Notices

Class of May 2012 pt 6

Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
DAY 2!
way to go saskia!!!!!!! i'm so happy for your normal bloodwork. the human body and mind are SUCH resilient things.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

You're as wacky as the rest of us. I love it. You've done the tease, now you must tell the story. There's nothing worse than a selfish transvestite. Well, maybe drinking, but you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by FrenchPink View Post
Our big fella, Super-Crew, is shy? But you exhibit such smooth confidence and finesse in your thoughts to us, May mate. You're our Don Juan, our Casanova, the crooner of swoon in complimenting our classmates' personalities and styles with your uniquely poetic lines and lovely adjectives. If you're expressing yourself with the same mellifluous articulation outside of SR cyberland, you must have a truckload of babes following you.

Next topic:
Very difficult day for me today. Elements involved: the hospital, 17 cats, and a selfish transvestite. The usual commonplace aggravations. More tomorrow, my wonderful soberpeeps, when I can catch up with all of your posts and ultra-thoughtful PM's. Right now, Pach needs to hit the sack. Hugs to all.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by ThursdayNight View Post
Good Morning Wonderful Class!

FP: I seriously wish I was joining you today. Call me strange but a hospital, 17 cats, and a selfish transvestite sounds like a day I would remember for a long, long time. The worst experiences make the greatest stories, n'est-ce pas? Maybe the highlights of your day will play here on the evening news, and I'll catch the "Film at Eleven" teaser while I watch the Big Bang Theory.

Crew - you are just soooo full of love today, aren't you buddy? I imagine you grinning with a pink glow around you.

Okay, you guys, I love you all but I gotta get ready for work.
Beware. You get within 100 feet of me and you'll find my long arms wrapped around you in a hug.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

LOL crew -- we all think you're the bee's knees too.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice about flying. I'll see what the doc says about whether or not I should take something to calm my nerves. It's good to know I'm not the only one around here who has issues with flying. I love the candy idea, 2Mags. I usually jump on any advice involving eating candy.

Anyway, how's this for annoying: I have a headache, so I went into the kitchen to take two ibuprofin. Right at that time, I got distracted by my two-year-old and her climbing, ran into the other room for a minute, and now I can't remember whether or not I took the headache medicine! I don't think I did, but I might have ... I'm going senile over here. Since I don't want to accidentally double dose, I guess I'll just have to wait.

Speaking of headaches, I have to go pick up my teenager ...
Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just checking in. Still sober, had a wobbly couple of days but will be ok. I've been reading your posts, you're all doing so well xxx
Old 06-26-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Dear Senile Luling. I love to fly. I've flown dang near every plane, jet and helicopter in the universe, and jumped out of most of them. The only advice I have is to hold someone's hand during takeoff and landing, even if it's the eight hundred pound gorilla sitting next to you.

I get your headaches comment. I'm a single daddy, and this past weekend I only had my son with me. I'm pretty sure he said "dad or daddy" nearly a million times. After the nine hundredth thousandth time, I looked him in the eye and said, "Do you realize how many times you've called my name (dad or daddy) this weekend and that it might be getting to me just a little bit? My little smartypants seven-year old boy answers, "Yep. Just wanted to make sure you're paying attention...dad." Even the little ones have sh!t-eatin' grins now and then.

Let's go for a run.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Still sober, had a wobbly couple of days but will be ok. I've been reading your posts, you're all doing so well xxx
And so are you if you stayed sober! So nice to see you check in. ((Jeni))
Old 06-26-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

HRB, I'm doing ok. Took the wife to the airport this morning for her trip back east, and then came home and mowed the lawn (probably too early for the neighbors ) and have been catching up on lots of work today. Will take the dog for a walk and clean the house later tonight, for even this desert rat can only stand so much bachelor dust.

Basically I'm just trying to stay busy and catch up on things that fell by the wayside while the long conversations with the wife of the last 10 days or so were taking place... and trying to avoid feeling too sad as we enter this new stage of the separation. In many ways I think it is good, as it will give us both a chance to work on our own stuff without interruption, and with a little more structure. So, in a sense, I'm just trying to create that structure so that I can live with some stability now that phase 1 (endless fighting) and phase 2 (more mature but draining conversations) are over. Here's to Phase 3, whatever it may bring....
Old 06-26-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I am a blessed alcoholic

I found that this program works if you work it, i learned to listen and listened to learn, i am doing well, as long as i get on my knees in the morning pray with my hands in the air and remember I am not god
Old 06-26-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

@Crew are you a pilot? And if so, why would you jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane?

@Luling I love that phrase "the bee's knees."

@Jeni glad you stayed sober during your wobbly days.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Deserto, glad to hear you are keeping busy. I hope phase 3 brings you peace. Keep up the good work.

Crew and Luling, I am going for a run. Well, run, walk, run, walk.... However many rotations I need. Goal 45 minutes.

