Notices

Class of January 2012

Old 01-07-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
mah

Day 8 here!!
im so happy to see more and more people joining !! yay! makes me work harder for this! =D goodluck to everyone!!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Candi25 View Post
Imperium, thankyou for your positive words!! That does help..and I have to say I was upset at the time and it may have come out wrong. I agree with you on the "I" mentality, especially the 19 days I have been sober, "I" am happy with myself and "I" will do my best to keep a smile and good attitude no matter who tries to bring me down.
"I" am proud of you! :-)
Old 01-08-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Day 3

Still here. Still quit

Old 01-08-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Day 6 for me. Let's keep it going, everybody!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Not sure we need the dunce's cap tho guys - you're both not dumb
^^ This.

Welcome Starfishrunning - and good to see you dorito281211! Congrats on surviving the wedding - that had to be hard.

As for me, well the good news is that there is no longer any tempting alcohol in the PurpleCat household (well, my husband's beer, but that is his stuff, not mine). The bad news is that it was disposed of in the traditional manner. However, this is part of my journey and since I am concentrating on a lifestyle change that includes not drinking, I am not going to let this bother me too much.

Happy Sunday everyone! I have to do a ton of laundry today, and there's a mass at a little church nearby that I might hit tonight. I don't get to church as often as I'd like, mainly because I don't like the mega-churches that are all around here, and this would be a nice addition to my lifestyle change. The little church only has the one mass per week, at 7:00 pm.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Here I am.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

A new week!

Happy Sunday, Classmates!

I have missed a couple of days on here but caught up today and am blown away by all of your successes in resisting temptation. It is so encouraging to be part of such a wonderful, supportive community.

Day 20 here tomorrow! I was feeling so good yesterday I splurged (gulp) at a high end salon. I figure that the money I have saved on cabernet over the past few weeks is about equal to the cost of the appointment, so I am just going to enjoy the pampering and not feel guilty!

Hey, I've noticed that all of these weird aches and pains I was having are gone; my skin isn't flaky, my eyes aren't watering all the time, and my handwriting is much better. Who knew? I can't wait to see what else sobriety will bring. What are you noticing about your health? I'd love to hear your stories!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iceteaplease View Post
Hey, I've noticed that all of these weird aches and pains I was having are gone; my skin isn't flaky, my eyes aren't watering all the time, and my handwriting is much better. Who knew? I can't wait to see what else sobriety will bring. What are you noticing about your health? I'd love to hear your stories!
Icedtea, my last run at quitting drinking lasted 95 days and netted me numerous health benefits. I was up to a high of 205+ pounds, and am now back to my fighting weight of about 170-175. My blood pressure improved. My triglycerides dropped by 15 points, and my total cholesterol dropped by a staggering 30 points.

Now this is not all due to not drinking, I was eating better and becoming more active as well. But my point is that sobriety can be a springboard for other positive changes in your life.

Hang with it, the best is yet to come!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Day 13 for me.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

15 days for me
Congrats all , lets be proud of ourselfs !
Old 01-08-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

beginning of day 8 for me..happy sunday everyone..and nope, aint gonna drink today either..woke up feeling pretty alright, and know each day waking up is going to get better until i am all better
Old 01-08-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I am at the point where I have accepted I have a major problem with Alcohol. I am losing the most important relationships in my life due to my awful, aggressive, drunken outbursts. I don't know who that person is, but Im tired of being ashamed all the time.

I have had some support from a professional, and managed to stop for a month in September last year. This time, I have finally accepted that alcohol is going to ruin my life, and I have to stop for good.

Finding this board is a real life line to me, and I hope I can take support from you all. Today is my first day sober, so not much of an achievement, but I plan to stop for good.

Reading all of your stories is truly an inspiration to me, and I see with great clarity that it can be done; people can get sober and stay sober. Respect to all of you. I'm going all in now for sobriety..

