Notices

Class of February 2012 Part 6

Old 07-26-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Helllloooo out there... No one but me has posted since early Monday morning. (Dee not withstanding) It is Thursday afternoon... I hope no news is good news??....

As I've stated before, I will answer my own posts, if that is what it takes to keep me sober. I mean it, I will... Don't tempt me, people! Work with me here!LOL
Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Eternal,

I am from the class of July 2011 but I have read your class's posts for some time.
Keep up the good work of staying away from booze and keep the dialogue going.
You might consider the One Year and Under and the Grateful threads for more commentary.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyones having a good week, EQ

D
Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

I am, it's just been busy too. Hubby came home from Funeral on Tuesday. There were about 300 people including strangers came.

I am currently trying to get Superboy diagnosed and some help. I think he has selective mutism. If so, fix the problem early so he can be successful in grade school. He won't conversate except to me, hubby, hubby's parents and my sister.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Orbea: yeah, you're right to get Superboy accurately diagnosed as the sooner they intervene with that, the better off it is. Glad your H is home safe. Keep on.pluggin!

Dickersen: Thanks for writing! Yeah, i do faithfully post a morning and night time gratitude post each day. It helps with humility and self pity. I cant wait till i can get on the one year and OVER thread. Lol
Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh boy another day 1. It's so easy for me to forget what drinking does to me and all to easy to give into the peer pressure of drinking. I really thought about it and I think what happens is that I get jealous of people that can drink just a couple n have fun socially going out fr drinks so then I think eff it I just wanna have some fun too which led to drinking every night after work. Not sure what I'll try differently but some changes need to be made if this is gonna stick.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Welcome back, BF. Don't give up.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back BF - I really think the changes thing, whatever they may be, is a good idea - it must be so exhausting for you right now.

Do you really think you have fun drinking?

D
Old 07-27-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Well I went into my neighborhood liquor store tonight. Because I worked extra this week for more money and I'd wanted to buy a boxed bottle of Dom Perignon for my daughter and son In laws wedding anniversary. Marched in and bought it. Came home and wrapped it. Going tomorrow to see them and give it and babysit while they both work. They will love it.

I don't suggest anyone do this if they have any doubts. If I had any doubts i wouldnt have gone. But I had wondered if at times if I could still buy liquor for people as gifts sometimes.

Also, in nine days I will be on a cruise which is basically on big floating bar. Alcohol will be everywhere. I could be laying by the pool in the AM and waiters will walk by and bring you drinks. I know Ive done it. So I will have five days and nights on a floating bar. And its not like you can leave. Lol. There are wine tastings. Strangers buy you drinks. Duty free liquor buys. Even the stateroom has its own minibar in it. So the honor system begins now.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel a bit funny about giving alcohol to others so it's not been often...but I've been in liquor stores once or twice...

it feels good to know I didn't flip out - it's just like any other kind of shopping

Have a good weekend EQ...everyone!

D
Old 07-28-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I do not use AA (but in case I need to be around sober people on the cruise, and if I cant connect to SR with my cell), then I may have to go to an onboard friends of Bill mtg...

The very thought stirs me up, but not as much as the thought of losing my sobriety. So I asked a friend of mine (who used to use AA alot in the first two years of his recovery) what to expect.

This way I know what the meetings are like should I go...
Old 07-28-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Watching the games makes me want cold white wine. I won't drink. Sigh.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good for you Orbea. I am so glad we can come on SR and say stuff like that. When I say it to people in my life they get worried..Or theyre like stop making such a big deal over it. Lol But you guys get it. And you let me whine. Lol

Speaking of which... Last night at midnight was 170 days.
Why does it seem so pithy? Its like the more I know the more I realize I dont know. Ya know?? LOL
Old 07-28-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

I know what you mean!

Forgot to update. I took Superboy to pediatrician yesterday to talk about his talking problems. She seemed concerned and offered up some suggestions to try in the next few months before he gets diagnosed with anything.

I will have to talk w Ben's daycare principal and teacher. I need to make sure that they don't give him extra attention for not talking. We are also going to try a sticker reward chart for talking. She also wants me to make sure that SB's teachers ask him to talk to him. We'll see. Hopefully he'll get over this...but my rose colors glasses are half on.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Wow, I've missed a lot! In Lake Placid I couldn't get enough cell reception to check in. I could text and occasionally access facebook with the mobile app, but that's it. My in law's house (where we've been since Tuesday isn't much better, and I was afraid to try to access SR on their home computer. I think I must be stealing someone's wi fi right now because the wi fi sign came on and I suddenly have full signal. Guess I should've sat in this little corner sooner. We are leaving tomorrow to start home (thank god) so it will be hit and miss the next few days.

My emotions since the race have really been all over the place. I'll try to find a way to post my race recap when I can get to a real computer. Thanks for cheering me on. That is so sweet! Hopefully, I'll be back to normal soon. Sorry. :-(

Dee, so glad your back is better! EQ, when do you leave on your cruise? I've lost track. BF, hang in there. You keep coming back, so you will find a way! LP and DA, good to hear from you both again. I have thoughts on both of your posts....will wait for a keyboard for that too. The same for your post, Wildcat. :-) Orbea, just....thanks. For everything.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Dee: I'm not sure if you are in Austalia? But wanted to say the Aussie women's gymnasts and women's volleyball team too have really.been just amasing!!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

An ambulance and two cop cars next door. When ambulance finally left, it left without its lights blaring, yet I believe they put someone in it. This can NOT be good. It is after midnight. Sigh.

Hope all of you are okay.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

EQ, any word on the neighbor? That's sad. :-( Had a pretty good driving day today. Stopped and did some fun things with kids. Home tomorrow...
Old 07-30-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm possibly the only Aussie who's not been watching the Olympics EQ

I hope the situation next door is not as bad as you fear.

D
Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

TG: Yay for road trips! Making memories..

Dee: I wish I could NOT watch the Olympics. . But you see, unfortunately, I have this addictive personality.... Haha

I still don't know what is up with neighbor. Its been quiet over there...