Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 7

Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Nice pictures TP! That is one place I ahve not travelled to and would like to see. One day.

Last night I had a lovely evening at home alone, actually quite happy to chill by myslef on a Saturday night. Created some gorgeous xmas decos that i will sell at market, watched a movie "Bridesmaids" that i thought was a comedy, it was but I think I cried as much as I belly laughed! It has been a while since I have felt happy to be alone on a saturday night. Long may it last.

Right, lazy Sunday morn reading is over........ must run....off to play badminton with a couple of friends then meet others after for coffee.

I am happy I am making an effort to be happy with my life...because really it is a pretty good one.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Overs!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

See ya'll on the other side! (i.e. in a few days :P)

Craaaaaaaaaaaap. How did this come so quickly?! I'M NOT READY!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Morning Overs,

TP I just love Time Square I miss it so as I live on the west Coast now and have been here for over 10+ years.

Not much to write about as I am pretty tired this morning. My inconsiderate neighbor woke me up at 2am and I am very annoyed by it

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday..
Old 08-19-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Piotr,
I am always amazed at my friends from Europe. They speak several languages sonetimes as well as the native speakers. I love reading your posts from your persepective, thanks.

Tip great pics, nice set up with the billboard.

LB,
You made it happen! There are really only three kinds of people in the world: Those that make things happen, those that watch what happens, and those that don't know what's happening. Beware, making it happen can be as addictive as alcohol, but in a great way. Be like the military now and make it work. Adapt, overcome and improvise.

R&A,
Glad you processed the bad client positively. I find that the exercise of burying their body calms me down imneasurably.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

rs2 - it is nice to spend time with him. We deep-cleaned the car together yesterday. Nice to see him so enthusiastic about doing something. Then a long 100 km drive home. He was driving and I was more than a bit nervous, but he did good.

LB - best of luck

TP - beautiful pics.

Spent the weekend at the lake house with son. My father keeps booze there and I felt very uncomfortable. Asked my son to hide it, which made me feel better. Also bad memories of my reckless drunk behavior, so I was happy to leave. Not planning on going there again this summer. Maybe next year it will be easier.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

So I called in to work today with an excuse that I would be late......just so I dont have to work with the colleague that is a bully this morning!!! This is very bad, but I would rather avoid any conflict right now. Apparently there has been a meeting with him and the bosses in the states...but gee...no feedback to me and I am still expected to work alongside him. I never used to be the type of person that ran from a fight, I find this all new territory. And I do not like to lie, not one little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am praying that the new job offer comes through before Thursday this week.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
instant

It's interesting to make your way through a stressful period without alcohol. Things can still get done. OK frayed around the edges. I'm working out that at work I am the person they bring all the problems to- in the past I took it all on- I now see a pattern, I can work on.

I need to bite my tongue early rather then jump in with the (obvious) solution, and then allow others to see that I have a handle on it- therefore they can leave it with me.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:40 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning Overs!

Back to work after a lovely 4-day mini-holiday in Maine. The weather is cool and crisp, with a hint of fall. I am feeling good.

Manz, I think maneuvering around the bully as best you can is part of an elegant, grown-up approach. Vibing for good news on the new job.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I'll pray for you too, Manz. Sounds like the new job would be a great solution in a lot of ways. I wouldn't mind such a change, myself.

Off to the races. Today is day 2 of South Beach Diet. It's worked for me before, it'll work again. 237 today. Target is 215-220, at least for now. So, 20 lbs. I'm gonna lose that belly fat!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Great pics TP!

I'll pray for you manz for your job. The old and the new.

Good luck on the South Beach Lofty!

Yesterday we went and got our new puppy Argus. I'm going to try and post his pic.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Beautiful pup, kablume!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

love the pooch!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Re-Member

What a great pic capturing how adorable he is Kablume! Chocolate Lab?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Awesome — glad I stopped by to see that pup before bed. Just look at those eyes. Thanks for the smile.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh...... that is one gorgeous puppy! the exact breed that I would like too. Nice one Kablume.

Frances....well said hun. I am manouvering in an adult way now, made it clear I wont work with him when he behaves inappropriately and now it is so...for the time being anyway. Management have him on a tight reign for the time being!

Two more sleeps and hopefully I will hear about the new job. It is mine...it is mine.....and if not then someone pretty darn amazing must have come along.

Still smiling looking at Argus.....sigh
Old 08-21-2012, 12:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Evening Overs

you are so lucky to have an adorable pup like him.. I am jealous :rotfxko

Have a good one all and remember
Old 08-21-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope everyone has a great day today in celebration of my 61st birthday!!7 So glad I'm sober to really enjoy it.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Happy Birthday Least!!!! :day2 I hope your day is super special!

Thanks everyone for the comments about my new pup.

Itchy - He is a chocolate Lab.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Happy Birthday, Least! I'm glad you are sober for it too! I'm sure your dogs are as well.

Have a fantastic day today!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Re-Member

:day2 Least