Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 6

Old 08-13-2011, 11:37 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Hi class -

I've checked in a few times to hear how everyone is but been laying low on comments. So I've been dealing with my mishhap more privately.

THings are going well here - good and sober and so happy to hear of everyone's milestones!!!

I hope to come back more and more as I gain back more of my self respect and confidence. But I still would like to stay with you guys and am not going to do what I usually used to do and that is get shy and try and do everything on my own (usually resulting in failure).

Paddy, you don't have to be alone either. Feel free to PM me and lets try and get you out of this cycle OK??? I definitely learned from my relapse and am happy to share with you the tools I gained.

It's only 85 in Dallas today. I feel like I should bust out a fleece.

Best to you, friends!

anna
Old 08-13-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I'm feeling super needy right now and I apologize for making a "me" post but saturday night is a tough one. I survived friday night and felt great! But my hubby is going out tonight and will drink for sure and I'll be home all night. I really want to make it through this weekend and come out on the otherside saying "ha! Told you so AV!" Help?
Old 08-13-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Paddy I've screwed up more than once and everybody took me back. You better stay!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hi Brat! Good to see you too!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

I have not been posting much either but have been following all of my lovely classmates.

Squishy- You can do it!! Tell that AV to go to h3ll!!!I am rooting for you Just think of how good you will feel in the morning. Find something to keep you ocoupied.... there is a chat option on this site and there are a lovely bunch of people in there that will talk to you when you are struggling (other than here, of course). Sometimes it helps me to have a conversation in the chat.

You can do this!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Let's keep this together people. I had a tough night last night but made it though - my AV was chipping away at me all night - my wife was out for dinner with friends and I was home alone. I made it through though and so can you! Just tell it no! You are 100% responsible for your actions - think it through to the end - what will the end result of your actions be?

Gotta run now...I'll be checking in later tonight though...hang in there.

Today is my 2 month anniversary. Never, ever thought I'd make it this far when I started out on this journey.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

and I can't spell occupied lol
Old 08-13-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

I have been struggling for the past few days as well. I didnt get great news from the surgeon yesterday but am going back in 6 weeks to see what can be done then.
I went to visit my mother's grave today. I have been missing her terribly these days. When I arrived there were hundreds of Canadian geese walking around the cemetery and swimming in the pond. It was beautiful and very touching. I talked with her for a while and tried to keep it together but my emotions are very raw lately. I miss her so much.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Keep it together squishy, Im rooting for you. Have you eaten yet - I usually find once I feel full after dinner I lose any urge to drink - or used to I should say. Oh I forgot its probably early in the day for you so far - im not very good with the time differences and working them out. Its 8pm here. Can you make some plans to see some friends later or perhaps treat yourself to your fave dinner with a good film - eat as early as possible, it might help.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Oh Tuesday Im sorry for your sadness and the health issues. The time at your Mothers grave sounds special. Hugs to you ((Tuesday24))
Old 08-13-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Guys it's great to hear from you all. Thanks.

I'm on my way out to see "The Help" with a non-drinking girlfriend and will post later tonight.

great to hear from you - have a great saturday night.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Enjoy the film Anna x
Old 08-13-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Hey pumpkin, I think its the human condition to judge the book by the cover so don't beat yourself up about it. Pleased that you gave the lady a ride home. WHoooooo Hoooo eight pounds!!!! awesome!

The fair was great. saw the budwieser clydesdales. I have always wanted to see them in person. I LOVE clydesdales. And horse drawn carriages. There is something so romantic about it. My dream is to have an orchard/pumpkin patch/ horse farm. Someday. Heck. Anything is possible in sobriety right?

paddy you are always welcome. keep trying!!!! Dont give up.

squishy I know you can do it. Back on the 4th of july when it was the absolute hardest for me not to drink I got a six pack of sparkling water and drank it about as fast as I would the beer. Maybe that would help. stock up on some N/A treats. PS. I always hated it when B went out without me. But idk if your husband wanders like mine did.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Thanks blackbird and I look forward to your comments Classical. Ive been thinking oh god I shouldnt have said all that its probably very wrong of me but its how I felt so I have to be honest.

I dont know what a clydesdale is - off to google....
Old 08-13-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Ahhh lovely horses
Old 08-13-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
instant

Pumpkin you are in a place where the first priority is to your own health. It is good to help others but I think it should be from a space where you feel secure. Only do what you feel comfortable with.

There is no doubt alcohol has the capacity to eat way at what and who we are. It's not pretty. We can however all find redemption, in the wikipedia sense of the word.

Like Classical I have found I am better all round not drinking.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

It is incredible how in sobriety the days are so long and you feel everything; you are forced to live.

Wonderful!

Chimp!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for those struggling - please keep trying....maybe a different approach may do the trick?

I am thrilled we've reached a part 7 here now though...
We continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html