Ed
Old 01-08-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by WantToHeal View Post
But my point is that sobriety can be a springboard for other positive changes in your life.
This is kind of how I am approaching things, except at bit backwards. I want a serious lifestyle change (mainly being more healthy so I can live to enjoy the pension that I just became eligible for lol), and I cannot accomplish it without ditching the alcohol. No alcohol, some sort of exercise every day, eating well, and paying more attention to my quality of life by doing things like going to church, and also more fun activities like bowling with my son etc.

Welcome to SentencedToLife and ee1979! So glad to have you with us

Roll call - 65 people trying to improve their lives. How awesome is that?!

ACT10Npack.....Alana1.....AmyLouise.....ARTEMIS201 1
Balerie.....BlueEyedBoy.....Bombshell.....BoozeFre e
Cali013.....Candi25.....Cardinalfan.....chrisb245. ....curbed
DoneDying.....dorito281211
ee1979.....Emma18
faceitandfixit.....Fdm.....Flamingredhair.....Fris ky.....FourSeasons.....Fubarcdn
H2only
iceteaplease.....Imperium
Jallen83.....James1983.....JulyBabe
kla
lifeanew.....lifewithout.....LivingOutLoud.....Los t3000.....losteverything.....lushly
mah.....Marius76.....Michell.....mttwlsn16
newleaves2012
PaddyB.....PowerOfMind.....PurpleCat
quitforme79
Rugby8
Sarah1414.....Scarletrose.....SD777.....SentencedT oLife.....Shackles.....slackie.....Snooper.....SoC alDude.....stevie88
TheOldMe.....timetochange.....timetotry1.....too.t all.....trevesty.....tthornyone
WantToHeal.....watsonc.....Westiegirl123.....white horses
Old 01-08-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
^^ This.

Welcome Starfishrunning - and good to see you dorito281211! Congrats on surviving the wedding - that had to be hard.

As for me, well the good news is that there is no longer any tempting alcohol in the PurpleCat household (well, my husband's beer, but that is his stuff, not mine). The bad news is that it was disposed of in the traditional manner. However, this is part of my journey and since I am concentrating on a lifestyle change that includes not drinking, I am not going to let this bother me too much.

Happy Sunday everyone! I have to do a ton of laundry today, and there's a mass at a little church nearby that I might hit tonight. I don't get to church as often as I'd like, mainly because I don't like the mega-churches that are all around here, and this would be a nice addition to my lifestyle change. The little church only has the one mass per week, at 7:00 pm.
Hang in there PurpleCat. One step back, 2 steps forward
Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Smile Day8

Nice to see all of the new additions to the class! Welcome!! Went to dinner with family last night and had a great time. Everyone drank but me!! My bill was $20 less than everyone else because there were no drinks on it!! Feeling strong and well rested. Have a blessed day!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifeanew View Post
Nice to see all of the new additions to the class! Welcome!! Went to dinner with family last night and had a great time. Everyone drank but me!! My bill was $20 less than everyone else because there were no drinks on it!! Feeling strong and well rested. Have a blessed day!!
Congrats!

I never really thought about money as a motivation, but I can totally see how it will be as I go on. I suspect I will be saving on the order of $500-600 a month!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

ee1979..welcome aboard...
Purplecat, thanks for the roll call....
together, we stand a better chance to change our lives than doing it alone...i love this site
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Meow

I think in some ways it is important to look at what we are gaining, instead of what we are giving up. The benefits of quitting far outweigh the benefits of drinking, and the costs of drinking far outweigh the costs of quitting (if that makes sense).

Money is definitely part of it - I say keep those savings and treat yourself to something special, like iceteaplease is
Old 01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ee1979 View Post
Today is my first day sober, so not much of an achievement
Absolutely not true, the first day may be the biggest accomplishment of all! It's the day you decided to change your life for the better.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Still here and sober. Hard day today , harder tomorrow then the big bad day Tuesday . I am struggling but being here is helping me . thanks all .
Keep strong we can do this !!