Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 56

Old 05-06-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

some of the church ladies came this afternoon and a few co-workers of my brother's and SILs.....

i was told that Reverend emailed the congregation and he would be holding a prayer service at the funeral home at 8PM....tomorrow there is a service at the funeral home, the church and then we go graveside....more churching than i have done in a long time.

they fixed my mother very nicely so you could not see the ravages from the drastic weight loss in her face....and the outfit looked good, her hair, etc....i was concerned about this tiny spider i spotted on the curtains behind the coffin.....but i did not want to call attention to it as we had company.

one more session tonight....then the trifecta tomorrow...followed by the repast....
Old 05-06-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
cmc

More hugs to those experiencing loss of a loved one.

I don't know any of these new words that I keep seeing here in WA!!!

Wonderful New Whiny WA Vocabulary Words Whine-ku

fallibilism....
newby1961's
whiny word winner
:
Old 05-06-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here's a bigger whine... REALLY ANXIOUS AND OUT OF SORTS TODAY. Really really. Two dog walks didn't even take the edge off. Shrink upped my anxiety meds but not noticing a difference yet...
Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thought about drinking last night and was just about to head to shops when got an email and changed mind. I didn't drink.
My whine is that today I have full hangover symptons...headache, sore eyes, tired, fuzzy brain, headspins, feeling blah. I DIDN"T DO IT!!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TotallyOverIt View Post
Thought about drinking last night and was just about to head to shops when got an email and changed mind. I didn't drink.
My whine is that today I have full hangover symptons...headache, sore eyes, tired, fuzzy brain, headspins, feeling blah. I DIDN"T DO IT!!
Im whining about the fact that if you drink you get Hangover symptoms
If you don't drink you get withdrawal symptoms.
drink too much you get overdose symptoms.

I wish there was a easier way to do this.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Least - thanks so much! I hadn't read much about it. Def. going to get hold of it.

Fandy - So much for you to go through - proud of you for keeping your head & not caving.

TOI - You didn't do it, that's the main thing. Good job.

Welcome greste21 - great to see you here. Whining helps.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

(((((Fandy)))))....all the whiners would be there for you if we could..100% guarantee that.

(((((TOI))))))....you didnt drink, that is truly awesome! You rock!

(((((Least))))...anxiety sucks. I find mindfulness exercise to be very useful.Google and you shall find.

I feel like crud today, getting a cold, sore throat, its raining, monthly whine on the way, did I say its raining? And I feel like crud?
Old 05-06-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Oh your not gonna believe this. If you remember my relationship ended and she asked me to move out. So I did. Well, NOW, she can no longer stay at the old place. See we had a water pipe burst and it flooded part of the house. She has terrible asthma and is convinced there is now a mold problem that is affecting her asthma.. Might be true too. SOOO...she came to me and the friend I'm currently renting a room from and asked if she could move in with us. LOL I kid you not. The friend said its up to me. Well she has no other place to go right now. She was crying her eyes out. I feel bad. I dont want her getting sick, so I said sure, whatever. So after this entire fiasco we still live in the same house. Had I known this was going to be an issue I woulda stayed at the old place and she coulda moved. I dont however have the money to rent that place now as I already paid rent here. So I am kinda screwed. Hey, I'm sober....lol.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That might win the whine du jour award, gymi.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

agreed patt

hugg, what do you want to do? lol

and no non alky tequila

good on the 15 sos

hope your on the upswing soon Hev,

FP Blows!

good wishes gymi

shove her in a closet?

dang spammers have got me crazed on my website!

delete, delete, delete...

like i have time for that nonsence!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hevyn's right, gymi that stinks.

Sweet easy sleeping to Fandy & Least and WhoEverNeedsIt.
Manz! Your CRUD IS HEREBY BANISHED! BEGONE!
TOI, hey _I_ wanted to drink today too! But I didn't either! So instead of wine, I WHINE.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Unhappy Whine Whine Whine

I am so proud of all you whiners that have wanted to drink but chose not to. We need all of you so please keep the faith, it will get better, and if it doesn't, it sure will get different.

