Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 7

Old 08-13-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wait'll you see what everybody will be doing around you in Holland if you are in Amsterdam.

Over here in the US we also have our grocery stores selling beer and wine at least, and many sell hard liquor as well, in addition to our liquor stores. The laws vary here though so that does not apply in all states, just most. Hang in there bud, it still gets easier month by month even when we have over a year.

We love Holland, and all of that region in Europe. Lived over there for 7 years in the Trier Germany area. If this is your first visit to Holland make sure you order some ribs to eat as they specialize in great ribs! And have some of their Mussels too, besides the obvious cheeses. Have a great trip!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
rs2

This is my 1st post here on 1 Year & Over. LoftyIdeals, Piotr & I were all together in the August 2011 class. Thanks for the recommendation to come over here Lofty.

So grateful to be here, a whole year sober. I too am now working on getting in better shape. I gained some weight when I cut out the wine due to my ice cream tooth that went into high gear at night. Still havent kicked that one, but have moderated the mint chocalate chip a little.

rs2
Old 08-13-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

413 days now.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers/best wishes for your ExMIL LB. Like R&A says , every makes their own path in life...I really hope she finds the path we all found tho

Welcome Rs2

D
Old 08-13-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Rs2,
:day2

Really glad to see you too. I look forward to your posts.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Woohoo, it seems August 2011 was a very good month to get sober! Welcome aboard, folks.

Frances, I am going to look up that Anxious Idiot story tonight... if only to make sure I am not mentioned in it... I love those kinds of things. I'm all about trying to tame the mind these days.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Cool Living life

Evening overs,

rs2 welcome aboard.

Manz I had one of those interviews but they never told me it was going to be like that so I felt really blind sided. I did exceptionally well as I usually do, but then that ole criminal back ground issue came up, and well the interview went south after that like all the others over the past 2 frig-gen years. It is amazing how society could give 2 hoots whether we turned our life around or not. These are two felonies PSP (possession stolen property) cars. But then I have several, like 6 misdemeanors. Even though I have not been in any trouble since 2003, its all still on my record. With the way most companies hire today you apply on-line, I am lucky to even get an interview. I'll be honest over the last year I have not been looking hardly at all cause it just got old and that is my fault. I like to tell this story because even with 8 years life is not all roses like I hear some people claim. But I don't have to pick up over it no matter how difficult it gets.
So now that I have made this about me :rotfxko Good luck on your interview. You can do it because

Last edited by newby1961; 08-14-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 08-14-2012, 01:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome rs2, great to have you here, and congrats!

Newby...the great thing about the job I am going for is that a pre requisite is that I have lived experience of addiction and have turned my life around! How lucky am I that I was a big booze hag and finally saw the light! So sorry that you have had a hard road to travel in the job stakes! Keep holding onto hope, one day soon the perfect job will be put in front of you hun.

I am completely and utterly over the treatment I am receiving at work from one of my colleagues..... he is a huge bully!!!!! I voiced it to the only person around that is on the leadership team....AGAIN! My team leader previously did absolutely nothing when I told him this colleague had physically stood over me as I sat in a low chair and raised his voice telling me I had no idea what I was doing. Yesterday i had to facilitate 4 hours of classes with him and it was a freakin nightmare. After one class he attacked me verbally again, at the other class I just kept my mouth shut because I was concerned for what he would say to me after. One guest walked out! Another wrote a complaint in feedback. If the management don't do somethign this time, I have said I will resign......new job or no, I am not putting my self in that position. I could not sleep, my anxiety about having to deal with him today was soo high. Ugh!

I am despite this remaining positive that the situation will be resolved, because I am not the only colleague that has a problem with this man, and if no one else will stand up for what is right...I will!

OK, sorry for the ramble............ but really!!!! :rotfxko
Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome Rs2. I still have a sweet tooth in the evening. I have notice that the 'craving' element to it is now starting to subside. I have now noted on some nights I "feel" like a bit of fruit instead of chocolate.

