Notices

Whiners Anonymous The Golden Part (50)

Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
cmc

Nothing much to whine about here except the nasty, rainy & chilly weather today.

"whine"
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/sat_m.../IR/isafls.gif
Old 01-17-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Isis was eating my hair...at least she was trying to.

Silly cat.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
we will have a good weather whine upcoming....snow and ice and slick mess is a comin'

boo-hiss!

I can think of few things I love more than getting up at 10 p.m., digging my car out of the snow scraping the ice off the windshield and then making my 25 mile drive to work in the dark while trying to dodge all the black ice. Ahhh...good times my friends, good times.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Invisigoth - Plus, you get to do those things with a mashed finger. Hope it feels better.

HB - It's great the color is all you wanted it to be. I once painted my liv. room & I swear the color looked entirely different the next day. It had been a light blue, but looked lavender & clashed with everything.

Fandy - Are you supposed to get any accumulation? Say it isn't so, sister!!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

the weather channel people are starting to get all worked up...they get very excited when we have bad weather....lots to blab about.

i will turn on the channel now (cue the muzac while we wait for the commercial to finish)......

Wintery mix predicted...we are under a "weather advisory" for 2-3 inches overnight mixing to sleet/ice in the AM....oh Flock!....i have 50 lbs. of extra saltmix-icemelt stuff...i hate this more and more...it never got above 25 today. snow does't bother me, but that black ICE goth talked about is nothing i will mess with.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I only have my counseling appt tomorrow, close enough to walk to it, but hell if it's that slick the sidewalks will be dangerous too cause they don't get salted like the streets do... If it's the least bit bad I'll call her and have a phone appt.

Goth, for heaven's sake you be careful going to work (stupid thing to say but you know what I mean). I can't help but worry about my friends dammit.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Sing it sisters...a whiney weather email alert received this afternoon for my neck o' the New England woods:

The NWS in gray has issued a winter storm watch, in effect from Tuesday morning through late Tuesday night.

Timing: Snow will enter the region Tuesday morning, followed by mixed snow, sleet and freezing rain Tuesday night.

Accumulations: 6 inches or more of snowfall is possible, along with a thin coating of ice.

Impacts: Travel will be treacherous. Scattered power outages are possible.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Not to be left out....it was a little cloudy at Lake Okeechobee today...and 74 degrees. *ducks before she gets clobbered*.

We didn't get lost...there is only one road around that lake. No gators today, but sugar cane about 9 feet tall!! I didn't know it grew that high.

Nighters Whiners, Queeny needs a shower and some rest.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hbee, you have my sympathy. We're not getting much snow here in Ohio, certainly not six inches, only the rain and freezing rain overnight til Tuesday afternoon. You play it safe now and don't go out unless you absolutely have to!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann - How thoughtless of us - whining about snow, while you were down there dealing with clouds.

We're getting the good old Wintry Mix, whatever that ends up being.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

the things i have seen in wally-mart.....i was in the spice section....they have ****-flavor seasoning......i assume it is meant to simulate the way a male chicken should be seasoned????? or the spice of life? it was near the garlic powder and carribbean sections.

Perhaps i should send some to Mr. Fandy so he can have an exciting physical experience?...

no offense intended...check your local walmart.
i laughed so hard i started crying.....a good belly laugh does wonders for me at times.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
part time member

For those with weather related whines...
THIS IS LEGAL...JPG...NOT TICKER!!!!

I'm still waiting for some real snow here!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just a general grumble at ungrateful demanding kids...
Old 01-17-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ok, now I'm really pissedoff cause my scrolling mouse will only scroll up, not down. I guess it's new-mouse-time for me!!

Never mind... I banged it on the desk and now it's working fine.

Well, sort of fine, by turns... and tomorrow will be treacherous travel so can't go mouse shopping.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

great, now i have to get the odf ice-skates out!

and queeny,

when are you and KB hit'n the

Okkiefinokie Swamp?

way to go K's

your consistant! lol

hey least, i've been having the same mouse problem of late,

whats up with that?

and on two OS's
Old 01-17-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I should be whining cause I'm too damn lazy to use the blue arrow bar on the right, like I used to have to do... Damn, am I lazy or what??
Old 01-17-2011, 09:25 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
part time member

If you happen to have a mouse with the old roller balls....you can take out the ball and clean out the area...if optical you can clean that too...I don't think they take to being banged on the desk..but maybe it loosened the dirt...
Old 01-18-2011, 02:19 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

looks like i might have a day to play with the mouse

Old 01-18-2011, 03:26 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fandy!! You just crack me up

Sorry about the snow, Whiners, I will do my part and wave southern breezes north. When you get your January thaw, you will know Queeny is at work!!

Today is housework day...laundry, clean-up, check bank at home and pay bills...even on vacation the place needs to be cleaned.

CMC, you do a wonderful job at keeping this state beautiful...I give all the credit to you because no place is beautiful without a whole lot of whining going on.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

i am full of weather whines today.....not much snow, but there is about 1.5 inches of thick ice covering it....i could use 50# of salt on the walk itself....Sammy doesn't understand why i will not walk him to his favorite poopy spot.

connsidering i have to rely on my sense of balance to get to my car without falling on my buttisimo, i won't be heading to work until the temps come up and someone salts the roads....it would be just stupid to go sliding off the road, and maybe cause damage to my car and myself....the $500. deductable for collision insurance, the other idiots on the road, the drive home is predicted to be more of the same.

in the infinite wisdom of state government, they have NOT delayed work????? WTF????