Notices

Whiners Anonymous...Part 35

Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hevyn; you won't even know until it is done and over with.... the hard part is the day before when there is no CAKE consumption or anything solid for that matter.

I brought 2 boxes of cookies into work....I could not stand the guilt......

I overslept today, I could not find time to exercise before work.....nor did I have time to blowdry my hair...I have slicked it back into a ponytail..but I did find time to apply some make-up.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Angry

THis day started out horribly - dk DID call me for a ride to school!!! But what was worse was going home and seeing a little dog run right in front of a car. I stopped, put him in my car and rushed him to the vet, but it was no use, he died on the way.

Then came home to a phone call from the pastor of my church saying that they (he and the deacons) would not help me financially to get my rent caught up as they didn't feel that would help. (????) Instead, they suggested debt/credit counseling, which might help if I needed counseling. I don't need help cause I know how to live within my budget... except in winter time when the gas and electric bills eat up more than their share of my check and throw me behind in everything else.

I feel like just staying in bed with the dogs today.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hevyn, I have dentist-phobia but know that teeth do not just "get better", so am braving up to go in about half an hour.

The other stuff is just something I feel I need to do, like it or not.

Now I was about to wrap all this up as one big whine when I looked out my window and saw that the redwing blackbirds are back...meaning spring is officially here!! Wooo Hooo.

Colonoscopy Whine-Ku

Colonoscopies
Are a real pain in the butt!!
Line forms to the left.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My whole damn life sucks right now, and I can't even lie down with the dogs as I have an appt this afternoon. Maybe lie down after. I'm sick of this sh!t...
Old 03-16-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

the next time dk calls you for a ride, try saying NO....otherwise this cycle will continue.

i'm sorry for your other experiences today...right now I think your whine trumps Ann's...it will get better, sooner than later i hope.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
cmc

After watching a segment on Dr. Oz's show. I finally decided to have a colonoscopy last month. It wasn't as scary as I feared and thankfully, nothing serious was discovered. I had been putting it off for over 4 years but Dr. O's show got me motivated (aka scared) enough to take action.
Nothing about it was whine-worthy so please consider my ESH strictly an off topic & whinefree PSA (Public Service Announcement)
Old 03-16-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending whiny hugs, Least, tomorrow will be better.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

New dentist has put my extraction off until next Wednesday...he didn't book enough time today and he wanted to x-ray it first. Does that make sense, x-raying a tooth that is going to be removed?

I was psyched for today, grrrr.

So I shall defer this whine until next Wednesday.

And...thank you for sharing, CMC. I will keep you in mind when I book.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ann, he needs the X-rays to see why he's extracting it...you went to Oral surgeon I presume??? he is also probably checking to see where it is cracked or broken or if it really needs to be extracted?

I am also due for my first colonscopy....sigh, I knowIknow, I have to do it, there is no excuse, i have one of the best health insurance policies, (govmt. employee--they cover everything)....I don't wanna go either. Does this count as a whine-worthy whine? I feel so inadequate.....I don't have any other good ones either.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, Fandy, gearing up for a colonoscopy is a valid whine, and definitely worthy. I have to have one very soon myself. You first.

Least, that's just horrible about the dog. I would have freaked out - tend to panic in such situations. You tried to help, and that was so kind.

Ann, I'm dentist phobic too, and have lost teeth because of putting off going. What a fool. At least you're facing up to it like a good little soldier. I've been known to cry and push the dentist's hand away - and I don't mean when I was 8 yrs. old, either!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

the next time dk calls you for a ride, try saying NO....otherwise this cycle will continue

I do worse than say no, I charge her a fee for each ride. Hits her right where she lives: the wallet. And she knows she has to pay up or no rides and she can't get any more unexcused absences or else... So she rides and she pays. Maybe she'll figure out it's cheaper for her to just get up on time to get the bus! Ya spose?:rotfxko
Old 03-16-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry about the dog S...that's horrible, but you did all you could.

I wish someone had offered me financial counselling when I was struggling tho, least - I could have used all the smarts and help I could get...

I hope, after you get over today, you'll think about it again

D
Old 03-16-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

In honour of St. Patrick's Day, I'd like to lead us all in a whiny song...join me if you will...

When Whiners' eyes are smiling
It's just laugh lines all gone wrong...
In the lilt of Irish laughter
We will sing our Whiny Song...

When Whiners' hearts are happy
and the whines all fade away
HA!! like THAT will ever happen...
So have a whiny day!!

Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Red face

I hope all goes well for everyone....

..DrOzboy..( I've graduated)...LOL
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

i just realized that the contestants on the Biggest Loser....workout and WHINE constantly...I want to SLAP them HARD!!!!!

Dr. Mehmet Oz lives in NJ...ridgewood I think...he is the vice chair of surgery at NY Presbyterian-Columbia University...he's also the director (or used to be) of the Cardiovascular Institute....he was a big deal before he wrote the YOU books with Mike Roizen....who is the Chair of Anesthesia and Critical Care at Cleveland Clinic...(anesthesia is a byproduct of surgical residency).

So Ozzy you are the *offspring* of some famous doctor in my circle..... wowza! you can google a picture of him...He got his start on Oprah of course.....
Old 03-16-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
To Life!

I've had my colonoscopy all ready too. I cried when it was about to start, cuz I was so nervous! I don't like that test. No it doesn't hurt, though I could feel pressure when they found and removed three polops. I have to return in three years instead of 5 as a result. All were meaningless polops, though.

And the dentist? I've cried more often there than anywhere! I *hate* the dentist! When we were kids, our dentist didn't *believe* in novocaine. So, I lost two teeth to rot, cuz he couldn't drill deep enough without hitting a nerve. I hope that sadist is burning in he double tooth picks right now!

Least,
I'm sorry about the dog...what a tragedy. That would have made me very sick and hurt.
And did you explain to the deacons and the preacher why you got behind? That it's not a case of credit counseling, but, too little money for heating bills that won't stop? It doesn't seem right to me, that they say what they did, if they knew your circumstance....

My belly has been aching all day... I'm having tea right now, trying to settle it. And I only had *one* oatmeal raisin cookie tonight.

Now, I've got to finish these dang progress reports, or, I'll be calling out sick tomorrow to finish them!

Shalom!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Teach, you haven't visited the Chinese Buffet again, have you?
Maybe we had the same dentist - I was traumatized in the same way. He would only use novocaine sparingly - in case I really needed it someday & it wouldn't be effective. What?!?

Yes, Ozy - Dr. Oz here is quite a celebrity. He has a new TV show too.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

hev
would hide under the covers with it when I was supposed to be asleep, and pull in Philadelphia stations.
OMG, i did that too!

queeny
Does that make sense, x-raying a tooth that is going to be removed
how bout a 1/2 a mouf full!

least, get one of those Taxi Cab Meter Thingy's!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Dr.Oz,is setting up a 'whiners' after hours diagnosis service..

(that's the aussie DrOZboy..Ok??)..

..so teach,no Chinese food,remember last time!!!

..pssst; 'teach'..get some more Chineez lessons...

I've just bought a new electric 'wok'..

..open sesami..
Old 03-17-2010, 02:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Smile

I know,no songs for the last 2 nights..'....

"Come gather around,'whiners',where-ever..you roam...
n admit that the waters around you have grown..

>you better start swimmin'.....(all you sink like a stone...)

for the time is........???????????