Old 12-03-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

thats some big bird HB!

thought you were better ozy?

yeah, and there's my thinking again!

thanks for the drive-by least

Happy Holiday Whines Mrs C

at a meeting tonight,

i heard this lady whine about how she "Had" to buy 4 iphone gizmo's for her grandkids,

and thats why she wears rags...

Oye Vey Grandma!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good night/good morning whiners. I'm off to bed.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

'puter acting up again. I'm about to throw it out the window into the dog's wading pool. Which is filled with dead leaves and sediment. Which is that way because I haven't been able to pay attention to the outdoors since 'puter is so slow it takes up my whole day just to try & make it function. Which is forcing me to buy a new one after Christmas. I look forward to the larger screen & all the newest bells & whistles. That'll be a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

HB - I think your gig sounds great, & I hope wonderful things come of it!

Sending love out to the posse.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

for you Joanie...

D
Old 12-04-2010, 01:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

..i don't usually whine about the weather(as you know)..

..but enuff iz enuff..unbeeeleevablee..awesome....

Old 12-04-2010, 02:52 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

hevyn; when buying a computer, do your shopping locally or whatever , then see it they have the item on Amazon if you want to avoid paying sales tax....here in NJ that's 7%....and you will get free shipping. i got mine in 2 days.

i keep seeing some very nice toys on QVC, but don't know enough about the prices....i am waiting on tax refund time (don't get me started for the day)...to buy something larger and a printer....from home i am just running a little netbook which is about 2 years old...fairly fast to load and surf, but only 10 inches and no dvd drive, i have to use the external one.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:07 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hevyn, if your current computer doesnt' have this feature, be sure to get it on your new one: a DVD player!! And a nice wide screen monitor makes it like a little theatre screen! YOur own private theatre!

My own computer is five years old but two years ago my neighbor bought and installed for me a nice new bigger hard drive so it'll keep on going for a long time.

My only whine - besides that it's only 20 degrees F out - is that I woke up so damn early. FFD woke me up to go out and I thought it was 7:30 so I got up and made coffee... then noticed what time it really was... That's what I get for going to bed so early last night.

Good moaning whiners!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:56 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

ozy

we keep telling you...

build a Mote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:18 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Couldn't find Isis anywhere in the house. Calling...and calling....even shaking a treat bag---still no cat.

Isis never hides...she's usually underfoot. Out she comes from nowhere...mom picks her up...I walk over and Isis plops onto my shoulder. Bad cat for giving me a little scare this morning. I don't care if you hide, kitty....just let me know you're still in the house and not stuck somewhere wedged under or behind something. Hmm...if she let me know she was hiding....that would defeat the purpose of hiding.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I can't tell you how many times i have screamed various cat names throughout the house...then convinced myself someone got out somehow, screaming outside, coming back in to find said cat sitting in the doorway washing their face, looking at me like i have no sense at all!...(true, cats know all)..Pookie hides on top of the kitchen cabinets, behind the track lighting...he cannot be seen from the ground level.

Mr. Fandy once mistakenly locked Fandy in the porch storage closet where he spent the day with the tools and hot water heater....we were all outraged but it was an honest mistake, because the second you open that door, he races in there!

off to mama's house to clean out crapola and hopefully sell some furniture!....there seemed to be good interest from my work colleages, who have older children that are moving out...with no $$ for new stuff.....my mother's furniture is not exciting or new, but it is in good shape and clean...I hope we can generate enough cash to fill the 200? gallon oil tank and pay for a month's worth of utilities....keep good vibes for me today.

time for more coffee and my brother has promised me a bagel!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I found an early morning drama whine... Newmommy called me quite early to take her to work as daddy wasn't over there to watch his son and take her to work. So I did, then she asked me to go wake him up so he could get over there and do his "daddily duties". Couldn't find him anywhere... finally had to bring her home from work as no one to watch her kid. Then took her to his brother's house and found him snoring and still drunk... So took her back to work. Daddy won't be a very capable daddy this morning as he's fighting off a bad hangover... So glad I don't drink anymore!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Dropping in for a Whine-by..."no-see'ums" love Queeny's blood and I am having trouble finding an insect repellant to keep the little suckers away when I am walking in wooded or sandy areas...CMC, I need your Florida know-how help!!!

It's hard to whine with southern sunsets like these. See you soon whiners, when I get more connected.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Ann, bestill my heart with that sunset.

I wanna be a snowbird...wwwaaaaahhhhhhh.

Will keep my eyes open for a McSteamy...thanks for the vital tips Fands!

With my romantic luck I'll land a Dr. Marcus Welby...who I used to think was ancient when I watched him as a kid.

Now I'd consider him dating material (well, almost)

Fannie-the-Fairy is flying by to sprinkle good vibe luck dust for estate sales and under-the-weather whiners...

Going to see sis again who's recovering slowly from surgery. Pain meds make her puke - Tylenol extra strength doesn't help.

Her doctor knows...anti-nausea doesn't help either...waaah

Old 12-04-2010, 10:52 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good moaning all,

Fandy - checking stats on his health insurance - pmsl.....reminds me of how myself and a friend helped another pal find out her man of the moment was actually married with two kids. My friend worked in our equivalent of DMV and we got his addy from his car registration........then I was working for Social Welfare and looked him up on the system........wife........two daughters..........our friend was utterly heartbroken at the time but today she is married to a new guy whom she met a couple of weeks later and they have lovely twin girls. We did consider opening a PI type operation lol.

