and then a massive downer. Hoping my new found sobriety will keep me up or not let me go so far down as before.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Fdm

Dawn of Day 7. Another pretty good and productive day at work. I will admit though, that I had a bout of sadness last night, longing for a beer. I have plenty to keep me occupied, but I was just sorta "bored" and melancholy.

That hasn't happened to me before. It was very odd. I need to do some thinking today on why.

I began to analyze late last night, though. I have never been diagnosed with OCD, but I have every classic tell, from checking locks on doors and the stovetop being off, and I am a creature of habit. I can, and feel like I have to do certain things t certain times every single day. For example, I "have" to eat oats and salad every day. If I go without, it's almost tragic in my mind.

I know that sounds crazy. I think what I need is a day of shaking up the routine.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:38 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Good morning friends and congrats to all the success going on here!

Dawn of day two. Plan to do lots of introspection today.

Have a wonderful day/night in sobriety. I'll be checking in often!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Day 6 and feeling good. Hope everyone has a wonderful sober day!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Good morning all, on 15 and feeling great, so pleased that I have made it through some very close call cravings.
Elihoping..I know what you mean...the first few days, I think we are so in awe of how good we feel after feeling like cr*p for so long, that we do feel elated. But, as our mind and body get used to sleeping and waking up without alcohol, we begin to forget how awful we felt when we were drinking, and feeling good becomes "normal", therefore, we aren't so elated anymore. Make sense? Anyway, that's how I am.

And be careful, because when the elation dissipates and life just becomes life again,that's when you could be faced with your "voice" telling you it's ok to drink again.

I'm no expert, with my measly 14 days, but that's how it is for me

Good luck to all, stay strong!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Morning all,

Day 4. Thought briefly about whether I wanted to drink several times yesterday, the response each time was "nah." Except for one delightful moment when my response was, "Why would I want to do that?" Funny. I'll take it.

I like avrt. It makes sense to me. With this approach, I'm not "supposed" to count. But I'm not so hot on dogma neither, so I think I'll go with what makes sense to me personally. Count success because it maters, use the wisdom of those who have gone before me because it provides insight.

In the end, it all comes from within.

Have a great day/evening, my august companions!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Today is day 3 for me, and I slept like the dead lasts night. Feel like I could just sleep and sleep. Can't remember when I have gone a full 3 days in a row, so very proud for the small things. I hope everyone has a nice day today.
See you guys later, Evan, U will check in later because between 5 and 9 are my hardest hours.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi I'm new here.

I don't know if I'm posting to the right thread?
I Have been dependent/ addicted on The painkiller Tramadol for 4 years now.
It started when I first took one of my bf for a headache. It made me feel so happy and energetic. I eventually started taking them everyday. Then started takin more and more to fell the same 'high' now I take them to feel normal. If I don't have them I get a really bad headache have no energy. Literally I can't walk up the stairs. I cry am bad tempered and my legs ache like crazy.
I steers buying them off the Internet this year and its costing a fortune. Also I'm taking way more than I should.
Yesterday I had 12 on one day for the first time. I felt so bad about it.
I just want to stop taking them. I don't want to die. I don't want to fell a slave to the pills any more. All i think of is pills I even dream of them. I'm so scared of running out cos of the withdrawal.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Good morning to all you Septemberites.

I've just popped in quicky from the August class to wish you well. Looks like you have a very supportive group too.

Special hello's to W.W.G, Soberformyson ( I can so relate to your posts) and FDM.

Keep strong, stay focuse and stay sober.

We can do this

Big hugs

Gxx