Notices

Whiners Anonymous The Golden Part (50)

Old 01-28-2011, 02:37 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

One more day until the weekend!

Okay, maybe I should be real with myself. I'm certainly not getting any thinner.

No more:

-chips
-cookies
-cakes
-chocolate (that was really tough to type)
-meat snacks

Negatives don't look so good. Maybe I should focus more on what I can eat rather than what I can't:

-nuts (I'll worry about moderating those later if it becomes a problem)
-fruit
-veggies
-shrimp (yum)
-other more-healthy-than-what-I've-been-eating stuff
Old 01-28-2011, 02:41 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

*sigh*
Old 01-28-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cheering you on, Bam, you can do it!!!

Zipperman, pleeeeezzee be careful shoveling. It's about the worst thing you can do for your heart. Calgon is just what the doctor ordered.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fell asleep at my desk again last night... didn't even log out, just turned the computer off and went to bed. We only got a couple more inches of the white stuff yesterday so can't complain there.

Good moaning whiners! Stay warm and dry if you can.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Bam, there are several "Eat this, Not That" types of books that are full of pictures and common sense...i have the one by Robert Shapiro.

No Hbee, no Obagi for sensitive skin.....it's a deeper chemical peel and your face will scab like a burn....i look quite scary for a week, but it removes all the brown spots on my face...i don't wear much make-up even at my advanced age.

i'm currently on my phylospy kick for the scents...eggnog body wash and Amazing Grace.

and slathering up with body cream...because i flake and itch....i hate winter!

the stupid weather people are teasing me with next week's snowstorm predictions! very annoying...who wears a velvet dress at 6AM? these people are irritating me.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
cmc

Good for you Bam Drs Oz & Roizin have written alot of "You" books...their "You On A Diet" comes highly recommended.

Speaking of food... one of my new favorite foods is steel cut oats.

What the box of oats says is 4 servings lasts a week for me. I make a big batch and then it's ready in the frig to nuke whenever I want some. I cook it with fat free milk and it's so creamy & yummy that I don't even add sugar to it...just some dried or fresh fruit. It's also good with a smashed banana and crushed walnuts stirred in.

You can cook it directly in a crock pot or in an ovensafe bowl placed inside the a crock pot filled with water- but I so far I've only cooked on the stovetop. And of course...I've burned the bottom of the pan _twice_ because I forgot to stir it often enough.

My whine:

I forgot to eat breakfast and now have a headache. sheesh
No wonder I keep thinking about food here in WA.

I need to get off from this chair and go make some tea & toast w/ marmalade.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Steel cut oats....sounds cold...LOL

On the flip side...

Raven is sound asleep on the heating pad I had on my back earlier...it's still on (medium).

Yeah, RZ...my aching back from shoveling too

And I don't have the heart to wake my little fur baby from such a sound, warm sleep.

Puuurrrrrrrrrrrr....Zzzzzzzzzzzz....Wwaaahhhhh
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

i had a heating pad going last night too...(chronic back aches..the heat loosens up the old muscles)....both the dog and cats like to warm their toes on it after being on a cold tile floor....Pookie will just stand there with all 4 feet planted...you can almost hear him say AHHH! that's better!

I prepared the bed this AM just the way he likes it with "his" fur throw on top of the down blanket and the pillows just so...his favorite toy spider...the cat will still be on the bed at 6PM when i get home.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

But the potential for another major storm looms for the middle of next week, and this storm is likely to be followed by more intense cold, compliments of the Arctic region of Canada. Nighttime temperatures might again plummet to below zero by late next week. from AOL news this PM

thanks Anne!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

My whine is that when I went to the Dr's yesterday they couldn't say 100% that the lump they found was not cancer so I need to go in and get sliced ouch. I can't get in till the
17th of Feb so my head has all that time to mess w/me.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Newby - So sorry you have to go through that, & with a long wait.

I believe that today's meteorologists go too far to make their report colorful. A recent forecast included this: "A mega storm is on it's way, folks - causing major travel disruptions & possible life-threatening conditions". This same weather team gets creative with words like Snowmageddon and Snowicane. Just the facts, please.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

"THUNDER-snow"!

if i see that guy from the weather channel so sliding down a snow pile one more time, while they play the piggie squeal, i may just SCREAM...(which is better than drinking i guess).

i did like the snow-puppies video though.

it is snowing again here..sigh! i am off to the land of 3-B's for more Gloria Jean's butter-toffee coffee.

the recycling man is supposed to make a special appearance tomorrow AM to make up for yesterday.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Newby))) Kep the faith, girl!

I spent the afternoon in Big Cyprus Seminole Forest...absolutely awesome. My whine is that my forest photos can't portray the sound of birds and nature nor can is provide the smell of "green" flora and fauna.

Happy weekend Whiners. Everyone gets to sleep in, snow or no snow...queeny says
Old 01-28-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I took dk to the grocery store but before hand we went to the cafe and she bought my coffee and left a huge tip - the kid can be very generous. The tab was seven dollars and she left a six dollar tip! At least she's not a tightwad...

How many more days until spring?? How about 'warmageddon', I'm eager for that one...
Old 01-28-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

(((newby)))
Old 01-28-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

BTW, no one congratulate me yet. I've been down this road far too many times...and while I've stayed chocolate, chips, meat sticks and cake free today I feel very hungry, although I just woofed down a nice wrap with rice, shrimp, lettuce and ranch mixed with hot sauce.

Damn...I can still eat. WTF? I'm trying to let it settle before I grab something else.

Question: What do people think about taking one day out of every month (and one day only) to pig out on whatever crap I want? Maybe I can make that day tomorrow?

I mean, geez. I know I'm full of bullsh!t when I say 'at least I'm sober, so eat whatever'. Harm reduction...ah...

Warning: Guys may want to skip the paragraph in red.

I picked a bad time to start this. It's that time of the month and I need junk. Should I wait until after I'm done?

If i give up the junk food, what have I left? A better chance at a healthier me...blah blah blah. I'll feel better...blah blah blah. I'll be able to see my feet...blah blah blah.

I'm whining...because it's all I know to do.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I caved! I'm eating a chocolate muffin! And I don't care!

Ha ha!

I don't get it...alcohol was a real witch to stop and stay away from...why won't/can't I do the same with junk food?

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to interrupt you mid whine Bam

Time for part 51
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-51-a.html

D