Hevyn hun - I got a new laptop recently - I looked and looked and wanted a really high spec one but didn't have a lot of money - so went for a budget brand - but WOW it's good and does stuff that I haven't had the time to do yet lol. Such as putting in the card from my camera and uploading pics and all. Why do they still make desktops???????

HB - hugs to you and sis.

For all the other whiners I have not addressed........I loves all of yiz!!!! Ye brighten my day.

My whine is .... I'm sick of my cat Woof (pic will follow) waking me up in the early hours biting my foot and digging her nails in.......she is keeping herself entertained while we sleep and I do find it hard not to smile after grumbling initially at being woken. Also a handy alarm clock sometimes.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:32 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Dropping in for a Whine-by..."no-see'ums" love Queeny's blood and I am having trouble finding an insect repellant to keep the little suckers away when I am walking in wooded or sandy areas...CMC, I need your Florida know-how help!!!
Queeny... Oddly enough I have no ESH about no-see-ums; but mr c says to use anything that contains Deet. He also said that in a pinch, applying icewater (brrrrr!) repels them somewhat. Why a snowbird would want to ice themselves while on vacation in sunny FL...totally escapes me.

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
It's hard to whine with southern sunsets like these. See you soon whiners, when I get more connected.
Did you take this pic yourself? Either way it's gorgeous!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
cmc

My whine-a-palooza-fest begins:

Whine-a-loo #1. (attn readers...this whine contains some material that may be perceived as TMI)
The mr and I went out early this am and had a great breakfast. It was wonderful..the food, the service & atmosphere. Now, some of you may know or remember that I have been decaffeinated for about a month. Since I haven't noticed too much of a difference healthwise since stopping, I decided to indulge. Yummie!! javajava!

Now for the TMI part:
As delicately and ladylike as I can muster up...three cups of coffee plus one cup of milk added=a visit to the powder room.

I was standing second in line waiting AND waiting...before I finally decided to take some initiative and look 'under' one of the doors. Since there were no 'feet' to be seen... I opened the door and politely said 'Oh. You go first.' I didn't really say that 'go' part, I'm just embellishing a bit for fun and whinablity purposes. ;-)

Her comment was to say with a bewildered look on her face: "When I knocked on the door someone answered that they were in there."

uh-huh (voices?)

And yet...as an afterthought it occured to me that maybe there was NOBODY else there in the first place when she 'heard' someone reply to her tapping on the door.

Opening the other (2nd) door revealed to me that we had both been standing there waiting for a much longer time than I would think a rational person would do. duh

I decided then & there to whine about it here later, with some of the best whiners on the www. Which brings me to the next one.

Whina-roonie #2
After enjoying our early morning brekkie we walked over to the CVS nextdoor where we went up and down each every aisle and came out with 2 bags of stuff we (I) wanted to buy. And now comes the reason I am here at home whining with time to spare.

We stopped by the house afterwards 'for just a few minutes.' I forget why, but those 'few mins' have now turned into over 2 hours due to the fact that my dear Mr c is now taking a nap. zzzzzzzzzz

I have places to go, stuff to do and gifts to purchase, plus the added fact that the holidays don't 'just magically happen' without some help from a holiday elf- who is me.
btw:dee...should I have put 'whom' instead 'who'? I forgot.

I'm ready and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.
Okay, okay..I am glad he can get some rest when he needs it but it _is_ whine-worthy just the same. yadda-yadda
Old 12-04-2010, 12:58 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No whines right now. But it sure feels good to be able to say "no" when I need to...
Old 12-04-2010, 01:04 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by least View Post
No whines right now. But it sure feels good to be able to say "no" when I need to...
Yep, least; I'm with you on that, and as they say in Al-Anon: "The word 'No' is a complete sentence."
Old 12-04-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

i am home from working my buttisimo off...physical labor for 6 hours....3 of us did well...we may be about 25% finished with the clean out.....

my brother took the kitchen to clean out old dry foods, ickiness and scrubbed down the counters and sink....he also went through and organizeed a lot of my mother's papers and put everything in one place to deal with on the next round.

I took the guest room with large chest of drawers, bookcase, desk, and boxes of clothes.

my SIL took my mother's bedroom with 2 closets and a triple dresser....

and we all made a short trip to the basement....[[[[shudder}}}}}}., i had previously done the bathroom linen closets, vanity and medicine cabinet...but my brother cleaned the toilet and sink.

we still have more cleaning in the huge basement, garage, entrance hall closets and a full sun-porch....goodgollymissmolly!...then we can begin ripping out the carpets and repairing to get ready to sell.

Loaded up my brother's F-250 bed and that sucker was filled to the brim....he works for a family owned construction company and has use of their dumpster for now....with the way prices cost to rent a dumpster, we are lucky, lucky to have this option available for freebies.

did not sell anything, but my neighbor came by and took pictures of everything for advertising...(she owns a cleaning service and knows people who are interested)...

so it was a productive day and i did not even finish my bagel.....it snow-flurried briefly, but the house was too hot!

my tenant leaves at the end of April, so I have to start advertising for a new one....our students finish in June so this is the time to start hunting through my 3rd year students for a suitable one...it is a good option because the house is less than a 5 minute drive to the hospital.

I treated myself to a trip to the Italian gourmet butcher shop on the way home, they prep fresh raw food and I just have to pop it in the oven with a bit of butter, oliveoil and lemon...chix breast stuffed with fresh spinach, mozz, breaded with crmbs and parm.

and some of their homemade cavatelli/ broccoli.....i hope i can eat before i fall asleep!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Smile ..no whines from me today..

..SO I'LL GIVE YA ALL A HUG,INSTEAD..