Notices

Class of June 2011 part 12

Old 02-08-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm still here!!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:37 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi All
I thought I would drop in and see how everyone was doing. 7 months later and I am sober and happy. I just had my belly button birthday on Monday and for the 1st time in my life I didnt demand anything, didnt want anything and told my husband that I had everything I needed. The relief on his face was evident, I with my alcoholic mind and attitude have always demanded more than I deserved or needed.
I only realise now that what I truly need is peace, serenity and freedom. That is not available at any shop it is only available to me if I follow the steps necessary to achieve that.
I know that I am on the right path (finally) an I feel I have only just scratched the surface, I have such a long way to go but the happiness I have now if that is only the beginning, wow! I cant wait to see whats going to happen.

So love and light to all and may your Higher Power be with you xx
Old 02-09-2012, 02:17 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Raquell. It is great to hear you are doing well. We have all come so far and it is interesting that those of us who values sobriety commonly feels the same about peace, freedom and serenity.

Check out the moon It was full last night. You should get a good look from where you are
Old 02-09-2012, 02:24 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Racquell - congratulations on 7 months

D
Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Way to go on 7 months!! The way I see it, it's such a gift to be given a new life, a new start.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!!!! I wanted to pop in and say hi and all is great. I have too much to write about today, but I have been completely sober since my surgery on Sept 30th. I don't know what happened, but I haven't even wanted to drink - even through the holidays! My hubby is in couseling until June as I have requested. We hit a really rough patch over the holidays since he was still drinking, but things are (cross your fingers) getting better. I miss you all and I hope you understand my absense. I think its better if I don't dwell on the site and keep going. I want to help others and I hope that I will eventually come back and do so. I miss you all and I hope you are all just as wonderful as last summer! Love, sobriety and Hugs to everyone. :-)
Old 02-11-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

really good to hear from you squishy - I'm glad things are getting better and better for you

D
Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
instant

Well done Squishy. Great to hear you are well and things are getting sorted out.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Yeah Squishy!!!! You have been missed!! Way to go on keeping sober - I"m proud of ya.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

So great of you to drop in Ms. Squishyboots!

I too have been guilty of not posting as much these days. I still read daily but less and less.

I noticed that today is 8 months since I quit. Wowzers. I did drink one night in those 8 months so it's not a legit 8 months for some...but I still look at June 13th as my quit date. Two thirds of a year is a long time. I can see how people get to a point where they think it is safe to go back. It would be easy to say to yourself..."well, I've done this once. I can always do it again".

My life has really improved over these 8 months though. I feel good, strong and confident. I used to just sort of muddle through life trying to keep my head down...always worried that I'd be found out for the fraud that I was...ashamed of my dirty secret. Now, I've got a completely different attitude....I walk taller. I take chances. I'm not afraid of anything. I stand up for myself.

Relapse is always possible but I'm glad there's so much good stuff in my life to keep me on the right path.

Leo, Pumpkin, Instant, Dee, Squishy, Raquell, jhay, chimp...love you guys. Thanks for being there for me through all this time.

d
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations TP

D
Old 02-13-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
instant

Hey well done TP. As it happens I am 9 months today. I too feel there have been many positive changes. I have no intention of going back, I have done that before a few years ago when I got to six months.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

TP - in my early days, lurking in the background, it was posts like yours that gave me the courage to sign up and log on. Way to go!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good job all of you and thank you so much for being my rock when I needed one and didn't feel I had one. :-) Miss you all!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leo21 View Post
TP - in my early days, lurking in the background, it was posts like yours that gave me the courage to sign up and log on. Way to go!!!
I'm not unique? There are other posts like mine?

:rotfxko

Thanks Leo!

Thanks to you as well Dee! I think we all owe you a great deal...you're one of the good ones.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
instant

Actually It' about time we gave Dee a round of applause for the invaluable support. Thanks Dee.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks guys - I love my job

D
Old 02-15-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hehehe yeah TP!! Funny how once we get sober and start to recover we finally realize the world doesn't revolve around us. It was always me, me, me. Why do things happen to me? Why always the problems? Duh, cut out the poison and bango!!

Part of my daily living is recognizing my selfishness and doing something about it. A decade of drinking can sure wipe away memories of my old self and old ways of giving. Yesterday I made it a point to give more than I usually would and I find that the more I give of myself to others the more serenity I have.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
instant

It,s nice to be there for a change.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

So next Friday will be my 9 month anniversary---- and like others, I've been needing to face up to getting medical checkups but haven't really done much yet.

In August, my wife put me on her dental plan so I had to go in for my free exam and cleaning. I tell ya, I was worried because it had only been three months since I stopped drinking and smoking. I was thinking at the time that they would find who-knows-what wrong with my teeth and I would be a wreck!! Guys, before this visit came up I hadn't been to a dentist in nearly 18 years so yeah alot of things were going through my mind, especially with how much so alcohol and smoking can affect one's dental health. Well, when they did the exam there was only two tiny cavities to fill that only took about 20 minutes and the cleaning revealed little to no plaque. They were so impressed that instead of 6 mth cleanings I do 8 mth cleanings!! So needless to say I worried over nothing.

So now another things comes up recently: since I'm on her dental coverage her employer requires spouses to do wellness exams with them (free) and its mandatory. I also haven't been to a doctor in about 15 yrs or so and I have a great fear of needles. I hesitantly signed up and did my comphrehensive online health quiz and created my account, and spent the past week fidgeting, not looking forward to going in. I went this morning and did the initial screening. They took my BP which was great - at 114/76, my heart rate was 77, and my BMI was 21 which is really great!! Of course, I cringed at them taking my blood and so now I'm going to wait the next few days on pins and needles.

How many times do we see folks posting about going in for labwork and worrying?? Alot. Today I'm one of them. Ya never know - even though generally I feel super who knows what the labwork will show. I guess it's a necessary evil and I'll either be relieved or worried when I get the results in. So, in your spare time, send a few prayers up and out or warm fuzzies my way that I get great results!! I feel so lucky to have dodged so many bullets, but I'm not superman.