Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 3

Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi my buds Haven't posted for a while - that's actually a good thing, lol! Been doin good. Got a BIG weekend goin on (mine and my friend's b-day, my hunny comin into town) so probably gonna be gone for a little while. Gonna hit some meetings, even! Life is good. Don't forget me when I'm gone :p Love y'all! Keep it goin!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Day 28 just starting....Yep 4 whole weeks again....Many congrats to grace for hitting the same sober time...Another 4 days and it will be a month....Just slurping down some tea and then I'll walk the dog...My toothache has gone there's just a gaping hole where my wisdom tooth was,hopefully that will soon heal up....Anyways...I hope everyone has a great sober weekend and I'll check back in later...Take care....Steve...
Old 09-15-2012, 12:00 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go Stevie

D
Old 09-15-2012, 12:14 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody,

Just logging in quickly as I've got a busy morning ahead, need to shovel some breakfast down the little one, who isn't the worlds' best eater, then pick my mum up for the usual Saturday morning grocery shop. I didn't sleep brilliantly again last night, with my leg aching and stuff. The weather doesn't look very promising again, all grey skies and quite cold too.

Thanks for all your congrat's messages. Can't believe how fast these 28 days have gone. Woohoo Steve!

Panacea, I hope you managed to get some sleep, sounds like you have a busy day ahead too. Hope the baseball tournament goes well for your son and the weather is kind to you. Enjoy your day.

Nuway, you have a good day too, stay strong!

LLG, aww 4 months old, bet he's really cute now, he'll be all giggly now and taking notice of all going on around him. Makes all the difference too, finding a good nanny that you can trust, that makes life a bit easier doesn't it? It's good that you're becoming more independent, you'll get there!

427, good to hear from you. Have a wonderful few days and pop in to let us know how you're doing whenever you get chance.

And Steve, glad your mouths a bit better, watch out for any broken bits of tooth that may start working there way out, that can be sore.

Hope you all have a great Saturday.

Catch up soon

Big hugs

GX

Just for today I will excercise my soul in three ways. I will do someone a good turn and not get found out. If anyone knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do, just for excercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt, they may be hurt, but I will not show it.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:28 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Congrats Steve and Grace - 4 weeks

Hope everyone else is doing well and has a great weekend,

x
Old 09-15-2012, 02:31 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Veggie, congratulations on twenty-one days!

Grace and Steve four whole weeks, yey!

Day by day we're doing it yey well done all

'I really started trying to get my act together in August of 2002.'
Ethan Suplee
Old 09-15-2012, 02:56 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Hi all! Day 20 beginning of Day 20 here. Up a little bit early, but still had a generally good and restful night's sleep. Have a big day planned.

As soon as I finish my outpatient treatment and homework for the day, I'm off about two hours from here to meet some of my in-laws at a house I've been helping them renovate for the past several months. My SIL received an offer on the house and is getting ready to sell. I am being called in to help clean out the garage. And as a car and motorcycle guy, I LOVE poking through old garages! You never know what you might find!

As many of you know, I sell a lot of things on eBay, and there are a few old lawnmower engines and boat parts in there that I can sell to make a few bucks. You probably don't know that I also dabble a little bit in scrap metal in my spare time. So, if nothing else, there plenty of "junk" in the garage that I can recycle while putting some money in my pocket to offset the gas, hotel rooms, and materials I've paid for out of pocket while the renovation was ongoing.

Plus - and here's the really good stuff - it's good, honest, active work...so I'll get a little exercise of the mind and body as well. I love my in-laws and enjoy helping them out. They purchased a new house a while ago, so selling the renovated house and getting out from under the mortgage will help them out greatly.