Thanks Hevyn on my word award. Yiipie I have never won anything, well that's a lie. I went to Bingo once when I was living in Colo and I was living with my x's parents cause he was in jail. Anyhoo, I had just got a job back when my record was clean, and I could actually get one.. I needed $ for my uniform and I won $100.00 bucks

So I guess my whine is, just cause I had a really bad year back in 2002 to 2003 due to my addiction even though I am almost 7 years clean that wreckage is still just as bad as the day I crawled in here.

In AA they have the promises and one of them is we will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. Well I do regret all that, and don't know how to let it go when it still is negativly (sp?) following my a**

Wow I had no clue I was going to write all that, man..but I guess if you can't be real then you might as well not say anything?

Nite Nite

Last edited by newby1961; 05-06-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: add comma's
Old 05-06-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

it will get better, and if it doesn't, it sure will get different.

Love it.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Newb - you're not alone. My wreckage is still with me too, & lately regret has been sneaking up on me. We can't let it overtake us, though.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Still feeling crud.

Running interference between the sister and the brother because neither one can be bothered to pick up the phone to talk to each other....... get a grip and act like adults for a minute guys....ya both have kids of your own on the way!!!!!!

That is my Whiney Saturday done, sun is setting, time for dinner soon(vege Dhal Makhani, yummy). Hope all you northern hemisphere dwellers have a lovely Saturday.

Fandy, my thoughts will be with you.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:17 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

it is 4:11AM and i need to sleep.....i will look like death warmed over for the funeral gig.

it's a trifecta for Saturday....the funeral home prayer service, the church service, the graveside service, the lunch service...and then my SIL asks me if i am going to church on SUNDAY too as there will be a special remembrance for my mother service????/ good grief!!! shoving church down my throat a little???? ya think???

i do not deny others, but my brother is only working part-time...i have a 7 day in a row in front of me starting on Sunday...no i do not want to spend 2 hours in church...i can talk to God at home...he says thats fine with him.

I am shocked at the physical appearance of LMF....but like a good mama, i kept my mouth shut...she has gained a tremendous amount of weight....like 100#.....i know she is unhappy....and still carrying anger on her.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:34 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

newb, we do hope you may salvage something out of that wreckage

and fands, i bet this is ex-mr fands big day!

it's almost post time!

and we have 1g on Whineapalooza to show!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm tickled. My Star Trek tos DVD is in at the library. I can walk down there with Jack to get it. Get a good dog walk in before it rains later on. Then have a STtos marathon while it rains.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gymi, my codar (codie radar) senses tearful manipulation, please be careful. As I suggest to the codies often, "we" are not anyone's only option. We are not even a good option most times. Just sayin' (and whinin')

My whine today is "where are my blossoms and flowers?" Last weekend I was at a bridal shower about 4 hours southwest of here and they had lovely tulips and daffodils and blossoms and we are usually only about a week behind so I waited in joyful (albeit whiny) anticipation and yet I look out my window and see buds but no blossoms. Global warming indeed! Pffffttt.

Hugs out to Fandy today. Still sitting beside you holding your hand. Today I brought you some bunny slippers to help take a load off....not that you are a load or anything, but you get it, yes?

Happy Whiny Saturday Gang!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh!! Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow for the Whiny ladies. You don't have to be a mama to celebrate, so have a wonderful day and treat yourself to something special.

Bubba is working, so he is off the hook, but I suspect he has a special fine dining experience in mind for this evening...and flowers if he is wise.

I risk repeating myself on this whine, but you must agree it is worthy...

Quite a few years back, when we lived in Toronto, I suggested to Bubba that instead of cut flowers for Mother's Day, he might want to buy me something nice for the garden so I could enjoy it all summer (I had a lovely Niagara Rose in mind.)

He bought me 5 bags of dirt!!! Oh, not just your ordinary dirt, but this was 3-dirt dirt, special for gardens. He meant well, bless his heart, but ever since then I have learned to be more specific and he has learned that fine dining and flowers keep him out of the doghouse.

So just remember, ladies, that even dirt may have a little love tucked in there somewhere...and remember, if you want a Niagara Rose, just go buy yourself one.