I imagine the sweet tooth will slowly subside. I think about alcohol and the whole recovery situation in a so much less driven way than I used to.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey guys.

I'm in New York with my family for a couple of days...mini vacation if you will. We've got tickets to see the Yankees tonight...my boys are very excited.

My race on Sunday went really well. Finished the 10 miles in 1:16 and ran without pain. It feels good to be somewhat back on track.

I'm heading out for a run shortly. Today I think I will run along the East River. Tomorrow I have to go further, so I'm going to do a lap of Central Park!

I had a crazy drinking dream last night too...was drinking with my dad...a psychologist would have a field day with it!

Piotr - welcome to the overs thread! Piotr and I also hang out at the Kicking Ashphalt thread.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Manz,

Do everything that you can to avoid the bully but bite back when cornered and in a nice way let management know what is going on. I suspect that they already do. Then quietly watch nature take its course. At the end of the day all organizations have to get something done and this best occurs with harmony and cooperation. Meanwhile, if you happen to move on to a greener pasture, then good for you.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Welcome rs2 and congratulations on your 1 year! Glad to have you here with us!

Piotr, enjoy your time at the convention. I go to conventions here in Michigan and they are great fun.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
~sb

newby, have you looked into getting any of that expunged from your record??? It takes some work, but some or all of that might be dropped.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Evening Overs,

SB yep sure have as a matter of fact I have tons & tons of paperwork on that stuff. First off in WA they don't expunge they call it seal or vacate which is similar but not as easy to get. I have 2 felonies and only one can be vacated and my misdemeanors can't. It is a huge f-en mess. I contacted a lawyer and boy they want tons of money so that was no help. Trust me in the past few years I have searched and searched for an answer to no avail. That is why sometimes I get really pissy when I hear people say oh in God's time, well its been 8 years how long exactly does God need to help me? I think it is so easy for people whose life fell together when they sobered up to preach oh everything will work out. At least I haven't used over it but as you can tell I get pretty upset about it.:rotfxko I am not saying God hasn't helped at all. I mean my housing is awesome, my Dad comes to my rescue more than a father probably should, so I am very very lucky in that department. It just helps to vent sometimes. I do believe what they say in the rooms we are only as sick as our secrets. So I can't come on here and pretend like every part of my life is manageable cause that would be a lie. for listening everyone.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:09 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Guys. I am 15 months today. I recall making my first 90 days. It seemed like eons and (it was) a great milestone. I find these days call me to quietly give thanks, and I love the fact that I can walk around and have my own 'special day'.

Have a great night- Hump day is finishing here- not for me though I will be working the weekend as well
Old 08-15-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Instant,

Congratulations for 15 month! May you have many more and thanks for your posts.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats, instant! I've followed your posts for quite a while, and really enjoy hearing about your progress. I've gleaned great hope from you.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Congrats on 15 months instant! Enjoy your day...
Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Congrats on 15! It's amazing, isn't it?!

Yesterday was a big time get r done day! Renter's insurance done and taken care of, auto quote for Illinois started, gas/electric/water set up, called the renting company when I realized they made a mistake and got that sorted, comcast (UGH!!!! I hate them) set up and will be ready to go, time warner cable (I hate them too) cancelled, my neurology appointment I was scheduled to have next week cancelled, called and left a message for the cleaning people i hired to get back to me in order to make an appointment, took another 2 bags of trash out of my place (where the hell does all this crap come from?!), AND i got my hair done yesterday, too!

Two 1/2 more days at work. Things have been going smoothly, finally. Only four 1/2 days left until the move! Eeep!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Welcome rs2.

Congratulations on 15 months Instant.

Holiday here today so went to the gym then to the pool and sauna. Enjoyed it a lot, though the sauna was crowded, though a few girls/women so the visuals where nice . I much prefer it when it is empty and I can pour water on the coals so the steam gets it hot, hot, hot. So tired afterwards that I went for a nap and then off to AA.