Notices

Class of May 2012 pt 6

Old 07-02-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Thanks to each and every one of you. You guys have been such a source of support. Last night I was blindsided by the beer aisle at the grocery store and just stood there for a minute. I probably looked like a weirdo. =) I was thinking of the fancy packaging and the pain that alcohol causes...you can dress it up with fancy boxes but it is poison. I had not the littlest desire to drink and I am for sure I will never drink again. But I was VERY aware that all it would take is putting a 12 pack in my cart and that would be it for me. I would be like 2Mages said--wasted for the next 6-8 months. Never, ever again.

I really do appreciate all of you and feel all of you who are struggling right now. Removing drinking leaves you wide open for emotions that sometimes you are not ready for, regrets, feelings of wasted time, etc etc. But all we can do is walk on together. The past is truly in the past. That is the best lesson I have learned in the past 60 days...and there is no greater travesty than regretting the past, because then you are even denying yourself the present.

Again, thanks so much to everyone. This forum has kept me sober, it really has.

Love you to all!
Lee
Old 07-02-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Deserto View Post

Day 52
Feeling blue.
What to do?
First, the drink eschew.
Yay!!! Your poem is short and sweet, Dweller. I'll gladly take it. Congrats on Day 52 and keep your chin up for 53. We're all in this together, sobermate. You can do this!

Now, are you done two-timing me with that so-called new "artist", Hippo with a Tuba? Word on the street says that beyotch ain't nothin' but a skanky ho.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FrenchPink View Post
Now, are you done two-timing me with that so-called new "artist", Hippo with a Tuba? Word on the street says that beyotch ain't nothin' but a skanky ho.
Yeah, but I wouldn't dare be seen with a respectable woman at this stage of my career. I have a reputation to hold down
Old 07-02-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Well folks, it's been a day of ups and downs. I was at a meeting tonight (the one I bake muffin-tarts for. Oh yes, two of those fell on the floor when I was turning them out of the tins and exploded like little bombs. Another frustration.) and I shared about stuff. And I found I could look back on it and laugh. I just hope they didn't think I was being frivolous. When I was sitting on the toilet with the smoke alarm going off for the second time, it was absolutely not funny. When I was nearly at the shop and Catherine started on at me, it wasn't funny then either.
And you know something, I could hear Catherine in the meeting "Don't tell them about what happened. They don't want to know. You'll look like an idiot."
I told her to go away, or shut up. Or both.

I feel a lot better now.

Finding Soleil - It takes a lot to apologise. Hugs to you, and also to Saskia. Glad to see that things are good between you again.

Deserto - congrats on using the word eschew in verse.

Newby - welcome (back) glad to have you on board.

Lee - thanks for your really useful comments. And yes, regrets can just lead to the past eating the present. Not good, not good at all.

2Magnolias - you're right. I know how close I've been to slipping over the last couple of weeks. Sometimes I don't know how I've clung on. But with the help of AA, and... well, you folks, somehow, I have.

Good night everyone. If I can get there I've got a lunchtime meeting tomorrow, so I might not get on till tomorrow night. Sleep well. Love and hugs to you all. And may your higher power go with you.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Deserto View Post
Yeah, but I wouldn't dare be seen with a respectable woman at this stage of my career. I have a reputation to hold down
Dweller, I'll forgive your transgression, since Mammoth knows you like rolling with a little extracurricular excitement to mix it up. All is cool, skank or non-skank, as long as it doesn't interrupt the serious flow of coins to our Dweller-Phant Productions. Truth is, our friend, Super-Crew, turned Pach's head for a minute, but I stayed true to my Desert Dawg. Thinking we could keep him on at D.P.P., as he cooked up a great batch of sauce in your absence. And seeing as you turned out a good Dweller/Reporter segment so quickly, we could add a Prose branch to our Poetry and Slapdown division. Gotta keep it fresh for the fans. I'll have my peeps call your peeps and we'll do lunch.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

The class was great. I had a rough day with school just not understanding anything and translating that to me being stupid worthless etc... So I turned off the computer and closed the books and I'm planning on going into office hours tomorrow to ask for help. Then I got on my bike and went to the gym to take the class. I feel so relaxed right now after actually concentrating on relaxing my muscles.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hmm ... My husband isn't drinking tonight. Why didn't anyone tell me that hell has frozen over? I'm always the last to know. Seriously, I'm not getting my hopes up about anything; I don't even want to broach the topic with him in case I scare him off. But a sober household would be nice.

In other news, unicorns exist and the Loch Ness monster has gone public and is being interviewed on Fox News tonight.

Hey Flicked, I'm glad the yoga went well. I'm going to a class in the morning. It's one of those hot classes, where they beat the room up to 100 degrees or something crazy like that. It's okay, with proper hydration.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Good Monday evening, May mates! Kinda quiet on our thread today, but then we usually balance it out by gabbing up a storm towards the weekends. Been a bit lax on many of my individual high-fives for our incredible classmates, so I'll take advantage of the slowdown in posting flurry to catch up.

Paid all bills and did the chores.
Enjoying cooler weather on my eastern shores.
Love the satisfaction when all work is done.
Even mundane tasks like mowing are (almost) fun
when accomplishing them sober on Day 51.