Jeni, glad to see ya still with us.:ghug3
Old 06-26-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

hugs for everyone struggling, or even trudging a little, today...stay close.
welcome aablessed

D
Old 06-26-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm so jealous of you runners! I just don't have the consistency to work my way up in running. I walked on the treadmill Monday and ran 1/4 of a mile. But that's only because I had the day off. I hate exercising after work because all I want to do is relax and eat dinner. And I hate showering and then going to bed with wet hair, and if I hate taking the time to walk/run and shower, you can be sure I hate taking the time to dry my hair!! So I usually only exercise my days off- Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. So I don't think I can do the gradual increased running program because I don't keep the momentum. But maybe I'm just making excuses.
Crew, do you fly? To learn how to fly has always been one of my dreams. Which is hysterical because one of my biggest anxiety triggers is death. Well maybe not hysterical per say.
Deserto, glad you're being proactive about staying busy during this new phase. Hope you and your wife can come to some conclusions about what your futures hold.
FP, when are we going to hear this story? Hope everything is ok.
I'm feeling bored but I have no motivation to do anything. Usually I spice up boredom with drinking because it requires no motivation. So now I just sit here. But I'm moving in three days! Gotta get my butt doing something productive!!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
Day 54 here and doing great. I just posted in another thread that a co-worker brought in a cake today made with Bailey's Irish Cream. She claimed the alcohol had burned off but then another friend took a bite and said, "Whoa, how much alcohol is in that? It burned like a shot." Anyone else ever experience that? I never thought of having to turn down food with alcohol in it....it felt weird but something in me just knew it was inherently wrong. You guys think that is being overly paranoid?
Keep strong folks! I must admit I am now counting down my next 6 days until day 60. I am rather ecstatic about it!
Lee
Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

I posted in your thread.

It's not that a rumball ever got me drunk or made me run to the liquor store - but I know my brain...

'gee! the rumball really had a lot of rum in it'
'I feel fine tho'
'do ya think..maybe I could have a little rum in tea or coffee...it's mighty cold this winter...'

and so it begins...

D
Old 06-26-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Or, "I wonder what would happen if I had 10 rumballs? It's only food"

No way!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Well, day 23 draws to a close. And finds me much calmer now than earlier. Still not sure whether to chase things up with the doctors. It might not do any good, but it can't do any harm.
Had a fairly good game evening, although I really don't like character creation. But time with friends is always good.

Luling - that makes a certain amount of sense. That the more often we resist them, the easier the cravings are to resist. We get better at recognising them, and get better at using the tools we have.
You're thinking of going back to your studies? That's great! And yes, being sober will help. At least, I hope it will And congrats on 13 days. Wtg!

Tanja - congrats on staying sober despite everything.

HRB - you know, I think we just might get to see 2013. Actually, forget the might. I'm sure we will. And it'll be a better year than we could have hoped for.

Jeni - glad you're still with us, and still sober.

Anyway, it's late (it's late, it's late, but not too late), and I could do with sleep, so I'll bid you all good night folks. Hope you all sleep well, and your dreams aren't too strange. See you in the morning. And thanks for all your support and understanding
Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Deserto View Post
@Crew are you a pilot? And if so, why would you jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane?

Nah. It was those Marine Corps days way back when that had me jumping out of flying objects.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Damn. It just came out of nowhere -- I'm sitting here doing fine, and I'm struck with the sudden urge to go get a bottle of wine. Sigh. These past few days have been an unceasing parade of trivial annoyances (broken AC, power outage today, neighbor's barking dog, more petty but irritating crap) and I've been fine -- better than fine -- until suddenly I realize that I'm worn down and would very much like to say f*** it, I'm having some wine.

Oh well, normal ups and downs, right? It will pass, the sooner the better. Can't give up now. But damn, I sure want to sometimes.

Anyway, enough complaining ...

Hey OLL, it's cool if running isn't your thing. Some people just don't like it. Walking is good exercise too, and it's good for the mind.

Good to see you posting here, Jeni.

Crew, only crazy people jump out of airplanes. It's okay, there's good crazy and bad crazy, and you're good crazy.

Deserto, I'm hoping for the best for you and your wife as you two embark on this next phase. You're handling all of this so well.

HRB, have great run!

Edit because I accidentally hit "post" before I was done ...

Lee, I'd be afraid to try the rum balls too. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Emily, I fortunately don't have to go back to school. I'm certified as an english and reading teacher, and to get certified in additional areas, I just have to take a test, because I've finished the coursework. I'm not worried about the test, but I'm not overconfident either. I'll have to set aside some prep time each day.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leemzer View Post
Hey everyone!
Day 54 here and doing great. I just posted in another thread that a co-worker brought in a cake today made with Bailey's Irish Cream. She claimed the alcohol had burned off but then another friend took a bite and said, "Whoa, how much alcohol is in that? It burned like a shot." Anyone else ever experience that? I never thought of having to turn down food with alcohol in it....it felt weird but something in me just knew it was inherently wrong. You guys think that is being overly paranoid?
Keep strong folks! I must admit I am now counting down my next 6 days until day 60. I am rather ecstatic about it!
Lee
I had a similar experience with a coworker ... Never had such an alcohol-saturated cake and it did give a buzz. I suspect that when the alcohol is added could have something to do with remaining potency...