No doubt I'll be very busy, and also in a pretty remote location, so I won't be able to check in as much. But I'll be scanning this thread on my phone from time to time, so if anyone has problems or needs a boost today, post up on this thread and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Have a happy, safe, sober day each of you. It's better than the alternative!
Old 09-15-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Hi my buds Haven't posted for a while - that's actually a good thing, lol! Been doin good. Got a BIG weekend goin on (mine and my friend's b-day, my hunny comin into town) so probably gonna be gone for a little while. Gonna hit some meetings, even! Life is good. Don't forget me when I'm gone :p Love y'all! Keep it goin!
Glad to see you here 427, and equally glad things have been going well! I know you have been looking forward to this weekend for a while now, so enjoy it and use it as a case study in the amount of fun you can have sober! Happy birthday and good luck!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
HFA

Morning all, start of day 22 for me. Got the kids today. We are in the midst of a Doctor Who marathon, LOL. Have a ballroom dance party tonite with my GF. While I do enjoy going to them,it is BYOB so lots of beer and wine. Sometimes they can be a challenge. I am sure tonite will be fun and I will be fine. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

HFA - congrats in your three weeks! We'll be watching doctor who tonight but I have no kids to blame it on - my partners a geek!

Have fun tonight,

x
Old 09-15-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hey 427, good to see you and glad you are doing well.

Congrats to everyone on their milestones. I really love reading about all of them.

WTH, sounds like it'll be a fun day. I hope you find some cool stuff today.

My youngest son, Liam, had a baseball game today. So, no AA meeting for me. I love that meeting and look forward to it all week but oh well. I will be going tomorrow morning.

My daughter has two friends over this afternoon and I am watching Three Stooges with my boys. Oh boy, slapstick comedy at it's finest!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ebshot View Post

My daughter has two friends over this afternoon and I am watching Three Stooges with my boys. Oh boy, slapstick comedy at it's finest!

HeeHee--I LOVE the Stooges! :rotfxko
Old 09-15-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Day 28 nearly done as I'm ready for my pit.....I have eaten loads of food today,think I was making up for having toothache the last 2 days....Gonna go bed soon as the wife has got her friend here and I can't cope with girl talk...Early night means I'll be up well early so me and the dog can get a good walk done....Hope everyone had a great day and I hope everyone has a great Sunday....Take care...Steve...
Old 09-15-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Evening all

Hope you've all had a good Saturday, I've been a bit fed up and down in the dumps today, but I am really tired, which doesn't help. At least the weather cheered up and the sun came out this afternoon and tomorrows another day.

Thanks Jo for the congrats, congratulations are in order for you too on day 21.

HFA ( and Jo) everybody loves Doctor Who, well nearly everybody! Hope the party was good, I love watching ballroom dancing, wish I could do it!

Erica, shame you had to miss the meeting today, but needs must and all that! No doubt the Three Stooges brightened your day. I love that film. So funny.

End of day 28 Steve, hope you get a good nights sleep.

Well that's it ( I think)

See you all tomorrow.

Night night

Gxx
Old 09-15-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Sorry you've had a rough day, Grace. I hope you get a good night's sleep and wake up rested and refreshed. Without sciatica. With sunshine.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hey everyone,

Sorry you are down, Grace. Cyber hugs for you!!!
Good job on 28 days to you and stevie! That reminds me of that movie with Sandra Bullock.
I'm on day 27, it was pretty good....did the 30 minute walk, cooked brunch, watched movies, took a nap, took Sweetie to see the ducks, cooked dinner, now more movies. I have some energy but not a ton, but expect the walking to help with that. Last night's meeting was great, I've been acquainted with the speaker over a few years and was just blown away by her story. Then we got to bring the remains of the cake home. Sweetie liked that a lot.
Ok...so did I!!

I was tickled today cuz my ex went to get his guitar, which the guy selling it had held for him, it's this Martin he found on craigslist, LE, killer deal, he was all psyched about it, and so that I could be the first to share it, he went and got it, drove all the way back home, showed it to me, played it a little, (it has beeyooteeful tone and resonance) then went back up north to meet friends to jam and hit a meeting.

Tomorrow is the weekly family day visit to see "the B" as I call her, B for Beeyooteefull, lol. Really looking forward to it. Going to wear my new shoes and be totally stylin'. We are going to a blues jam type thing maybe, after the chapel and dinner.

Kudos to all- nuway, ebshot, VeggieJ, 427, WTH, Apple, HFA, LLGold, Panacea, Dee, Grace, stevie.....on our continued efforts at a clean/sober way of life!!

Old 09-15-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Grace,

Sorry you've been a bit down, hope you feel better tomorrow,

x
Old 09-15-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to everyone hitting a milestone

but...time for a new thread guys

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html