# 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see everyones gearing up for another sober weekend
Hope you check in soon Sd

D
Old 12-17-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Class of November 2010!

All good here! Had a big week, staff christmas party last weekend, going away for two days (confronted with the whole mini-bar, away from home thing), work, cricket yesterday SO I've given away my two tickets to U2 (playing tonight) to my daughter and friend. I fell in a hole on Thursday night, had the nice relaxing day yesterday at the cricket, but think that I must slow down for sobriety to work.

Tonight was going to be free drinks (again) along with food before JayZ then U2 360.

I think I just have to chill, spend some quiet time and not be confronted with the temptations. It's only a week to Christmas and New Years and that's going to be quite tough.

There is still that roller coaster ride and being too busy/stressed out = rollercoaster ride heading down. And down is not pleasant.

All good - I'm very happy though! (I'll cut down on the chocolate Jan 1....)

Have a great sober weekend everyone! To the Class of Nov 2010,

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastion.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good job to everyone navigating the holiday parties. I rarely drank socially. My drinking was mostly just my wife and I drinking at home. Even when I was travelling, I would have a few beers with my colleagues before going back to the hotel and drinking whiskey by myself. So I don't worry as much about social situations as I do about evenings at home. The best thing for me is to keep myself occupied....
Old 12-18-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class of November... sounds as though everyone has their heads on straight for the battles coming up over the next couple of weeks. Let's all stick together and get through the holidays...we've come too far to fail now. I thank God everyday that I found SR and all of you. Keep on keepin on. Talk at you later.

Coop- Day 37
Old 12-18-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello All,

Nice to see so many that are continuing to win at this this challenge through these early days and months!

Not gonna drink today either...day 50.

Carlos
Old 12-18-2010, 08:25 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Riding Barefoot

Day 20, I think. I'm starting to lose count. Feeling very emotional today, so I hope to make it to day 21. Trying to hang in there.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 50 days Carlos

Early recovery was really emotional for me too DB - you can do this

D
Old 12-18-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Hi class!

Just a quick check-in. Today is Day 48 for me. And as strong as I'm feeling it's not strong enough to go to my friend's x-mas party tonight! Can't believe I canceled less than an hour before the party started. Feeling bad, sad and depressed! But I know it's for the best. The last party that my friend threw was epic according to booze hound standards. I can't imagine going and sitting around sipping my tonic and lime. So it looks like I'm going to have a quiet night at home watching movies and posting on SR.

Kinda proud of myself for knowing my limitations and making an intelligent decision!

Wishing you all a great sober weekend! Hang in there...we can do it!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Class of November 2010!

Well, I "celebrated" Saturday night by going to the beach and taking photos of the sunset. It felt great to just get up close and personal with nature - perhaps it gave meaning - enjoy the subtle things, the colours, the nice warm breeze, the water lapping up on the shore. (I've attached a photo for everyone to enjoy).

Drunkenbasement - know what you mean - this is the roller coaster ride I guess. Dee, does the ride get smaller and smaller, ie, lower lows and less frequent?

Chloe03 - I gave away my U2 tickets to last nights concert - that was a big call. I just wasn't settled/centred enough and being busy, didn't want yet another challenge. But it was the right one! I'm sure you decision to pass was the right one too. As I've said before, we are the "number 1" priority and just about everything else has to come second.

Carlos 50 days - well done!

Congratulations to the class for staying strong - keep sober everyone!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sunset 2.jpg (74.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-18-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

great pic Rosco

D
Old 12-19-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good day class, hope everyone is doing good.

Carlos- 50 days, WAY TO GO!
Chloe- 48 is large, sorry about the x-mas party...I would have had to do the same thing...in fact I've been making all kinds if excuses this week. It does suck on one hand, but on the other I know it is the right thing also. Maybe next year we'll be able to handle it...we'll see.

Rosco- cool pic...I'd kill to see the beach- snow, snow and more snow here.

DB- congrats on 20, stay strong.

Have a great day all.

Coop-38
Old 12-19-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Morning Novembers,

I hope you all had a good weekend.

Chloe - nice work on a tough decision. 50 days tomorrow is it? Congrats!

Rosco - nice pic man, which beach is that?

Carlos - congrats on 50 days, I hope I can follow in your footsteps!

Coop - the big 4-O coming you way!

