Notices

Class Of December 2010 part 4

Old 03-20-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

You did say your bit Dee. And you say much, to so many people, and we love you for it. We need your bit and we appreciate your bit. Thanks.

Soph
Old 03-20-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Soph
I just don't want to over do my bit, cos that would be really boring LOL.

D
Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I said my bit yesterday, thats all
LOL, I can totally here the Oz accent when you write it like that, Dee.

Soph, sorry for the chirping crickets today—I was running around with my daughter most of the day. But yeah, come to think of it, I'd pretty much just cut paste Dee's howling emptiness bit from yesterday into my post today...

Hooped, hope you feel better soon. MG, I appreciate the sentiment; this group is really important to me! MJ, welcome home. VC, Wednesday is gonna be a great milestone! Hope it's a week of smooth sailing, everyone.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi Decembers -

Had a very productive day yesterday. Got out the electric hedge trimmers and filled five 39-gallon bag worth of trimming. Whew! Then ran some errands, got in a Jazzercise class then some chicken. It was a good day

Hope everyone has a peaceful, sober day.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Forgot to say MG - hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Wow, you have been really productive lately, Better! I accomplished nothing this long weekend except hang with my daughter, which was fun. Now back to the weekday grind...
Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Well I know that when Dee blurts out a "bit" there is no longer a howling emptiness in me. Who loves ya Dee?

Sounds like everyone had an interesting, self-discovering weekend. It had to be the moon!

Good for you Hooped. I know if Mr.Cycle (lol) brought beer home and proceeded to drink it, it would bother me alot. Sorry you have to deal with that. I am proud of you for going out and being strong. Keep it up my friend.

Well peeps, I should get this train moving..........will check in later. Have a fabulous Monday morning.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi December group. As you might be able to guess I have been having a lot of trouble getting back on track and finding it all too easy to buy beer instead. After realizing yesterday that my tolerance is back to where it was however many months ago it concerned me and I thought a lot about how I felt while being sober and how even my worst day sober was probably better then a day of drinking. I want to do the right things and make good choices in lIfe and none of that will be possible while I'm still drinking. So here I am starting fresh one more time on day 1 today. I also start school now so hopefully that will keep me distracted work all day then class at night on Mon and Tuesdays.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Keep on trying BF, keep on trying.......... :ghug3
Old 03-21-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

<<how even my worst day sober was probably better then a day of drinking. >>

Good one to quote, Better. I will remember this! Thanks. Happy Day One Better!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Soph - Great quote, but I can't take credit for it - it's from BF
Old 03-21-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Whoops I meant Boozefree, sorry! I guess I got your names confused, it's hard when I am in a rush... usually I have to really think about it (Ok MJ is MaryJan but MG is mygrandfather...BF is Boozefree in California and Better is in Oklahoma...) ya know! Us old 40-something geezers have to take a moment to think these things through!!

Dee is the easiest. LOL!!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
FT

Hey. You are just kids. Try 59 years and counting to the big 6-0.

I also called upon that quote about a bad day sober being better than a good day drinking, many years ago when I quit ETOH. I have no idea who first said it, but I found it a good thought to hold onto.

The other one that carried me through MANY days was, "No one ever wakes up in the morning wishing they had 'one more' drink the night before."
Old 03-21-2011, 12:20 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bettterlife4me View Post
Forgot to say MG - hope you are feeling better soon.
Oh I am fine! Literally I was groggy Sunday becasue I stayed up until 02:00am.

Hope you all have a good Monday...I beat a big storm riding in this morning. Now it's warmed up to the 60s.

Go December!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Hi December group. As you might be able to guess I have been having a lot of trouble getting back on track and finding it all too easy to buy beer instead. After realizing yesterday that my tolerance is back to where it was however many months ago it concerned me and I thought a lot about how I felt while being sober and how even my worst day sober was probably better then a day of drinking. I want to do the right things and make good choices in lIfe and none of that will be possible while I'm still drinking. So here I am starting fresh one more time on day 1 today. I also start school now so hopefully that will keep me distracted work all day then class at night on Mon and Tuesdays.
Have a great day everyone!
And we are here with you. Many many days lost to days-after. Something inside me, loong ago in college, told me I could be a bteer me without drinks. And I went a full year in college, my last year of college, without it. Was the most productive of all my time there...bets grades, best internships, felt healthy.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

BF, you stay on board. And keep posting. Staying busy and distracted definitely helped me. But the biggest thing of all, I think, has been realizing that I want to live without alcohol. Once I started running towards something, instead of simply running away from something, it seems like everything became much easier for me. It's about making a sacrifice or keeping a vow or doing what I'm supposed to do anymore—it's about getting what I really want.

...Still, I felt quit a pull this weekend. I caught myself falling back into feeling like I was missing out again. Maybe it was that moon after all!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I caught myself falling back into feeling like I was missing out again.
That is a feeling I get too, GF........"why can't I do that?" Like it's a punishment not to drink.......when indeed it is a reward!!!!!!!!!!! I will feel like this a bit tonight at bowling..........but I will stick to my Red Bull......

Will "see" you guys in the morning!!!

lala salama
Old 03-21-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I'm not GF, VC -- maybe that moon made us all dyslexic!

(Plus, isn't he "MG"? Maybe we go back to saying "Gramps"? I always liked that nickname! I guess you should have a vote, too, GF or MG or whoever you are, lol!)

By the way, I hit 90 days this weekend! Just ordered myself a leather jacket I've been eyeing as a reward—but they told me it won't be available to ship until early May!! So looks like I have to keep my streak going now, otherwise I'll feel so guilty when the darn thing finally arrives!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

LOL............R&A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I am losing it. Where am I anyway?
Old 03-21-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

WTG on 90 days R&A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R&A? Yeah, that's it.

I did get my business license today.......a week and a half and I am out to promote............grassroots style at first.