Notices

Class of December 2010 Part 8

Old 07-26-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Welcome to Day 1, Hooped! I've started thinking there are only two days that really matter to me—Day 1, and whatever day it happens to be at the moment. You've got both of those things right now!

I hope you feel determined and also a little hopeful today. I've been divorced for three years, split for almost four. Only in the past six months did I start to actually heal. And yeah, forgiving myself has been a big part of that. Forgiveness and acceptance—I couldn't achieve either of those things while I was drinking.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hooped remember to eat well so you don't get hit with sugar or carb cravings which can lead to a relapse. Lots of little meals like you have had the flu and need to get your stomach working again.

Some books would help too. Do you have access to recovery books? There are tons out there. Including biographies. Meetings, literature, exercise, nutrition, praying and getting out of your own head. And hanging out here, of course!

How is the rasta cat?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Lol the Rasta boy is fine. Well fed and sleeping like a baby, something which totally eluded me last night.
I spent a totally sleepless night with bizare images and thoughts flowing through my brain and the feeling that SOMETHING was standing directly behind me.
All this to a soundtrack playing in my brain at loud volume wihich played over and over all night long... Keith Richards 'Big Enough' for some reason.
Kind of a strange night, but Im coming around. Alcohol is evil.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Happy day 1...or is it 2, now? All is well here.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hooped, I'm sorry to hear you in such a down mood. The thread slows down a bit but our commitment to support each other does not waiver, so keep trying to do the right thing.

Funny how the low 90's feel pleasant. Week is chugging away, I ditched out on an evening out which I probably should have drug myself too..but it was a bar and a younger crowd. eh...
Old 07-27-2011, 12:53 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hooped - sorry about your rough night - sounds like some meditation is in order. If you have an ipod + headphones and are not averse to it, sometimes you can download (free) from itunes some cool meditative and hypnotic type relaxation stuff. I know cas I have done it in the past.

Hallucinations, crazy thoughts, sleeplessness, all part of detox and all part of your brain chemistry trying to get drugs back in, which it is used to. Don't give in.

May I suggest you look into Dr. Gabor Mate...great book on addiction called "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts" as well as another good read "From Death Do I Part" by Amy Lee Coy. Reading at night, listening to stuff from itunes, all combined with rest and food should help accompany you back into a good enough place to get some time under your belt and feel better.

MGF is right. We are here!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hooped, are you feeling any better today? I'd throw "Under the Influence" into Soph's book pile too. Loved that one. Reading definitely helps me—and somehow rationally analyzing alcoholism distances me from my own worst impulses. I'm hoping you got a little face-to-face support today of one kind or another; that always seems to give you a boost.

MGF, glad you're keeping cool in the low 90s. Funny how much I used to LOVE bars, and how little allure they hold for me now. For a while I avoided them because I was scared I'd be tempted; now it's like you said... eh.

You guys seen Dee around lately? Hope he's taking a well-earned SR vacation...
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hi, Decemberists!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hola, amigos.

One day to go to the weekend. More important: one week to go until my vacation. I wish I was hopping on a plane to Hawaii, but a week off from work will feel like paradise just the same.

For now, I'll settle for a bowl of Grape Nuts and an episode of "The Tudors" on Netflix. G'night all.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:26 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!

All is well, heat is going back up here in DC. Wishing you a great weekend...December seems soo long ago, and so cold ago.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

TGIF guys.

Hooped, thinking of you buddy! Hope you and Rasta boy are doing okay.

MJ, where are you in your pregancy? Like month 4 or 5? When is your due date anyway?

Work is nutty but keeps me going.

Bye for now guys. Have a safe and sober day!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Just dropping in to say hello... the wedding is next Saturday and it's been BUSY! I have been sober since I had the seizure, so about a month and a half-ish? The crazy feelings have mellowed out a bit and I'm settling into a new routine. Glad to see everyone is well here.

Ta for now - I'll be back after the wedding.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hello! I am due in Jan. Feeling great. So calm and peaceful. I'm proud of us all! Day by day, we are making this work!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:44 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hey, guys. GFCO—great to see you back and doing so well! MJ, have you guys settled on a short list of names?

The kiddo and I loaded the Radio Flyer with sandwiches, chips, and drinks and rolled it to a park a few blocks away, where they have Friday night concerns for a few weeks each summer. Drinking isn't technically legal, but it's common and expected—I was in the definite minority of adults. I remember taking two beers there in the wagon last year...and being eager to get home when they were done. I can't tell you how much more I enjoyed it tonight, feeling completely content, and fully in the moment.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

GFCO that is so exciting. On so many levels. That seizure - what a wake up call and a blessing in disguise of sorts eh? Gosh, you must be very happy and excited. Good for you!!

Happy weekend all. Hooped, hope you are doing okay.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:49 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Headed to see Crazy, Stupid Love today...looks funny!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hey, guys. Just dropped off the munchkin at her mom's place. Last night when she was going to bed she said, "I laughed a lot today." That pretty much made my weekend. Not much on the agenda today; a few errands, landscaping, gym, that's about it.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:19 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Have a great week everyone! Weddings, babies...wow.

Stayng committed to sobriety. My ex was in town and she opted for pink lemonade at dinner. What a wonderful friend.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

lol, the Chatty Chattertons look ore like the Snoozy Snoozertons! We really have slowed down, eh?

Of course, it's not like I've got something interesting to report. Another wild and crazy evening of yard work. Not even 9 and already feeling sleepy...

Glad you had a good visit, MGF. Small gestures like that really mean a lot to me, too.

Lala salama, folks.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

D