Me, I'm still sober, but don't know if I would be if fate hadn't intervened. I was supposed to go out with a bunch of mates on Sat night. BUT, the park brake on my car failed, it ran down the driveway, through a fence and ended up perched on its belly (like in the movies) with two wheels down, two wheels up in the air. UNTIL, the tow-truck driver came along, forgot to put a line on it before backing up, and then nudged it down a flight of stairs and into the backyard. At this stage I nearly reached for a beer, but sanity prevailed in the end - the thought of waking up and having to go through the withdrawal process again was sufficiently horrifying to keep things on track.
So I missed my night out, my car is a mess, but sober I remain! I'll post some pics of the car later - it was pretty funny actually despite everything.

Cheers class, have a great week,

Si
Old 12-19-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey hope everyones doing well, dropped off a couple days, wife's birthday, in-laws came over for a early Christmas gathering as we do not see them around the actual holidays. Day 44 for me.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

geez Si - glad you weren't in it at the time

D
Old 12-20-2010, 02:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello Class of November 2010!

Gee, Si23 - what a story! I'm glad you are okay - hope the car is not totalled!

The photo is of a small inlet called "Watermans Bay". It's a swimming and surfing beach. I've put up another photo for the class - what I loved about this night (last Saturday) were the pink wispy clouds. I note that some of you are doing a lot of walking the dog - I'm going swimming - it's good for recovery, getting close to nature.

Everybody is stacking up the days and it's great to see. It's quite an achievement, it really is. Dee, Carol and Least are always chipping in with support - SR wouldn't be as good without these guys!

I keep looking at a bottle of champagne in the fridge and thinking "would it be too rude to ask if we can get rid of it?". It's not a risk but it's just "there". Hmm, I think I will ask my OH.

Well, have a great week - I hope most of the christmas shopping has been done by everyone.

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sunset 3.jpg (80.6 KB, 65 views)
Old 12-20-2010, 02:33 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Nice Pic there.. I have been contemplating on taking a walk for about an hour now. And I haven't been doing anything sensible instead either. Thanks for reminding me to get out and close to nature.

Been having some ups and downs last few days, returning home after a working abroad for a year. I'm a little cautious setting up "hello again" meetings with friends as I did a lot of drinking with these girls and boys. So I'm being a little complicated and scheduling lunches and afternoon walks with them.

This truely is a tricky season with all the mulled wine and everybody drinking - just one or two.

vee (getting her shoes on - now)
Old 12-20-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Morning Class, ready to take this week head on!

Si- don't mean to make light of a bad situation, but I have to be honest, picturing that story in my head was a little comical. Way to get through it without drinking.

Kernie- way to go on 44.

Vee- hope things get better, hang in there...many ups and downs on this road.

Have a great day everyone!

Coop-Day 39
Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I have been on this site on and off since Feb. 2010, i think. well, I thought I'd post an update. I was sober for about almost 6 months but then went out of town and knew I'd drink thought I could handle it on an occassional basis, which it seemed so, until 2 weeks later I drank again and the thoughts that went through my mind let me knnow that quiting altogether was my best option - so here I am I have been sober since Nov 5th!!! YAY!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

HI all Novi's. Im just checkin in too. I'm still a VIP member of the best group on here. Im 45 today. I had to look. Im not even keeping count anymore.

Well I used to spend on average 7$/day on beer so with the help of my trusty calculator I figured I have already saved 315$ so I went out and bought myself a PS3 as a reward. How cool is that !! Now I can enjoy video games with my spare time instead of throwing my money and life away drinking. Im so very proud of myself.

My brother and family were in this past weekend and the booze was flowing. I was caught off guard with how much they drank and it did feel weird to be the dry one. No one knows in my family that I'm a alcoholic. I just said "ill have a coke please" and when they asked why I just said I wanted to share it with my daughters. Then that was the end of that, THANK GOD. It did make me think about alcohol alot this weekend but I just focused on my new PS3 and kids and continue to take one day at a time.

I am very thankful I started my recovery when I did. If this were week one or two I might have failed. Now bring on New Years and lets get this season over with so I can stop being bothered with so many alcohol "events".
Old 12-20-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freespirit78 View Post
so here I am I have been sober since Nov 5th!!! YAY!!!
Me too !!! Nov 5th