Payton: Have you been reading all of our words of love to you? We miss you, lady. Please come back. I believe that you will someday. To paraphrase a sentiment from Soleil, it's hard to quit us once you "see us."

Sir Super-Crew: Sailing, world traveller, jumping out of airplanes, former basketball star, hunky 6'4" former Marine, gourmet sauce cook, great dad, adding an avatar to show class solidarity, and sober... don't let on to that Sidewinder, but my Mammoth heart secretly skips a beat.

GingerB: Now I can see the real chair you fell out of when reading my "kiss my mammoth butt with herbal lip balm" rap. You're awesome, classmate!

Emily: Tomorrow is Day 30 for you!!! What an incredible accomplishment, sobermate. I am so, so proud of you! I knew you could do it. Love the Rocky clip, too. Love all the Rocky flicks, even the (many) awful ones.

Flicked: In your thoughts to us, you sound absolutely gorgeous. Please re-read Thursday's excellent advice to you. And know that in time, while all of our looks eventually fade, if you have solid job skills and a smart head on your shoulders (as you most certainly do), they will carry you even further in life.

2Mags: Always wonderful advice to our classmates, thank you. You sound terrific in your sobriety! Way to go.

Soleil: Lovely to hear from you. You posts are always so caring and insightful. How are you doing on the sober trail?

Harpo: I think you win the prize for longest May post ever. Thank you for giving us the whole bag of potato chips! You sound awesome. Thank you for all of your advice to our classmates, too.

SoberJane: Wonderful to hear from you! Congrats on 53 days sober! Hope you and your mom feel better soon. Hugs to you.

Dweller: Why the blues today, poem mate? You know you can always lean on us in posts or PMs. Love you!

Saskia: So happy you're doing your best to kick the beast. Keep on trying and we're always here for you to cheer you on. Don't give up on yourself, because we surely will never give up on you.

Luling: My poem today was sparked by the "excitement" in your day. Seems we're on the same path of plugging along in precious monotony on the home front. Yay that your husband is sober with you tonight! You're an excellent influence.

Newby1961: Welcome back to the May class! I do remember you from early on. Thank you for your post. How are you doing in your sober resolve?

Lee: Thank you for your 60 days insight and advice to our class. I'm coming up close behind you, sobermate. Thank you for leading the way.

Off to feed the masses of critters at my friend's house. Be back afterwards. Loving hugs to all.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I was thinking of the fancy packaging and the pain that alcohol causes...you can dress it up with fancy boxes but it is poison. I had not the littlest desire to drink and I am for sure I will never drink again....
Removing drinking leaves you wide open for emotions that sometimes you are not ready for, regrets, feelings of wasted time, etc etc. But all we can do is walk on together. The past is truly in the past. That is the best lesson I have learned in the past 60 days...and there is no greater travesty than regretting the past, because then you are even denying yourself the present.
Lee, that was such a great post. Thank you.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

beyotch ain't nothin' but a skanky ho.
FP, as always.....
Old 07-02-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Lee. 60 days. Beautiful. Thank you for carving that path out for the rest of us.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Well day 30. And it's a day like any other. It should feel different, or at least, I think it should. Or do I just think I think it should. It's a cool grey morning again. They say it won't get better til September...
Which is when I go to university. And is also when (assuming - and that dangerous - that I don't slip up between now and then) I hit the 90 day mark. Just in time for freshers' week. Somebody is having a laugh, and it ain't me.

I can't stay long this morning. All being well, I'll get to my first Tuesday meeting, but I just wanted to touch base, say 'Good morning' (good morning, good morning).

Luling - yes, a sober household sounds nice. And I hope the class goes well.

Flicked - glad the yoga went well. How's life in your new place?

FP - You encourage all of us with your posts, even when life is kicking you.

I couldn't have done it without you folks. And I'm really glad to be here. And I'm grateful to be sober this morning. I wish I could tell you I'm not thinking about drinking. I wish I could tell you I didn't want to drink. I can't, but I can say this. Today, I. Will. Not. Drink. (And no, not because this is Sparta.) Partially this is determination, partially it's not wanting to start again (because it isn't a nice day to do that), and partially it's because part of me just won't let me do it. Which, I'll be honest is a bit annoying. It feels like there's a seal on me.
But hey, it helps me stay sober, so I should stop complaining.

Have a good day folks. Stay strong. Stay sober. And whatever the weather, hot or cold, wet or dry I hope you stay comfortable. Nothing worse than being uncomfortably hot or cold... well, almost nothing. Be nice to yourselves, and may your higher power go with you. :ghug3

Smilie of the day:
Old 07-03-2012, 01:47 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 30 days Emily

If I'm honest 30 didn't make me feel any different either...60 and 90 saw some shifts tho...stay with it

Hope everyone has a great day!
D
Old 07-03-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luling View Post
Hmm ... In other news, unicorns exist and the Loch Ness monster has gone public and is being interviewed on Fox News tonight.
absolutley hilarious!!! i love your posts and always look forward to them, btw! so glad you're on the boat and part of the crew!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Closing slightly early - I'm hitting the sack ...

our journey continues here...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...12-pt-7-a.html

Have a good day everyone

D